Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5 Strikers

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 20, 2020

A sequel to Persona 5 storyline, maintaining the RPG but now with a real-time Musou-esque hack-and-slash combat.

Trailer for the new Persona 5 game on Switch/PS4

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought this was going to be a standard dynasty warriors style thing, but from this trailer it actually looks really good? Some parts of it remind me of the Arkham games, and the music and style is there in abundance. Seems to be a sequel to Persona 5 as far as story is concerned, which is pretty cool.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This looks way more interesting than what I thought it would be. It being set 6 months after the end of P5 is also kinda a crazy move, but I wonder how weird that will be with P5R probably changing some things about the ending.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GabrielCantor

Pretty psyched about this. I've enjoyed the past Persona spin-offs and the last licensed Musou I played (Hyrule Warriors), and I enjoyed the P5 cast in particular so more of them is a plus. Only have to hope that this will be deemed worthy of dubbing (unlike Q2, apparently) so I can actually enjoy it.

@doctordonkey: If it's anything like Golden for P4 (I've deliberately kept away from most information on it, to be fair) the actual ending won't change really, but a lot leading up to it will, so it probably wouldn't affect this game much.

Avatar image for deactivated-61f8244d70470
    deactivated-61f8244d70470

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Big pass from me. The persona spinoff games have had notoriously bad writing and characterization, and dynasty warriors is the last thing I would want to play anyways.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wouldnt pay full price for it but I could see myself having fun with this just like Hyrule Warriors. Hopefully Team Ninja is on board and it isnt just an Omega Force thing since they tend to be a bit rote.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zeik

I have yet to play a musou that really grabbed me enough to play for an extended period of time, but maybe this will be the exception. It looks like it has enough else going on with it to keep things interesting, and hopefully break up the gameplay enough so it doesn't get stale.

Being a pseudo-sequel to P5 I'm pretty much obligated to play it anyway, but I definitely have higher hopes for this game than I did when it was announced.

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I not a big fan of Dinasty Warriors so I never understood the big appeal, but since I played OP Pirate Warrior (excited for 4) I took a turn on those games. They will be very different, since one retells all the story from the show, so they can't deviate from that, but seeing how this is half a year later, might be interesting. I'm a big Persona fan and I can see where It would cause some discomfort if not done right. Here is hoping the story is good.

PS: I would really want this game to let us Load Finished save for P5 so it would carry romance from the previous game in order to enrich the story and show a sense of continuation. It could potentially make people return o their old P5 copies to get other romance options. IF not then its going to feel awkward (imo)

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Fire Emblem/Hyrule Warriors both showed this company often works better outside the "Dynasty/Samurai" world, with both those adding enough onto the core formula to work surprisingly well. P5 was great, and if this gives us more from those characters with P4 Arena-level writing, I'm absolutely down for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.