Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4: Dancing All Night

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 25, 2015

A rhythm game sequel to Persona 4 for the PlayStation Vita.

Is there gonna be a quicklook of this?

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rejizzle

I know it's next to impossible to capture Vita footage, but There has to be a quicklook of this, right? It's probably compatible with the Vita TV.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I highly doubt it

malrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm actually looking forward to any bombcast discussion on this because of all the positive buzz it's been getting

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bane122

Alex seemed really into the idea of this on twitter, if they have a Playstation TV I wouldn't be surprised to see one from them.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I'm betting they're gonna save this for December when Jeff and Vinny will be in the same office during GOTY discussions.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If they can't quick look it do the vita being hard to get footage of it, I hope they at least discuss it.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posting to confirm it's Playstation TV compatible, and those units have been going out for $35 sale since newyears. No excuse to not get it done.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somejerk: I've a coworker who just bought a PS4, they threw in the PS TV for free.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh god I hope so. It's hard to capture Vita stuff but... man this game looks weird as shit.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hunkulese

@somejerk: Having to pay $35 for it sounds like a pretty good excuse.

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cettu

I was kinda surprised when the guys didn't even mention this while talking about new releases on this week's Bombcast.

The game's a lot of fun, and the soundtrack is amazing. The only real downer, in my opinion, is the fact that the game is riddled with microtransactions.

Anyway, hopefully someone'll take a look at it!

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: Not when quick looking games is their jobs.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It always felt like to me the guys always tried to distance themselves from anything persona 4 now, as for a long while, it became the only thing people talked about, and disregarded everything else the guys did since then. i remember Ryan snapping at a dude over twitter and echoing this.

but then again, Alex seems to be the one playing it, so if anything, you'ill get a video from GBeast.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

There's not really much to show of the game though. It's just like the Miku games only with a story that's mostly static screens and voice over.

I did enjoy my time with it, but after I got the platinum I haven't gone back to it (mainly because of my backlog of games, and MGSV).

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m1k3 said:

There's not really much to show of the game though. It's just like the Miku games only with a story that's mostly static screens and voice over.

I did enjoy my time with it, but after I got the platinum I haven't gone back to it (mainly because of my backlog of games, and MGSV).

As a person who imported and loved Diva F, skipped F2 because no songs felt "right", then stood up and cheered as Future Tone PS4 was announced together with Project Diva X, I hope to see what the buzz with Dancing All Night is about after seeing it score so highly in reviews (with text that state that it's an okay game and the reviewer is a Persona fan and 9/10 whammo..)

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'd like to see some sort of quick look of that game because it sounds so weird. I'm kinda done with Atlus spinning off Persona 4 though. Between the fighting game, the anime(s), Persona Q, this and who knows what else in Japan, I'm good.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see some sort of quick look of that game because it sounds so weird. I'm kinda done with Atlus spinning off Persona 4 though. Between the fighting game, the anime(s), Persona Q, this and who knows what else in Japan, I'm good.

I'm the same. I was initially very excited about getting this but as the release date creeps up, I'm suddenly very hesitant to pull the trigger on the order I've got sitting in my shopping cart. I've only played a bit of Project Diva, and I liked the gameplay well enough, but I don't know if the Persona 4 skin makes this a must buy for me anymore. Kinda burned out on the Inaba gang.

If you tell me Elizabeth is somehow in this game though, then that's a different story.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twinsun: Not having access to a Vita TV isn't the reason they don't quick look vita games.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@twinsun said:

@hunkulese: What is the reason then?

Sadly, the crew seems to have a bit of disdain for the Vita and its catalog. To be fair, many of the games that are still releasing for the platform are not the types of games that are usually covered: visual novels, JRPGs, etc. Considering that they don't do many QLs for games that they aren't actively playing (or at least can play enough of to show something besides tutorials and opening cutscenes), this probably won't change any time soon.

It still reinforces my constant belief that a person on staff to cover Japanese games would be fantastic. Austin seems to go in for some of that stuff, but I don't know if he would feel like dedicating that amount of time on a regular basis. Sadly, it's hard to find good video coverage of some of these titles, something I think Giant Bomb does well for other types of games (predominantly indie titles I've never heard of) and could do well here too.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Devil240Z

It seems like a must. And if its PSTV compatible then there is no excuse not to, plus Vinny and Jeff don't even have to be in the same office cause they have done bi-coastal QLs before.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick Look's listed in the "Coming Up" section. Could Brad have been on that week-long absence tracking down a new robot body for Vinny?

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well ill be damned

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zeik

If I had to make a wild guess I'm going to assume it's a GBeast quick look. There seems to be a lot more interest coming from those guys than anyone on the westcoast.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Almost guarantee the Quick Look is Vinny and Alex. Maybe a dash of Austin.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By falling_fast

I thought the um, thing where they announce what time a quick look drops is supposed to change depending on what time zone yr in. it says 9 am but it's 9:46 est atm.

no big deal, just weird

edit: oh wait haha, im an idiot, i had my vpn on

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Puchiko

OMG they are actually quick looking this game after Jeff recently said on the Bombcast they have no desire to cover any Vita games. Watched the Kinda Funny gameplay of this and it looks interesting. Will wait for a PSN flash sale though. Also disappointed to find out they changed voice actors again....

I dunno how other sites are capturing Vita so easily yet GB can't seem to figure it out...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.