Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Brad on Persona 4: Golden "We're going to revisit that"

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 29

#1  Edited By fistfulofmetal

Or something a long those lines.

Speculation time: What did Brad mean when he said they were going to "revisit" Persona 4 Golden?

Review?

Quicklook?

Article?

Endurance Run?

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By recroulette
    @Fistfulofmetal: Ryan for sure and probably Brad (just got a Vita) are both playing/going to play through Persona 4 Golden. 

Edit: Didn't answer your question, but probably just Bombcast talk, maybe a review. Sony won't release capture tools for the Vita, so virtually zero chance of video content.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It means they will play the game. Talking about it on the Bombcast at some point.

No Endurance Run. No Quick Look.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cincaid

@RecSpec said:

Sony won't release capture tools for the Vita, so virtually zero chance of video content.

Somewhat off-topic, but is it just me that think that's insane marketing by Sony? I mean, do they not want video game websites (and similar) putting up clear footage of their console? Or am I missing something?

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fistfulofmetal

@RecSpec said:

@Fistfulofmetal: Edit: Didn't answer your question, but probably just Bombcast talk, maybe a review. Sony won't release capture tools for the Vita, so virtually zero chance of video content.

ah fuck.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By theguy

Also we don't need another endurance run of the same game. I know they did it with Deadly Premonition but I bet they won't be doing that again. Probably a review or QL is the most they'll do.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By recroulette
    @Cincaid said:

@RecSpec said:

Sony won't release capture tools for the Vita, so virtually zero chance of video content.

Somewhat off-topic, but is it just me that think that's insane marketing by Sony? I mean, do they not want video game websites (and similar) putting up clear footage of their console? Or am I missing something?

I don't think Nintendo does either, they were just able to find the tools for the 3DS somewhere else. 
    amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By amlabella

I took it to mean the game's a strong candidate for 2013's 2012 Game of the Year since a lot of them will probably be playing it next year.

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fistfulofmetal

@theguy said:

Also we don't need another endurance run of the same game. I know they did it with Deadly Premonition but I bet they won't be doing that again. Probably a review or QL is the most they'll do.

but how goddamned crazy and dumb would that be? it's perfect

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

2013's 2012 Game of the Year.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Zeik

@theguy: I don't expect a review since I don't expect either of them will finish it for a long long time. Giantbomb may not always be the most timely with their reviews, but after a few months I think it's safe to say it won't happen.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel

@RecSpec said:

@Cincaid said:

@RecSpec said:

I don't think Nintendo does either, they were just able to find the tools for the 3DS somewhere else.

Actually, Nintendo does. They provided press outlets with video capture units for DS games and did the same for 3DS games.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShadyPingu

I imagine Brad was predicting 2013's 2012 GOTY.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Jayzilla

@Fistfulofmetal said:

@theguy said:

but how goddamned crazy and dumb would that be? it's perfect

No, it's not perfect. It's like getting long form quick looks of the same game on different platforms. Doesn't make sense when you can just go back and watch the old video as many times as you want. I don't want rehashed content.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By beforet

No Endurance Run because A)no capture equipment(which is KA-RAZY on Sony's part!) and B)they could barely manage Chrono Trigger. Even if this would be twenty five percent shorter (or more, someone should figure out how much time was spent fusing) it would still take too many man hours to maintain.

I'm imagining bombcast talks, which I honestly can not wait for!

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By recroulette
    @Hailinel said:

@RecSpec said:

@Cincaid said:

@RecSpec said:

Actually, Nintendo does. They provided press outlets with video capture units for DS games and did the same for 3DS games.

Ah, alright. I know there are 3rd party solutions for 3DS video capture out there, and they just use a camera for the small screen for WiiU stuff. So I wasn't exactly sure.
    wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#18  Edited By wumbo3000

Like others said, I'm almost positive he means 2013's 2012 GOTY.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rolanthas

OK I should really just hurry up and buy this game before this comes to be. Haven't read / heard a single negative thing about the game, both the original and the Vita version.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Hailinel

@RecSpec said:

@Hailinel said:

@RecSpec said:

@Cincaid said:

@RecSpec said:

Ah, alright. I know there are 3rd party solutions for 3DS video capture out there, and they just use a camera for the small screen for WiiU stuff. So I wasn't exactly sure.

The capture units for the 3DS weren't readily available at the handheld's launch, either. I'm not sure if they'll provide units for the Wii U controller, but they'll come eventually if they do.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I think he's talking about next year, for 2013's 2012 GotY.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zeik

@Jayzilla: Not really the same thing, as the best thing about Endurance Run's is seeing the guys reactions to what's going on. It's why I enjoyed the P4 ER so much despite knowing every last thing that would happen in that game already.

Not that I'm saying they should do an ER, just saying it's different.

Avatar image for deactivated-62001d97f34e0
    deactivated-62001d97f34e0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they don't do another endurance run, VInny and Jeff's original run was fucking perfect and classic, wouldn't mind a quick look with the orignal two guys who gave birth to the legend of Charlie though.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By jay_ray

I will guess an award during the 2013 discussion will be named The Actual 2012 GOTY and will debate whether XCOM or P4 Golden is better and P4 Golden will win.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.