Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Website glitch or inevitable console announcement?

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

When the American website for P4G went up 360/Kinect and PS3/PSN were at the bottom of the page next to the Vita and ESRB logos. Do you think this was just a glitch on their part, which is what they've claimed, or do you think the game will eventually show up on 360 and PS3?

No Caption Provided
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

Maybe it was just a piece of copy taken from somewhere else for another game and they forgot to edit it down.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmasheControllers

@AlisterCat: Probably, but I desperately want this game on the consoles

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By valiantgrizzly

This would mean I wouldn't have to buy a Vita, which is only good news.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB

I can hope, because it would be nice for the game to come to a console I own so I can actually play it, but I think it will at least be Vita exclusive for a long while.

The Vita needs something, right?

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Pepsiman

I wasn't aware this was still a thing. Atlus went on record saying it was just a botched copy-paste job and, indeed, if you check the site, the text in question has been removed. It happens with their sites on occasion. Nothing else to see here.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By scarace360

@Pepsiman said:

I wasn't aware this was still a thing. Atlus went on record saying it was just a botched copy-paste job and, indeed, if you check the site, the text in question has been removed. It happens with their sites on occasion. Nothing else to see here.

Awww was hoping for a console version. Whatever just means i have a real reason to play my vita now.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmasheControllers

@Pepsiman said:

Why you gotta ruin the fun? Yeah I knew the said they mess up the copy and paste, but what if they didn't and they were hinting at a console release?

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By punisherkaos

@SmasheControllers: As much as i would love for them to do this i sincerely doubt that is the case

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Pepsiman

@SmasheControllers: Just stating the facts. We'd have known by now through Atlus Japan if they were actually going to do a console port. Atlus USA, being the subsidiary, doesn't preemptively announce any details related to its own franchise to English-speaking audiences before the parent company is ready.

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By juice8367

I remember there being a story @ joystick or kutaku about it being a copy & paste issue. It's supposed to just be a vita exclusive

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By toowalrus

It being a botched copy & paste job sounds legitimate, it could've come from Catherine or P4 Arena or something.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By MikkaQ

Too bad, I don't really feel like getting a Vita. But I guess I'll have to, really wanna see what kind of treatment it got after the superb Persona 3 Portable port.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Commisar123

@Pepsiman said:

Yeah I was going to say I thought that this got debunked a long time ago. Glad to know finals haven't driven me totally insane.......yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.