Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Character level/Persona Level Recommendations (by date)?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Sterling

First off, this is my first time playing the game, and I am loving it. I am at 5/14 I think.

And I have a question to the leveling. As it seems the opportunities to go into the TV world have not progressed that far yet. As in, I don't have much to do in there yet. And grinding at this point is pretty boring. So, is there a list anywhere that has recommended levels you should be by certain dates in the game? There is a lot of stuff to do after school, and not a lot time to get everything done, or so it seems to me at this point. So I spend all my time doing the SL stuff and not going into the TV world. And when I do go into the TV world I just have the two short areas right now, with low level enemies. I am at level 25 right now, I grinded a little.

I remember from P3P that by certain dates it was a good idea to be certain levels so you could create certain personas, and I am sure that is also the case in this one. I tried looking on google, but that only seems to bring up stuff related to the dating sim.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mwng

Are you playing on Normal?

If so, you likely don't need to go in more than once for the initial rescue, and maybe once more for the optional boss. (Assuming you pretty much clear each floor rather than dashing to the top. First optional boss may also make you feel like you're under leveled, but he's just a pain).

It's not as grindy as P3.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sterling

Yeah I am playing on normal. And the optional boss is why I asked. I had been clearing each floor both times I went in, taking my time. And when I got to him I felt under leveled. Took me three tries to take him out. Was the hardest battle so far.

So that is good to know. I thought I needed to be dedicating more time to grinding. Thanks for the info.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@oulzac: So, it's hard to make an actual recommendation list for lvl/dates because most would recommend doing each dungeon the day it is available, but for many this isn't a fun thing to do.

The rules of thumb are (for Normal difficulty):

• Do the dungeons on the day they become available (this frees up time and options for S-Linking).
    • If you can, do the dungeon AND the previous dungeon's optional boss on that same day.
    • S-Links are more important than levels for the vast majority of the game. (As this allows you to fuse personas which get S-Link XP'd up to well beyond your level)
    • For a recommended level, to make the boss easy you should be the previous dungeon's character +10 levels (eg. Kanji comes in at lvl 25, so be lvl35 for the next boss)
    • Never bother grinding except for the final 2 levels of the boss you are about to fight. (aside from optional bosses, it's never worth it to grind previous dungeons with only 3 exceptions)
    • Spend all of your optional days (eg. rainy days) in Aiya, S-Linking or otherwise raising your social stats (unless you need to save the person of course).

Those exceptions are (ie: the only reason to ever grind or do previous dungeons after beating the optional boss)

• Looking for The Reaper
    • Looking for Shuffle-Times for Arcana Cards
    • Megatsu Inaba to train for the Final Dungeon / Margaret fight. (this area gives the most experience in the game)

There is only 1 fusion forecast that is so good you may not want to miss it (and it'll probably break the game for you honestly), and that is getting Victory Cry on Kaiwan (lvl24 Star) on "Skill Change" days in late May or June.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mwng

No worries, he took me a couple of attempts too, probably the only boss that did.

After maxing the slinks of your active party members the rest of the game is pretty easy on normal.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sterling

Cool, thanks for the info/tips guys!

Adaurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Adaurin

@selfconfessedcynic said:

Those exceptions are (ie: the only reason to ever grind or do previous dungeons after beating the optional boss)

• Looking for The Reaper
    • Looking for Shuffle-Times for Arcana Cards
    • Megatsu Inaba to train for the Final Dungeon / Margaret fight. (this area gives the most experience in the game)

I might add that if you're pre-Megatsu Inaba, the last two floors of the Secret Base tend to have large number of Gold Hands and if you have Naoto or a Persona with Almighty spells you can easily rake in 30,000 experience and 48,000 yen pre-shuffle time.

I was running some of my underleveled characters around there while trying to get yen for Margaret requests and I think Chie ended up getting 5-6 levels at once.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By kerse

You barely need to clear each floor now actually, if you fight a decent amount of gold hands and clear each floor you will be way overleveled and the bosses aren't much fun anymore.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sterling

@kerse: Yeah I noticed this last night. I spent about three hours going back and getting the alt boss for *I can't even remember his name*, and then did the dungeon for Rise. I fought about 20 gold hands. I went from level 34 to level 59. I feel over leveled. I am crushing everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.