Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Playing Along With Endurance Run

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By johncallahan

Hey guys. I don't know about you guys, but not only is Persona 4 one of my "List of Shame" RPG's, but the P4 Endurance Run is one of my "List of Shame" Giant Bomb series. So I'm planning on playing through Persona 4: Golden with Jeff and Vinny.

Just curious if anyone will be doing something similar. I hear that the P4 Endurance Run is one of the best things on GB so I'd assume some people would look for an opportunity to rewatch it.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

I have watched the endurance run 5 or 6 times, and I'm currently watching it again, but I'll start over when Golden arrives.

It really enhances my enjoyment of the game. It is well written and funny on its own, but hearing Jeff and Vinny getting confused by the game is extra fun.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LikeaSsur

"Hey, Ryan, we're going to go summon Satan."

"Have fun, kids."

You will not be disappointed by the Endurance Run. Only good things will happen.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nightriff

Love the ER. Love the game. I would keep them separate personally because they are kinda bad at it, but in a good way. It's a great guide on basically what not to do

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By punisherkaos

my first time experiencing p4 was by doing this. Best experience in gaming i have ever had lol

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By SMTDante89

I am, never watched the ER, and never got to finish P4 because it came out when I was starting college and just never got to finish it. So now that Golden has come out, I'm doing both though the ER will be put on hold at the end of the week until I come back from college for Christmas/New Year's.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Tylea002

Play the game, then watch the ER. That's how I'd do it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

Golden has events not in the original version. Play it, beat it, then watch it.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

I could not imagine doing both at the same time. I'm enjoying the game, my first time playing it despite buying the PS2 copy after watching the ER, but I could not imagine doing both. It would get to be a bit much. Plus being constantly reminded of the new not so great voice actor for Chie would make me cry. At least I think it's new. Something about her voice in this game is driving me nuts.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BradBrains

Theres a lot in the endurance run that is much funnier when you know whats going on in the game already. Play the game first

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@AlisterCat said:

I have watched the endurance run 5 or 6 times, and I'm currently watching it again, but I'll start over when Golden arrives.

It really enhances my enjoyment of the game. It is well written and funny on its own, but hearing Jeff and Vinny getting confused by the game is extra fun.

Thats fucking crazy I couldn't make it through one once they started getting into the dungeons.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By alistercat

@Bourbon_Warrior: I watch them on my iPad in bed or on my second monitor while playing a game so I'm not paying close attention, and I tend to completely ignore stretches where they are fighting. It's worth it even if you skip those bits.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@AlisterCat: I will if they actually fix the auto button, hard to get into it when you have to go back and did through the ER page after every episode.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By alistercat

@Bourbon_Warrior: I know what you mean, I complained about that years ago. Viewing serialized content will be easier on the updated site but they haven't said how. On my iPad I use chrome and open the specific numbered endurance run page in a tab, then just go in to each video and back out. Works fine for now.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@AlisterCat: I wonder how big all the files are, someone would of downloaded it right. I need answers people!

delsaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By delsaber

Damn, I wish I thought of this. I guess I'll put on the ER when I get around to a New Game+ with Golden. It would be a great way to highlight the new changes.

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Mamba219

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@AlisterCat: I wonder how big all the files are, someone would of downloaded it right. I need answers people!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL70E50797A4FAD051&feature=mh_lolz

Endurance Run playlist I've made, just because of the problem you were talking about. I also have all the episodes of the ER downloaded on Blu Ray.

Clearly I'm a big fan of it.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Catarrhal

I tried this same thing back in the day. And I seriously doubt you'll be able to finish both the game and the endurance run simultaneously. Unless you're superhuman, it's one or the other.

Personally, I spent over 120 hours with the PS2 version and still didn't manage to see everything the game had to offer. So after about 65 episodes of the endurance run, I just couldn't take it anymore--the same boring-ass battles, the entire episodes consisting of nothing but fusing personae, etc. etc. etc.

It ain't their fault, though. While the game's story and characters are some of the most brilliant the genre has ever had to offer, having to play through each long (extremely long), monotonous dungeon twice is anything but brilliant.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By kerse

@Bourbon_Warrior: I actually just type in 4 01, 4 02, 4 03, etc for the P4 ER in the video search bar, trying to look through the list would be crazy. For the Deadly Premonition ones you can do VJ 01, BR 01. I'm not sure about the Chrono Trigger ones, I haven't felt the need to rewatch that ER yet.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By LiquidPrince

I did this back when Persona 4 came out. It was one of the most fun things every, I would play a couple of hours ahead of the ER and then catch up and watch what they did. Persona 4 Golden may not work out as well since it has new scenes and content but I'm doing it all over again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.