Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

Whose story did you like the best? (Spoilers)

• 78 results
    golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By golguin

I have finished everyone's story except for Yosuke, but I'll get to that in a couple of hours. I think the best story is probably Labrys because she was a new character that had to be established. It was a bit of a given that she was going to have some kind of tragic story, but I didn't think it would come together as well as it did and and have such an impact. Her story and the ending to the Aigis story makes for a pretty tragic situation resolving itself on a hopeful note even though the little girl is probably dead.

In terms of canon type of information I would go with Labrys, Yu, Aigis, Naoto, Elizabeth, and Mitsuru for her overall roll and confirmation that she knows the P4 cast will be getting involved.

I think a good deal of the story lines had sad and funny moments so I couldn't really pick one there. Some funny ones that come to mind are:

-Teddy fondling Naoto.

-Aigis wanting to reveal Naoto's measurements.

-Yosuke's fear of getting ass raped by Kanji.

-Chie and her steak stuff

-Yu and his Nanako obsession in the Yosuke story.

-Kanji's story if you go down the dream route.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By kerse

Where do they go from here? I just finished Yu's story and it kinda sounds like there's a huge adventure ahead for them. Will there be a Persona 4-2? Or maybe it would just be Persona 5, since all the games are in the same universe anyway.

My favorite was definitely Labrys.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Daroki

I can't point to a specific story, but there's some really great connections in the story. I love the Mitsuru and Naoto conversations (both ways... POT KETTLE BLACK), the Chie and Akihiko interaction was great, and the interactions with Aigis and Mitsuru with Yu was a bit soulcrushing. Damn right he reminds you of someone... he should.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By toowalrus

I need to finish the rest of the stories. I've played through everyone's story up until the "to be continued" part, then I played Labrys, and finished Yu's and Aigis'. I'm most excited for Naoto's and, after seeing this pool, I definitely need to play Elizabeth's. But man, Labrys' story was too damn good. 

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By InfiniteGeass

Labrys' story is the only right answer.

Sanaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Sanaj

Labrys, Teddie and Aigis are the three characters that I enjoyed their stories the most.

Labrys for character development. Teddie for humour. Aigis for relevant set-up.

Elizabeth is also worth mentioning mostly because it's a short and almost separate story.

delsaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By delsaber

While I'm not entirely sure why, my vote goes to Naoto's story.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Hunter5024

I still have to beat Labrys, Aigis, and the second half of everyone elses. So all I know so far is Yukikos the worst.

SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By SilvarusLupus

@Hunter5024 said:

I still have to beat Labrys, Aigis, and the second half of everyone elses. So all I know so far is Yukikos the worst.

Unless you do her joke ending. Then it's amazing.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Hunter5024

@SilvarusLupus said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Not as good as Chie though.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#61  Edited By Hailinel

@Hunter5024 said:

@SilvarusLupus said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Not as good as Chie though.

I actually liked Chie's the least of the three joke endings. Kanji's is epic in its build up and leads to a hilarious conclusion, while Yukiko's is funny just for taking her airheadedness to amazing new extremes.

Raem0268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By Raem0268

Labrys all the freakan way!

aznjon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By aznjon12

Labrys, on account of animated rocket punched.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Hunter5024

Now that I've beaten everything I think the poll is pretty accurate in terms of quality. I think Elizabeth was the best, because I'm a shameless P3 fan, followed by Labrys, then Kanji. It was nice to see what was up with Akihiko and Mitsuru, but I can see why those are the least popular.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#65  Edited By DonutFever

I picked Labrys. I was surprised by how good it was. I think I liked it because of how different it was from everyone else's. 

Kanji and Aigis as runner-uppers.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By toowalrus

Oh man, I'm glad I finished Persona 3 before playing Elizabeth's story. l'll stick with my original statement though. ...it's gonna be weird when P5 info starts comming out and it's got nothing to do with P3/P4, cause this whole thing seems like its building toward something big... I'm just putting my bet down for Super Persona 4 Arena.

Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By Zripwud

I just played the Labrys story and... DAMN!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By toowalrus
    @Zripwud said:

I just played the Labrys story and... DAMN!

I know! That was probably my favorite... Well, I actually really like just listening to Aigis talk, so that's the one I chose. I beat Elizabeth's the other night too, and that's pretty great if you've played through Persona 3's The Answer. I was just playing some now, I finished up Naoto and Chie... all I've got left is Yosuke and Kanji... I'm gonna be sad when I'm done, I'll be left without any new Persona to play. Actually, I could play the female character in P3P, or go back to P2, which I've never touched. Hey, I'm goin' through a weird phase right now.
    Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Zripwud

Aigis story was pretty good though. I'm not ready to go through Persona 3 right now, I'm still waiting for P4G. When I beat that, I'll play P3FES, because I never got to play The Answer =(

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#70  Edited By Hailinel

@Zripwud said:

Aigis story was pretty good though. I'm not ready to go through Persona 3 right now, I'm still waiting for P4G. When I beat that, I'll play P3FES, because I never got to play The Answer =(

Playing The Answer isn't worth it. It's a painful dungeon crawling slog that lacks the charm and the social elements of the main game and some of its story elements just make certain party members come off as total assholes. My advice is to Youtube it, if you're interested.

Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Zripwud

I YouTubed a lot of it so I already ruined the ending for me. But if I ever play P3 again, it will be FES.

Eazy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#72  Edited By Eazy94

I voted for Yu, but I also enjoyed Kanji's and specially Chie's; her whole "what a man is!" with Akihiko.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Labrys was the most touching story about a robot I've encountered since Planetarian, and that says a lot about the quality of the storytelling of P4A.

Because of how I loved both P3 and P4, it's hard to say about what other specific arcs in P4A I loved most since all of the ones I experienced included great, standout crossover moments that caused me to fanboy like no other interseries crossover I've experienced before P4A. Although... I've played through must of the arcs but not all so I might be off about this, but I was surprised why none of the P3 crew commented on how they sort of ended up in a comparable situation of actually fighting with each other due to an impasse during The Answer, I thought the mention would've been a nice throwback. Nevertheless, every crossover encounter was pretty awesome.

Now that I think about it, though, I also really loved Elizabeth's arc, just because she's become such a boss and it's really obvious how much P3's protagonist, Minato, influenced her which I especially appreciated considering the interaction she gets in P3/FES. It was also great to see her wreck everything in her path and ultimately earn her fool arcana hinting on how we might see more of her journey in the future.

Avatar image for posttimeskipsam
    posttimeskipsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By posttimeskipsam

I love them all, but ultimately I would choose Kanji's story. I honestly couldn't stop laughing. Although it's not from Kanji's story. When Akihiko decides to jump out window was probably one of the greatest moments in that game. That aside, I'm surprised how well thought out and deep Labrys' story was. I recently got back into P4A after playing through P3 FES including Answers. So I'm still running on a Persona high. I should probably play P4 again.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By toowalrus
    @MisterSamMan said:

I love them all, but ultimately I would choose Kanji's story. I honestly couldn't stop laughing. Although it's not from Kanji's story. When Akihiko decides to jump out window was probably one of the greatest moments in that game. That aside, I'm surprised how well thought out and deep Labrys' story was. I recently got back into P4A after playing through P3 FES including Answers. So I'm still running on a Persona high. I should probably play P4 again.

Same, how'd ya like it? I just finished P3 FES and the Answer last month- I don't know what people were on about with that- It didn't make me hate the characters any more, I actually really liked it- especially since it starred Aigis, who's just about my favorite Persona character. I just finished up the last P4A story last night, now I'm bummed I've got nothing left till November. The soundtrack's great though- I've got it in my car now, and fighting game music is surprisingly good music to run to.
    posttimeskipsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By posttimeskipsam

@TooWalrus: I found The Answer really enjoyable despite the lack of Social Links. I didn't hate any of the characters, but I have a lot more respect for Junpei now than I did at the end of P3. Not to say I disliked Junpei before.

But we were on the same wavelength when it came to using the key and fighting for the key.

The P4A soundtrack should pretty much be titled, The Greatest Hits from P3 and P4. Also I'm so glad Elizabeth's battle tune is Nyx's battle tune. Sounds even more amazing when it's not being played on a PS2.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By toowalrus
    @MisterSamMan: There's actually a uprising amount of new stuff on that soundtrack that I like quite a bit- the title & credit themes are both pretty good, and there's 4 or 5 battle themes without lyrics that are great, and that remix of Reach Out to the Truth is pretty good too. It's only out in Japan though (but, ya know). 

Oh, one more thing I liked about the answer. This isn't really a spoiler, but the first thing that happens in The Answer is that Ken get's hit in his stupid face with a chair- which made me laugh out loud (I didn't particularly feel any attachment to Ken- I can never sympathize with children- I just don't like 'em).
    posttimeskipsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By posttimeskipsam

@TooWalrus said:

@MisterSamMan: There's actually a uprising amount of new stuff on that soundtrack that I like quite a bit- the title & credit themes are both pretty good, and there's 4 or 5 battle themes without lyrics that are great, and that remix of Reach Out to the Truth is pretty good too. It's only out in Japan though (but, ya know).

Also, during that final fight with Nyx, I was grinning like an idiot the whole time whenever that velvet room opera would play. I mean, you listen to it throughout the game for like 20 hours while fusing without even thinking about it, then all of a sudden you hear it incorporated into that metal song and it's the greatest thing ever.\
    Oh, one more thing I liked about the answer. This isn't really a spoiler, but the first thing that happens in The Answer is that Ken get's hit in his stupid face with a chair- which made me laugh out loud (I didn't particularly feel any attachment to Ken- I can never sympathize with children- I just don't like 'em).

Yeah, I've been listening to the entire soundtrack and a lot of the new stuff is pretty fantastic as well.

The Velvet Room opera is my favorite part of the track. Such a good feeling when the opera kicks in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.