Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena Wishlist!

• 69 results
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

The game has been announced. And it's never too early to begin unreasonable speculation and compile ludicrous desires for things the game should include. So therefore, here's things I want to see in this game:

1. Alternate costumes: I want Bancho-chan Souji in this game.
    2. Mitsuru as a playable character with Execution finisher.
    3. Galactic Punt. 'nuff said.
    4. Rise as the game's system voice.
    5. Kanji must say "Get bent!" as a win quote.
    6. Speaking of Kanji, his specials should have a dedicated Manliness Meter.
    7. Takaya the Pale Japanese Jesus as a sub-boss.
    8. Tanaka as proprietor of an unlockables shop.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. What do you all want, no matter how unreasonable the demand?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Where's Jack Frost, ho?!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Turambar

Here are some scans.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

So from the looks of it, 10 characters total, going to be kids v kids with their personas as special attacks. ArcSystems definitely had a bit of work on the character designs, giving them a lot more, er, sharper edges. Also it will apparently have a BlazBlue style story mode meaning fight, dialogue, fight, dialogue, some potential decision making that might let you skip a fight and/or give you a bad or gag reel ending.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Playable Namatame.  Even if it's only two months later, and he'll probably still be in jail for all the kidnapping, I want him in there somehow.

Playable Dojima and Nanako would be hilariously nonsensical.

All of the S. Links from the games as assist characters.  Call in Kou and Daisuke for a tackle/barrage of balls, and call in Devil Nurse to... distract... the competition while you wail on them.

Edit: Also, playable Velvet Room characters.  Elizabeth, Margaret and Theodore, and Igor needs to be a secret boss.  And from the looks of those scans, Chie has God's Hand!  Fantastic!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Animasta

@Turambar: that could only be so far, they might add in more characters (this isn't supposed to be out for a while is it?)

I want adachi, either as a playable character or a boss or both or whatever. and Naoto. and Akihiko.

AND MAYBE IGOR

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By JJOR64

Yo anime fighters!

This is such a bizarre announcement. I hope the fighting game community picks this up.

Kraank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Kraank

I want Akihiko. He's captain of the boxing team, so that fights into a fighting game lol.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    1. Minato needs to be a character.
    2. I want there to be a single player story campaign ala BlazBlue that doesn't suck. Maybe even with some RPG elements.
    3. I want at least 20 different playable characters.
    4. Of course, I want the fighting system to be good and appropriately complex.
    5. I want a good online component.
    6. I want Fuuka, Teddie and Rise commenting on matches at once, maybe even talking with each other. So not just one commentator.
    7. I want at least 12 different stages.
    8. I want some good music.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Turambar said: 

So from the looks of it, 10 characters total, going to be kids v kids with their personas as special attacks. 

Whoa, there. The game isn't coming out until next year. There's no way you can just assume there'll be 10 characters from scans at this point.   

Also it will apparently have a BlazBlue style story mode meaning fight, dialogue, fight, dialogue, some potential decision making that might let you skip a fight and/or give you a bad or gag reel ending.

Where did you get that info?
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#10  Edited By StarvingGamer

CHIDORI!!!

No Caption Provided

I think her hatchet-on-a-chain weapon would help her stand out especially since I love Axl Low from GG. And her persona wants to kill her so that's a plus.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By endaround
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hailinel

@StarvingGamer said:

CHIDORI!!!

No Caption Provided

I think her hatchet-on-a-chain weapon would help her stand out especially since I love Axl Low from GG. And her persona wants to kill her so that's a plus.

She's practically an Arc System Works character already.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @endaround: Thanks a lot! 

Oh, and two more wishes: 

• Combined with my hope that the music is good, I hope my two favorite game composers, Meguro and Ishiwatari working together, make it super good.
    • I hope Kanji (and Yosuke and Souji) have their cross-dressing clothes as costume alts.
    papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By papercut

I want to be able to name the MCs what ever I want in my game. Let's be honest, who here isn't going to call him Charlie?

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FateOfNever

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Turambar said:

So from the looks of it, 10 characters total, going to be kids v kids with their personas as special attacks.

Whoa, there. The game isn't coming out until next year. There's no way you can just assume there'll be 10 characters from scans at this point.

The console version may have more than 10, but, remember that the arcade version is Spring 2012, which is maybe early or late spring, the screen shots show only 10 slots, Arc Systems games don't tend to overload on characters the way Capcom fighting games do (the original BlazBlue only had 12 characters), so, hoping for 20+ characters is probably pretty unreasonable. So I don't think it's crazy at all for him to assume that there will be 10 characters when the screen shots at this time point to such and a lot of development time has to be dedicated to nothing but balance changing and testing. I'm not saying by console release we won't see maybe a bit more, but, I'd check your expectations at maybe being lucky to see even 15 characters by the time it hits consoles, and be completely prepared to see only 10 or 12.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel

@FateOfNever said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Turambar said:

The console version may have more than 10, but, remember that the arcade version is Spring 2012, which is maybe early or late spring, the screen shots show only 10 slots, Arc Systems games don't tend to overload on characters the way Capcom fighting games do (the original BlazBlue only had 12 characters), so, hoping for 20+ characters is probably pretty unreasonable. So I don't think it's crazy at all for him to assume that there will be 10 characters when the screen shots at this time point to such and a lot of development time has to be dedicated to nothing but balance changing and testing. I'm not saying by console release we won't see maybe a bit more, but, I'd check your expectations at maybe being lucky to see even 15 characters by the time it hits consoles, and be completely prepared to see only 10 or 12.

Don't forget the possibility of DLC characters, as was the case for Continuum Shift.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Cathryn

As long as Shinji and Tanaka are in the game, I'll be happy <3

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FateOfNever

@Hailinel said:

@FateOfNever said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Turambar said:

Don't forget the possibility of DLC characters, as was the case for Continuum Shift.

True. Though, it is hard to say if they would just continue support with DLC characters on the first one, or do a second version of the game first before doing that. Either way, though, yeah, we could still start with a console version only having maybe around 12 characters, and still end up getting another 4 or so through DLC. So I could see maybe by the end of any/all DLC maybe having NEAR 20, but I still can't picture Arc System and Atlus wedging in over 20 characters into the game, let alone for the release. Not that I would complain though if they did, least so long as all of the characters were balanced as worth it, the Persona universe certainly has the characters to support it after all.

Edit: you know, thinking about DLC characters, I'd be curious if they would limit DLC characters the way they're bound to limit the starting roster. Rather, what I mean by that is - this is rather story driven, taking place 2 months after P4, which takes place however long after P3 (I forget and am too lazy/tired to look it up right now), and as such some characters would probably be off limits just because they wouldn't make sense, but, I'd be curious if for DLC characters they would care less about keeping it with the timeline/story and just add ones that would be fun to see. I imagine not, but, I'd kind of like to see that myself. Kind of how in Guilty Gear XX games they started adding secret characters that would make no sense as being playable from a story perspective (such as adding dead characters, or earlier versions of characters such as Order Sol).

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

If they do a Blazblue esque storymode I hope it's written by atlus. The writing in that mode for Blazblue was awful. Persona deserves better.  

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SuperWristBands

Based on those scans I am going to assume Aigis is in the game and that's all I want.

This game announcement has made me so excited.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan
    @Sasran
    Me too. I'm more exicted for this then I have been for a game in a long while. Feels wierd.
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SuperWristBands

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Sasran: Me too. I'm more exicted for this then I have been for a game in a long while. Feels wierd.

Yes! That's the exact feeling I have. Probably has to do with Persona 3 being my #1 RPG and if asked, would be among the first titles that pops into my head of what my favourite game is. Then there is the whole Arc System Works making it so it'll probably be amazing. It all leaves me feeling good.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan
    @Sasran: I feel that way about Persona 4. I love the idea of being able to revisit those characters without the iffy proposition on a direct sequel. It's a odd idea but feels right.
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I want to main Adachi.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hailinel

@LordXavierBritish said:

I want to main Adachi.

BITCHES AND WHORYUKEN!

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Bocam

I want Tatsuya and Maya to be in the game

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @Bocam said:

I doubt they will throw Persona 2 characters in, at least not initially. They would make great DLC though.
    Capella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Capella

Too bad it's only Persona 3 and 4, but still. Persona 4 is one of my favorite things. Blazblue is also one of my favorite things. Please, nobody wake me up, I want to dream this forever.

My wish is: a musical collaboration between Shoji Meguro and Daisuke Ishiwatari in there. Somehow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wasteguru said:

@Bocam said:

I doubt they will throw Persona 2 characters in, at least not initially. They would make great DLC though.

So no Hitler?

Also how about a Mara X-ray move?

LetsRockBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LetsRockBaby

I want a well-written story mode and playable Adachi. Think it'd also be neat if there was some sort of Ishiwatari-ized version of Mass Destruction. Nothing would get me more in the mood to kick some ass than "BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY" coming out of my TV.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By scarace360

I want mister morooka in the game. And his super is the panty check.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By Zippedbinders
    @papercut said:

I want to be able to name the MCs what ever I want in my game. Let's be honest, who here isn't going to call him Charlie?

Probably anyone that didn't watch the Endurance Run, like me for instance.
    TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TehFlan

Funky Student/ Mysterious Fox combo as a playable character.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By penguindust

Two words:  Maid costumes!

No Caption Provided
    Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Master_Funk

Mysterious Fox vs Koromaru would be awesome

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bocam

@TeflonBilly: Mara would be Adachi's special.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Winternet

As long as I can play with Nanako everything will be just fine.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vexxan

Chie's all I need.

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By Vade

Do not need story mode.
    Do not need arcade mode.
    Do not need the game to be faithful to the source material. 

I just want it to play more like Guilty Gear than BlazBlue.

Drifballoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Drifballoon

Mysterious Fox with a tiny hitbox and a healing super to make it the most annoying character to fight but extremely satisfying to play as.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TehFlan

Junes should be a stage, and Nanako should be singing "Everyday's great at your Junes." repeatedly for the entirety of every match fought there.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By kingzetta

Is Adachi going to rape someone as his finisher?

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cornman89

MC must speak only in hmph's.

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44  Edited By makari

Secret stage is the Meat Dimension. Think Final Destination from SSB except the void is filled with meat produce at different stages of production.

Simulacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Simulacrum

Igor needs to be playable.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Just remembered, but I kind of want Mitsuo to be in it.  I guess he could use his shadow in place of a Persona...

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ShadowKing7

I want Mysterious Fox up in this bitch!
    drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48  Edited By drac96

I want Shinjiro to be in this so much more than any other character.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Charlie's name should be Charlie. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hailinel

@MooseyMcMan said:

Charlie's name should be Charlie.

I'm pretty sure the Famitsu scans displayed his name as Shujinko, which is just Japanese for "Protagonist."

If he is given a name, I wouldn't be surprised if they used either Souji Seta or Yu Narukami.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.