Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

How do i get Rare Stones?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

I've collected a ton of Gems for Shiroku Pub lady but i need stones for the higher lvl items(i think i got one from a quest which i then traded in for a sweet Flying Disc for my Yukiko).  How can i get more stones to trade for more uber weapons? 

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OmegaChosen

The woman at the shrine at night trades fish for stones. She'll want one of each of the lower class fish (Goldfish, Ayu something, and another one I can't recall) and after you've given her those you'll be able to trade fish for stones. She'll want a certain fish for each type of stone though.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Jedted

@OmegaChosen: Ah, i get it now! I remember giving her one of the fish i bought from Tanaka and that's when she gave me the bug net as well.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

I was going to make a joke about kidney stones but it turned out that I just ended up researching kidney stones for like 30 minutes.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MysteriousFawx

@Ravenlight: That comment made me remember when Joey had kidney stones in Friends....so I spent 30 minutes going through the box set to find that episode...

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By unequivocable

There are Rare Stones that can be traded for high level items in Persona 4:Golden?! I've been trying to convince myself to not buy a Vita just to replay Persona 4 in the Golden edition and now I hear crazy stuff like this and my will is weakening. Sounds like there is a bunch of new stuff!

Fish for stones.... Must. Resist. Purchasing. Vita!

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Are there any items actually worth getting?

I know if you want to get all of the costumes you need Mondo stones, and you get +50% XP items from trading in stones, but anything else? I haven't seen anything on the list which rivals the endgame weapons.

Molenator85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Molenator85

@selfconfessedcynic: I think there's a point where the 2nd tier weapons on that list are stronger than anything else you could possibly have, and it is feasible that you could have the stones to trade for those items at that time. However, as far as I can tell, that's the only time that is true, especially late game, as you mentioned.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Molenator85: I thought as much

Oh - and for those who want all the costumes, to get Mondo stones you need to catch River Guardians, so you need to have accepted the emma request for Hermit s.rank 9.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.