Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Anyone notice that on foggy days....*major major spoilers*

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nightriff

Referring to the final day of rescuing someone.

That it shows the silhouette of the murder, who we know to be Adachi sooner or later, that he is out there waiting for the body of "x" to show up. But if you rescue people from the TV shouldn't he know that they won't show up? For instance I rescued Kanji the first day available on May 19th, basically 2 weeks before the final day, he obviously knows he was rescued yet that scene still takes place. I also believe its the same for Yukiko too.

Maybe I'm missing something again like many times before but I just watched the ER last month and now playing through P4G, the majority of the game is fresh in my mind as I play through it.

Unless the silhouette is someone else, only person I can think it is is Mitsuo which is a possibility but I personally doubt it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Misdirection

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By neurotic

I always assumed that that was the game throwing you a red herring. Adachi's motivation doesn't really lend itself to him standing outside waiting for bodies to show up.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By sungahymn

If it's not Adachi, wouldn't it be Izanami?

panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By panvixyl

@sungahymn said:

...I am astonished that I never thought of this. Makes a lot more sense then some of my more dumbass theories, at any rate.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By neurotic

@sungahymn said:

Yeah, but Izanami's motivation wasn't to see people killed either. Also, a minor point, but the language used by the silhouette is a little rough for Izanami I feel.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Turambar

@Nightriff: It's a predetermined cutscene that does not take into consideration when you rescued the person. If it was the final possible date, then that scene would happen right after you exit the dungeon.

It is also possible the murderer is not out there waiting for the body (he doesn't exactly control where they will fall out of the sky from), but just there to enjoy the fog.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Petiew
    @Turambar: The scene always happens at midnight though. After all of the other cutscenes have played out, even if you saved them on the last possible date you'd still have a cutscene where its mentioned they've been found before the guy in the fog appears. Unless they changed it in Golden.

It's just something they put in there without really thinking about it. There are possible theories as to why the person is there, but I think Atlus either just put it as a way of creating tension or because they didn't think it through fully.
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Karkarov

You are assuming it is one person which is a mistake to begin with. There were alot of people involved in this from very early on. It could be the murderer, it could also be one of the suspects, heck at certain points it could even be one of the victims. Don't over analyze it.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By nightriff

@Karkarov: I over analyze too much I know, I can't help it sometimes

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By mutha3

It doesn't really make sense for that figure in the fog to be Namatame, Adachi or Izanami. 

The figure progressively becomes more angry as people are rescued from the TV world....which Namatame should be happy about, Izanami has no stake in anyone dieing either way, and Adachi thought the cat-and-mouse game between Namatame and the IT team was fun enough to watch that he threw in Mitsuo to keep it going.

Really, Its just a plothole. Just imagine that its a random dude who curses about some inconvenience when one of those scenes pops up.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mutha3

Hell, in fact, the one time Adachi should have been pissed off when someone survived(Mitsuo), we didn't get a scene with that figure in the fog.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

It's funky student thinkin up them riddles yo!

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Winternet

@Nightriff: Well, it's safe to assume that Adachi doesn't know all that well how the TV works, so he doesn't check it regularly to see how the vic is doing. Also, and I may be completely wrong, when Charlie confronts him later on, doesn't Adachi admit to not have knowledge of the Midnight Channel or something? I can't remember, but I think it's something along those lines.

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DizzyMedal

I always thought it was Namatame, checking that his method was working an that they weren't in fact showing up.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mutha3
    @DizzyMedal said:

I always thought it was Namatame, checking that his method was working an that they weren't in fact showing up.

Namatame wouldn't curse because no one showed up, though.  He would be pleased.
    sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sungahymn
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@mutha3 said:

Adachi thought the cat-and-mouse game between Namatame and the IT team was fun enough to watch that he threw in Mitsuo to keep it going.
    OR THE REAL REAL REAL REAL KILLER!

I don't think this is correct. Adachi wanted people to die, which is why he sent the warning letters to the protagonist in the first place. Plus, the veiled silhouette in the fog looks like Adachi if you look closely.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Oh yeah.

... Fuck.

Now that's going to bother me. Like Ethan's blackouts in Heavy Rain.

It is odd that they showed that, considering they rarely pull the camera away from anyone who isn't in the Investigation Team.

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DizzyMedal

@mutha3: Oh, hm, I don't remember any cursing. It has been awhile though, so my memory is probably faulty. Which one is the cursing in?

(And thanks for ruining my spoiler block :P)

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By mosespippy

@Brodehouse: Ethan's blackouts can be explained if you ask the psychiatrist the right questions. His answer is basically, "You were in a coma for 6 months. You're brain is fucked up and shits gonna happen that we can't predict."

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ said:

@mutha3 said:

Adachi thought the cat-and-mouse game between Namatame and the IT team was fun enough to watch that he threw in Mitsuo to keep it going.

I don't think this is correct. Adachi wanted people to die, which is why he sent the warning letters to the protagonist in the first place.

That's not what the game says, though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWmWsE07zUQ (17:10)

The figure appears after almost every murder and says things to the effect of "Dammit!" and "why does this keep happening?!". Adachi's supposed to know why its happening and according to his dialogue he loves it.

As for that letter: Its never explained why he sent that. I interpreted that as Adachi deciding to shake things up, since he doesn't really have any motivation for doing what he does beyond "im cray-z!!!!!!--"... I don't really see how those letters would lead to someone dying anyway.

@mosespippy said:

@Brodehouse: Ethan's blackouts can be explained if you ask the psychiatrist the right questions. His answer is basically, "You were in a coma for 6 months. You're brain is fucked up and shits gonna happen that we can't predict."

That doesn't explain why Ethan shows up in the exact same place everytime with an origami in his hand. In fact, it doesn't explain shit. Maybe if Ethan's Blackouts involved him falling unconscious, then that explanation would make sense.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@mutha3: Doesn't he explain his reasoning for sending the threats in the scene where the Jester Social Link transforms into the Hunger Social Link? I'd have to go back, but I'm almost certain Adachi actually wanted to see people suffer, which is why he was actually annoyed when they were being saved, despite still enjoying his little game of "cat and mouse".

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ said:

@mutha3: Doesn't he explain his reasoning for sending the threats in the scene where the Jester Social Link transforms into the Hunger Social Link? I'd have to go back, but I'm almost certain Adachi actually wanted to see people suffer, which is why he was actually annoyed when they were being saved, despite still enjoying his little game of "cat and mouse".

Ah, so they tried to address it in the Golden.

I haven't seen that scene, so I can't really comment on how they tried to fill that plot hole. In vanilla P4 though, that explanation doesn't fly.
    AkeYos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah ah I bring this subject back to the taste of the day, already I apologize for my English because I am French.

I wanted to talk about the man in the fog, I have thought about it a lot and I can do you by my research until I check the words of this man in English and especially his sentence after saving Naoto

In English it says "Dammit... Again?!" in Japanese it is not so, I do not have the exact translation but the character presents his doubts, "How many more times will I have to do it, I wonder what I will do if it does not work anymore?"

It does not remind us of Adachi who has nothing to do with the murders, this reaction is clearly reminiscent of Namatame who tells us later that he began to have doubts about the world of television

If you are still interested in discussing this topic with me you can send me a message on Instagram, obviously it is not an advertisement here is my account "inazuma_11_leo" I have the photo evidence that I can not post here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.