Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Demon negotiations are back?!? :-(

• 50 results
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@capum15 said:

@ajamafalous said:

@joques said:

@capum15: Yes, "give item" and "give money" seem to be entirely useless and included more for SMT-nostalgia reasons than anything else. You should always either recruit or do an all-out attack so far as I can see.

Level up Sun; it quickly makes asking for money the best option (unless you're going for rare skill cards, in which case you should ask for items). I also thought those options seemed worthless at the start but that quickly changed after the first dungeon.

Oh right I forgot about Sun! I maxed everything but Tower and Hanged, and Sun was one of the first along with Death. That was helpful at the beginning. Around the start of Palace 3 I got Pulpina and Confuse Boost on something and farmed some Mementos bosses for money and never had to worry about money again. They can throw out a solid 39-50k at early levels per wasted turn, if they throw away money. I saw some throwing out about 80k later on. That's probably why I forgot Sun's bonuses entirely, haha.

Alright so yeah the money boost from Sun is useful if you don't cheese the game like I did. And I suppose the "conserving HP/SP" thought is good too if you haven't gotten Death up.

That being said I don't think I ever used negotiations after Palace 5. I also only fought like maybe 10 non-forced enemies after that (due to me fucking up stealth), because there are some real great abilities in the game.

I did the confuse trick in NG+ as well, but I suspect most players will never learn about it

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ajamafalous: Yeah, I just hadn't had to worry about money for so long that I totally blanked on Sun's abilities. That link makes it pretty dang useful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.