Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Keep going? (PS2) or wait? (Vita)

_Dust_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By _Dust_

I'm about 25 or so hours in on the PS2 version, and I'm wondering if I should just continue or wait to fully experience it with all the bells and whistles on the Vita.

What do you guys think?

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By irrelevantjohn

From what I have heard, the game will have a lot of differences so maybe you should finish it just for comparisons sake

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By landon

If you are already own a vita and planning on buying Golden, then I say just wait for that one. Otherwise I would just look that new stuff up on youtube.

pepperzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pepperzz

Maaaaan, I'm buying a Vita just for Golden. Such a great game.

I suggest probably just beating it, and if you want the extra content (and have, or will buy a Vita for it) get it when it comes out.

_Dust_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _Dust_

I'm currently in DEEP, watching the endurance run as I play along and eagerly anticipating P4A.

Just hope I don't burn myself out before the definitive version releases :P

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By nightriff

@_Dust_: I'm jealous, if I had a Vita I was going to wait for the Golden edition but alas I don't so I picked up the PS2 version last week. Personally I would wait and just enjoy the ER.

_Dust_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Dust_

Yeah I'm thinking about just watching the ER up to where I am in the ps2 version and then just holding out until the vita version >_____<

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By nightriff

@_Dust_: I took the opposite route. I'm considering the ER my first playthrough and I'm keeping my PS2 playthrough behind, I'm like 50 hours behind so I would have to play a lot to catch up though

_Dust_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By _Dust_

Yeah I had a dilemma of which thing would be the best to experience the game first, the ER or my own playthrough? I thought It would be best to experience the story first hand and not have it spoiled.

But now a new contender has appeared with the Vita!! >________<

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By myniceicelife

when the ER first started i had played a little bit of it, but stopped about 5 hours in. The ER got me back into it and i played through it in a about a week-2 week long session so that nothing too serious was spoiled. It all depends on if you honestly think you'd get burned out of the story by watching and playing through it before Golden comes out. Personally i'm on my 4th time through the ER at the moment and have started playing an hour or so of my new game + from the game i completed (also playing P4 Arena now as well). with all the stuff that is in the new one i'm not concerned about being burnt out before it, but that may be different for you.

_Dust_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Dust_

Yeah I dont think I will have any troubles playing through again! Theres a few things I have missed or could of done better already.

This game is so awesome! probably going to end up being one of my all time favourties :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.