Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4

Franchise »

Persona 4 is Atlus' most successful franchise, spawning a critically-acclaimed role-playing game, its remake, two fighting games, a dungeon crawler, a rhythm dancing game, a trading card game, four manga series, two animated series, a feature film, and a light novel. Some of these titles crossover with characters from Persona 3 as well.

Persona 4 Anime

majorziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all duders!

Has anybody watched the anime for this game? I'm almost through the series and I'm loving it. The animation is great and they, rather surprisingly, get through a lot of the material from the game. It's really impressive considering it's only 26 episodes. I have only four episodes left to watch so wanted to ask what you guys thought about it. I'm especially loving the deadpan answers from Charlie(I think it's Yu in the anime), they're perfect. Even if the last episodes sucks balls it's still been a great time. But I doubt that's going to happen.

So what did you duders think off it?

Also wanted to make a poll, but I don't know how to do it. Sorry!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's pretty good as anime adaptations go. It incorporates a surprising number of little scenes from the game, like a lot of the S-Link stuff, and it keeps to the style of the game really well too.

My only real complaint is that the ending departs quite a bit from the source material, most likely due to time constraints, and as a result, a lot of the "oh shit" reveals from the end of the game just flat-out never happen. So if you hadn't played the game, the anime could seem to have a really unsatisfying conclusion.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

It does a pretty good job of adapting the source material, but I still think my favorite part of that anime is how Yu Narukami is essentially the character who picks all of the "weird" options in any given scenario.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I think my favorite part of that anime is how Yu Narukami is essentially the character who picks all of the "weird" options in any given scenario.

I can't tell if we agree or disagree.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not enough Fan Service in this.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You're talking about this, right?

Loading Video...

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By phantomzxro

I thought it was pretty darn good. follows a good amount of the content in the game and have some funny throwbacks to the game too.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#8  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@arbitrarywater said:

I think my favorite part of that anime is how Yu Narukami is essentially the character who picks all of the "weird" options in any given scenario.

Oh, I think we agree.

majorziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By majorziggy

Just finished watching the last episodes. Just as I guessed they were awesome. This is a great anime and people who don't have the time to play this game definitely should check it out. Or watch the Endurance Run.

This is a damn good anime and I recommend it to everyone.

Now I'm a little sad that this part of Persona is over again. You just fall in love with the characters and it's sad to see anything with them end.

majorziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgot to mention the music. It uses a lot from the game and has some very good original tracks also. Just an overall amazing experience!

Damn what a good anime!

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

I saw about half of it. I wouldn't recommend it if you are A) a fan of anime or B) a fan of Persona 4. As an anime, its devotion to the source material causes it to suffer when it comes to things like fights and social link characters being introduced where they could have spent more screen time fleshing out the story--which ends up feeling neutered and rushed.

If you don't like--or haven't seen a ton of anime, and you haven't played Persona 4 and are curious, then maybe watch it?

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Rejizzle

I thought it was pretty good. Some of the social link episodes were downright hilarious.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was a terrible anime. It had horrid animation at the best of times, and there are so many episodes where it just relies so heavily on still frames that it feels like you're watching a slide show. You'd think that they would at least make the art work good on those scenes, but no, the art can be downright horrifying at times. Not to mention it is corny as hell. The ending is so cringe inducing and dumb that I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. And Teddie's voice... TEDDIE'S VOICE... It's the only anime where I had to turn off the sound because his voice was giving me a huge headache. What makes it worse is that the character's negative traits are really played up in the anime. Yosuke acts a lot dumber, Chie is a lot more abusive, etc.

I will admit though, Charlie was the only good part of the entire thing, and there were some pretty amusing parts where he is just freakin weird.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By nightriff

I thought it was pretty damn good and condenses the average 100 hour playthrough of P4 into 13ish hours. That is really nice. If you've played the game it doesn't quite live up to it but still pretty solid experience.

EDIT: Question and I didn't want to start a new thread but is the P3 movie any good and is it subbed/dubbed into english yet?

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Thiago123

@toowalrus said:

You're talking about this, right?

Loading Video...

How did I not know about Persona 4 Anime X Giant Bomb?! This is awesome.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont think i really want to to be hounest

the game was good enouth for me so yeah but i might watch it some day

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 4 Golden anime coming.

Marie is canon.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By mrfluke

its actually very enjoyable, they touch on the important pieces of the social links enough in the brief time they get, currently watching it myself, goddammit the episode where they finish up the nanako and dojima social link is super touching.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I really enjoyed it. I just don't know how much of that is 'cause I really like P4.

Also that P4 Anime x Giant Bomb series was great, and it's a shame there wasn't more. I always considered making one for the last episode of the anime, but sifting through 155 episodes for the right lines is hard.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll watch the new anime just because they have a new studio

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I watched it and really enjoyed it. It contained all the important stuff from the game and felt satisfying to see through as someone who committed around a hundred hours to watching someone else play the game. The whole thing was on Hulu subbed, which is where I watched it. I've seriously been considering buying the Blu ray though.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itwongo said:

I'll watch the new anime just because they have a new studio

I still think it's hilarious that's even happening. The first series was okay, though I thought the comedy and the ending (barring the OVA) were pretty good. I can only imagine this second series will be a direct improvement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.