A remake of Persona 5 featuring new and expanded content. Released October 31, 2019 in Japan, with a Western release following on March 31, 2020.
A freshman high schooler who enters Shujin Academy at the same time as the Protagonist. She wields a rapier and lever-action rifle. Her Persona is Cendrillon. Though not officially a member of the Phantom Thieves, she does support the Protagonist and holds him to a promise they made.
A school counselor who starts working in Shujin after a traumatic incident happens in April. He becomes a Confidant for the Protagonist.
A mysterious little white boy in Mementos who claims to be studying humans. He drives a small blue buggy, and asks the Protagonist to help him collect flowers.
- Joker now wields a grappling hook in Mementos, allowing him to reach places he couldn't in the original game.
- Palaces now contain three Will Seeds each, which combine to form a powerful accessory when the full set is found.
- Some Shadows may appear as "Disaster Shadows," stronger versions that only counterattack when attacked. However, defeating them will obtain better items than normal combat drops, and cause them to explode on other enemies in the same battle.
- Some Assist commands can be triggered in daily life, outside of Mementos.
- A brand new Palace with its own ruler added to introduce Kasumi into the Phantom Thieves.
- Additional scenes from a new, third semester can be played at the end of the game.
- Some new locations are now accessible in the real world, like Kichijoji.
- New minigames can be played, including billiards and darts.
- New events will happen with Caroline & Justine, including a trip outside of the Velvet Room.
After clearing the first Palace, players can access a brand-new area the "Thieves Den," a hub world of sorts that can be decorated using items bought with in-game currency known as P Coins. P Coins are earned by clearing special challenges or playing a card game of Tycoon. The player can also view cutscenes and artwork from earlier in the game in this area.
- Revamped in-game text messaging to include picture uploads.
- Better graphics, especially to support the PS4 Pro's capabilities.
- Different main character portraits.
- Existing Palaces and their respective Shadow rulers are being reworked to take advantage of new gameplay mechanics and features.
- New music from Shogi Meguro and Lyn, including a new opening theme and battle theme.
- New animations for some characters' critical moves and dual attacks.
- Players will be able to use the Black Mask form of Crow that was only available as an enemy boss in the original game.