Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Persona 5 average completion time?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I finally beat the game today at lv 74 with 205 hours and all Confidants maxed out. There was a good amount of idle time when I'd leave the game running, but I always like to read text at a conversation pace and not speed read through stuff.

It feels a bit said to know that such a huge game that I waited years for is finally over, but there is still the anime and side games to look forward to.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

120 something and I did almost everything. I was missing like 5-6 levels total to get all max level social links.

paperfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By paperfury

About 115 hours for me to do most of everything on the first playthrough on hard. Doesn't include a few reloads/deaths.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

78 hours but after 40 hours I put the game on safe difficulty cause I couldn't bear with the combat anymore. I only maxed out three of the confidants and never looked at a guide either.

You duders have way more endurance than me! I can't do a game that goes further than 40 hours.

Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

102 hours, level 72, all confidants on normal.

Still surprised that the games is ~20 hours longer than the other ones. Doesn't feel it.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

123 hours. That was pretty much all game time, since I would back out or put the PS4 into rest mode whenever I needed to step away for a few minutes.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was around late 80s to early 90s for me. Definitely was ready to be done with the combat after that, but I still wanted to go back and max stuff out afterwards (ultimately I didn't because of the lack of straight-up skippable cutscenes and combat burnout).

I "missed" the game for a solid 2 weeks after finishing it, and it was enough to make me not want to play any of the other games I was really excited to play in my vacation, and instead jumped into SMTIV and played that to completion. I'm sad there's no big turn-based JRPG on the horizon that I'm interested in after so many years waiting for P5 (and there probably won't be until Persona 6 gets announced).

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

102 hours, level 96 (you bet your ass I farmed the Reaper in Mementos), and I maxed 16/21 confidants.

I jumped right back in to New Game Plus and now I'm slowly making my way through again, I think I'm going to try and go for the Platinum trophy.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat it in about 60 flat. Cranked down the difficulty at dungeon 5 and never looked back.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

90 something hours, I'd say, on average.

Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
    indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

115-120 sounds about right. I was missing four "normal" confidants and skipped the "fusion" confident because I didn't have an interest in using a calculator to max that one. I very nearly maxed the "hanged" confidant. With some better optimization I could definitely have maxed everything out in one playthrough.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had around 105 hours, but I stopped playing at the start of the boat dungeon because I hated all of them so much.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Level 72, 125 hours, normal until the final dungeon. Maxed out 16 of the confidants. Romances Makoto. There were a couple I didn't even know about until later into the game like the fortune teller. My patience was starting to wear thin for the last few hours but I ultimately felt a little sad that it was done haha.

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JohnTunoku

About 130 with all confidants maxed and around 98% compendium. I think some NG+ stuff is behind the last 2%, but haven't really had the drive to start again, maybe will some day to do the Reaper and the secret boss. Was on normal difficulty, started on Hard but turned it off after getting annoyed with the ultra hit crit chance on random encounters resulting in SP drain and more days in dungeon (did this on the third dungeon).

I looked at a guide for the fusion link but not much beyond that. Had a much easier time maxing then with Golden but that's probably mostly just a matter of experience.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ended up 79-80 i think, most confidants maxed because I never looked at a guide to try and maximize time, 115 hours there about. I was going into the final boss level 70 but the very last 2 mobs are super easy to insta-kill and give 10k xp so I spammed that to max everyone out. I think it took 105 to finish Persona 3 FES and somewhere around 90 to finish P4G so its on par

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I beat it last week. Clocked in at almost exactly 96 hours. That's almost 30h more than 4, and 20h more than 3 for me. So goddamn that was a long game. I was pretty burnt out on the combat in the last palace and had to take a lengthy break, but I'm very happy with it overall. Easily my favorite Persona! The soundtrack is goddamn amazing.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By DinosaurCanada

Took me about 130 hours while only maxing maybe half or three quarters of the confidants and only getting to level 80 or so. Still feel like it ended a bit too soon : (

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About 130 hours. I spent more time in Mementos than was necessary since I wanted to make use of my in game days...

ItsMagicNeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think my first was about 110, and second was 115

tr00matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was about 140 hours with the confidants I wanted to max ~ level 73 - I spent a lot of time walking around doing stuff, reading and a bit of idling. I only really lost to one boss, and died in one palace so that's not a lot of replaying.

ashghanistan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just over 120 hours, but i still haven't done everything. New game+ run incoming methinks.

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

105 hours for me. Did most stuff I could without a guide.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around 115 hours for the first playthrough with somewhere around 330 hours after experiencing everything I wanted and getting the platinum trophy. What a time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.