Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Defeating Shadow Kanji?

Mike_Tha_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mike_Tha_Hero

I did a pretty terrible job preparing for the Kanji battle so I went back a week, mostly because I had no other choice. What level should my party be? What Persona(s) should I have acquired? What items should I stock up on? What social links should I be leveling up/ignoring?

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By rentfn

I'm half way through his dungeon so I would love to hear what people have to say!!!

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MezZa

Not sure what all they changed for his fight, but if its anything like the original you'll want to be around 22-25 or more. Last time I fought him on the ps2 I used a decently leveled Rakshasa that had some good physical attacks and I had another persona for back-up healing that I don't remember. Just make sure you know nice guy's and the other one's (tough guy?) weakness so you can take them down fast. When they're gone the fight is much easier. It used to be ice and fire, so if that's the same Yukiko and Chie can cover that for you. No need for the main character to switch out of the heavy hitting Rakshasha. Take Nice Guy out first. Without Nice Guy's buffs Tough Guy can't do shit for damage, and Nice Guy heals so there's another reason to down him first. Assuming they didn't change that of course.

Edit: Rakshasa is strength btw, so if you do go with him make sure your strength social link is decent.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

yeah rakshasa is definitely THE persona that is the most useful at that level/boss

Hrothdane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hrothdane

Ares/Rakshasa are great to have. Stick some healing spells on one of them so that Yukiko can focus on her fire magic.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By nightriff

Get rid of Nice Guy and the rest of the battle is easy. Use exclusively Ice (or Fire, don't remember) on Nice Guy to get rid of him and the other 2 (as long as you are a high enough level) are simple. Level 24ish and you should be fine.

Mike_Tha_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mike_Tha_Hero

How would I go about acquiring Rakshasa? I know the recipe but I only have 4% of the Personas. What can I do?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.