Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Changes?

• 57 results
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

#1  Edited By donutfever

The director for the series said  that he wants to  "add things that are being expected of the series" as well as "change things that can be changed within those boundaries.". What changes do you want or expect? Personally, I'd like it to be the jump from PS2 to PS3, as my backwards-compatible PS3 broke. 

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By donutfever

Want: It to be on PS3. 
    Expect: Changes to Fuse system.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Fusing system shouldn't not be changed, only simplified.  I think one thing that'll change is the concept of the dungeons.  Something relating to that will improve.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous

The fusing system could use some touching up, but I wouldn't want the core mechanics of it to be changed.

Maybe something like making what's going on when you're fusing more apparent. Maybe a tutorial of some kind.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Jeust

Better ai and path-finding. I found the shadows' movement awful in P4. 

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Kbm600
    @DonutFever said:
    " Want: It to be on PS3. Expect: Changes to Fuse system. "
    Do you mean you want it only on PS3 exclusively? Because I thought it was pretty much expected to come out for PS3 at this point.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Kbm600 said:
    " @DonutFever said:
    Do you mean you want it only on PS3 exclusively? Because I thought it was pretty much expected to come out for PS3 at this point. "
    Some would argue otherwise.
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By donutfever
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " Fusing system shouldn't not be changed, only simplified.  I think one thing that'll change is the concept of the dungeons.  Something relating to that will improve. "
    That's what I meant.
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By donutfever
    @Kbm600 said:
    " @DonutFever said:
    Do you mean you want it only on PS3 exclusively? Because I thought it was pretty much expected to come out for PS3 at this point. "
    I thought it was expected for P4, so it wouldn't be surprising if P5 was PS2 as well.  
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want it to be on PS3/360.  Specifically 360 because I don't have a PS3 and I'm not sure when I'll get one.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By Icemael

I want to see: 

• An Xbox 360 version.
    • A more user friendly fusion system.
    • A lack of overly long, tedious grindfest dungeons.
    • More complex, involving S. Links that branch several times depending on what choices you make.
    eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By eldiax
    @xobballox said:
    " I really want it to be on PS3/360.  Specifically 360 because I don't have a PS3 and I'm not sure when I'll get one. "
    This. I really really hope it won't be a PS3 exclusive, as that will absolutely make me buy a PS3.
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By donutfever
    @eldiax: 360 seems to be a main request, I don't have one, but most of my friends do, and I may be able to convince them to buy it.  
    EDIT: I have 360 friends, I can make jokes. 
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I don't have a PS3, but, personally, I'd sell my 360 and every game with it, in a heartbeat, to obtain a PS3 with Persona 5.  Besides, we're all ignoring the Wii...

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kbm600
    @DonutFever said:
    " @eldiax: 360 seems to be a main request, I don't have one, but most of my friends do, and I may be able to convince them to buy it.  EDIT: I have 360 friends, I can make jokes.  "
    Is that like saying, "I have black friends, I can say the N word?"

@FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Kbm600 said:
    " @DonutFever said:
    Some would argue otherwise. "

2010 just seems very, very late in the game to try it on the PS2. Granted, 2008 did as well but it just feels like two years later they would reconsider releasing it on such an old platform.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Kbm600 said:
    " 2010 just seems very, very late in the game to try it on the PS2. Granted, 2008 did as well but it just feels like two years later they would reconsider releasing it on such an old platform. "
    Personally, I think it'll end up being a PS3 exclusive, but some will still argue it might be only a PS2, Wii or even a PSP title.  I think those are all wrong and would never happen, but we can only wait and see.
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By donutfever
    @Kbm600: Honestly, I don't know much about Atlus games other than this. When's the last time they released a PS2 game? Demon Souls shows that they aren't adverse to releasing PS3 games.
    TheDoubleJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By TheDoubleJ
    @Icemael said:
    "I want to see: 
    • An Xbox 360 version.
    • A more user friendly fusion system.
    • A lack of overly long, tedious grindfest dungeons.
    • More complex, involving S. Links that branch several times depending on what choices you make.
    "

that but also on the PS3
    Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Jrad
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    "Besides, we're all ignoring the Wii... "
    Oh jesus. Please don't be on the Wii, P5. I beg you.
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By donutfever

iPhone.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By mutha3

Personally, I'm hoping they'll let go of some SMT conventions,  like. having  a stupid god pop out of nowhere and be the final boss. Or the silent protagonist, I also think its time to shake things up again, I think the P3 format has run its course  and has been refined in P4.

Time to let the rogue-like, dungeon-crawling, calenderbased highschool rpg format go!

@DonutFever said:

" iPhone. "

yes

@Jrad

said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

"Besides, we're all ignoring the Wii... "
    Oh jesus. Please don't be on the Wii, P5. I beg you. "
    Why not? its not like Persona 5 will have overly impressive visuals anyways, Atlus is still tied to a pretty small budget, people!

PS2 obviously ain't happening seeing how the system is dead as a doornail......this leaves only the master of systems. The phantom!
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I just hope it won't be a handheld release personally, don't care which of the major consoles it will be on.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @mutha3: I disagree with you.  With the success Persona 4 was relating to sales, I doubt they will make the sequel subpar in any way, shape or form.  Their budget won't be according to their type of normal, limiting disc printing and niche title ways.  They'll aim for the sky, and that's why I also think that they definitely won't let go of their successful formula that many people have enjoyed.
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Ace829

Multiplatform Persona 5?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LiquidPrince

Only change needed: HD Graphics. That's all.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ: 
    Their success was impressive when you take into consideration that they are a  niche developer,  making a niche game within a pretty niche genre.

Enough to justify the cost of a fullblown next-gen title, that actually looks the part? Probably not.  It would look like Yakuza 3 at best(if they went all out), developing something truly impressive costs too much for them.

Also, Atlus certainly hasn't been shy about experimenting with its titles in the past, so, I think they'll shake things up this time(at least I hope).
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @mutha3: It may not "look the part", but Persona 3 and Persona 4 were all about the art style, and not impressive graphics.  Something like 3D Dot Game Heroes, a game published by Atlus, looks great but it doesn't have graphics comparable to Mass Effect 2.

Like any company, they like money, so they'll follow whatever path they think will give them the most of it.  I believe that they'll get the most for their money on a system with North American gamers who would actually buy this type of game: the Xbox 360 and the PS3.  They'll play it safe for the Persona series, the spin-off to SMT.  Maybe even streamline or modernize some stuff for the non-Japanese market who want different things from these games. They wouldn't go unconventional and do something like Strange Journey. 
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ said:

" @mutha3: It may not "look the part", but Persona 3 and Persona 4 were all about the art style, and not impressive graphics.  Something like 3D Dot Game Heroes, a game published by Atlus, looks great but it doesn't have graphics comparable to Mass Effect 2.

I know, that's what I'm saying.

Persona has never been about the fidelity of the graphics, but, more about the artstyle and general design. Even it were on a next-gen console, I doubt it would really benefit significantly from it. At least not enough for it to seem like a big deal to me if it would be on the Wii. 

Like any company, they like money, so they'll follow whatever path they think will give them the most of it.  I believe that they'll get the most for their money on a system with North American gamers who would actually buy this type of game: the Xbox 360 and the PS3.  They'll play it safe for the Persona series, the spin-off to SMT.  Maybe even streamline or modernize some stuff for the non-Japanese market who want different things from these games. They wouldn't go unconventional and do something like Strange Journey.  "

Persona sells thrice as much in Japan as the other two regions put together and that's Persona 4 the best selling Persona outside of Japan, other Persona/SMT titles sell even less. Their main target audience is definitely still  in Japan, not the US. Seeing how the X360 sells pitifully in Japan, I highly doubt we'll see Persona on there.

PS3 has a much higher shot, though. So does the Wii.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@mutha3 said:

" Persona has never been about the fidelity of the graphics, but, more about the artstyle and general design. Even it were on a next-gen console, I doubt it would really benefit significantly from it. At least not enough for it to seem like a big deal to me if it would be on the Wii. "

I see, but with a current generation platform other than the Wii, they could still do things that they've not been able to do before.  Other than improvements relating to anything graphical (lips moving while the characters talk, dungeons being more unique and less about repeated environments...), there are a variety of other improvements putting the game on the 360/PS3 could bring, mainly anything relating to the addition in memory.  There could be more VO, cutscenes, music, all because of more memory.

@mutha3 said:
    " Persona sells thrice as much in Japan as the other two regions put together and that's Persona 4 the best selling Persona outside of Japan, other Persona/SMT titles sell even less. Their main target audience is definitely still  in Japan, not the US. Seeing how the X360 sells pitifully in Japan, I highly doubt we'll see Persona on there. 
    PS3 has a much higher shot, though. So does the Wii. "
    I do see Persona 5 as a PS3 exclusive, mostly because of Atlus' apparent partnership with Playstation, but I still don't think they'd put it on the Wii.  Even though this game is obviously, mostly skewed for a Japanese audience, they can't just ignore the rest of the world, especially not North America, because that region brings a whole lot of revenue.  They'll try to appeal to both audiences, if they can.  At least, that's what I think.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ: 
    Yeah, I can see that. I'd love it if P5 gets to be on a HD console, but at the same time, I wouldn't be terribly heartbroken if it didn't and found its way on the Wii.

but I still don't think they'd put it on the Wii.  Even though this game is obviously, mostly skewed for a Japanese audience, they can't just ignore the rest of the world, especially not North America, because that region brings a whole lot of revenue.  They'll try to appeal to both audiences, if they can.  At least, that's what I think.   

I don't really understand what you mean by this. The Wii is by far the largest console of choice in the west too.....

It'll probably be on the PS3,though.Established franchise and all ya know?
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @mutha3: But the North American Wii audience would not be interested in a game like Persona 5.  You just need to look at games such as Tales of Graces, which isn't even coming to North America, Arc Rise Fantasia, which definitely won't do fantastic here and Muramasa or Shiren: The Wanderer.  Persona 5 would do as pathetic sales-wise on the Wii as those games, over here.

Personally, I'd be pretty dissapointed if it ended up on the Wii.  I also heavily believe that it'll end up on the PS3, exclusively.
    nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nick69

I would like a multi-system release. PC, PS3, 360. 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @nick69 said:
    " I would like a multi-system release. PC, PS3, 360.  "
    wut
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By DanielJW

Wii exclusive, just to see people cry. 

Also the fuse system needs some more tweaks/tutorials. I'm super excited for this game.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

They need to integrate what happens in the social Links with the main story. Having Chie as my girlfriend in the social link, but acting like it didn't exist anywhere else was incredibility frustrating.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#36  Edited By natetodamax

I would like to see an Xbox 360 version.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By Cincaid

I think most of us would love to see it released to X360 along with a PS3 release, but sadly it's really not a given since the X360-market in Japan is almost non-existant. Hopefully they realize the huge market it is in the west though, and make us all happy. But at this point I'm terrified they do something crazy and only release it to PSP, or something like that.

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By andrela

Persona 5 PC with mod support for making dungeons, S links and personas. One can dream anyway.

I'd love to have a HD persona on my ps3 to be honest. It would be a total backwards step to put it on  wii or handhelds

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By damswedon

im guessing they will change game-play up a lot. 1+2 were very different from 3+4.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By donutfever

3D. Just kidding, I think it will be on PS3, as if they were going to put the series of a non-sony console, P3P would be on DS.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By donutfever
    @damswedon: I'd like to think they change when they get a good idea, and not based on some pattern.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Want:  360 Release (PS3 as well)
    Expect:  More awesomeness.

I'll be getting a PS3 by the end of this year hopefully, so either way I'll probably get this game if it comes out only on PS3.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By donutfever

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By c1337us

I would like a simplified fusing system and a more complex/branching social ranking system.

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By eldiax
    @DonutFever said:
    " Ch-ch-ch-changes... "
    I totally started singing that song when I saw this topic pop up. 

Anyway, I would like to see Persona 5 on 360 and PS3. I'm almost sure it will be awesome.
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By donutfever
    @eldiax said:
    " @DonutFever said:
    " Ch-ch-ch-changes... "
    I totally started singing that song when I saw this topic pop up.  Anyway, I would like to see Persona 5 on 360 and PS3. I'm almost sure it will be awesome. "
    I don't blame you, sir.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PureRok
    @Andrela said:
    " Persona 5 PC with mod support for making dungeons, S links and personas. One can dream anyway.  I'd love to have a HD persona on my ps3 to be honest. It would be a total backwards step to put it on  wii or handhelds "
    Technically, putting it on the Wii would be a bit more of a side-step, rather than backwards. They also seem to like putting games on the DS, but a hand-held seems unlikely, even with P3P.
    InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By InfiniteGeass

They should just make Persona 4, but better, ya know?

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PureRok
    @InfiniteGeass said:
    " They should just make Persona 4, but better, ya know? "
    Persona 4 FES
    InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By InfiniteGeass
    @PureRok: I would be in full support of this. Are you listening Atlus? You've put out Persona 3 three separate times now, I think a Persona 4 remake is due.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.