Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Persona 5 renewed my faith in videogames.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By matoya

Hey gang,

If you've visited the Persona 5 board on Giant Bomb at all, you've likely noticed me all over there. It's because I've had a renaissance of such with playing games.

I'll put things into perspective: I've just this year found a job I really like. I've been there a year now, and I can't get enough of working there. As this happened, I felt like I kind of "grew out" of videogames. I just couldn't dedicate myself to playing anymore. Everytime I sat down for a session, I'd last for 45 minutes or so, then give up. I tried Destiny (TTK) which kinda sucked, then Dragon Quest Builders, which I'll admit, I liked it a lot, but after 2/3 days of playing, I just couldn't sit down and commit. I'd rather spunk my time away on Youtube or Netflix. It's tragic, I know. When I was younger, (I'm 28 now), I would literally play games all day every day. JRPGS were my favourite, but I'd be happy playing anything, really. But I dunno, the spark somehow just went away.

Cut to Persona 5. I work in a school incase you were wondering, and I've just had 2 weeks off for Easter Break. I pretty much did nothing but play Persona 5. I did an average of about 6/7 hours a day, and blew through it like nobodies business. I was obsessed with it. Go over to the "Persona 5 Discussion Thread" if you wanna see my opinions on it.

Suffice to say, I'm now totally back into the swing of things. I'm EXCITED to be playing games again. I've had about a year off, and so much has stacked up for me to play.

What would you guys recommend next by the way? I'm thinking Horizon, Nier Automata or the Odin Sphere remake. I'd LOVE to hear your guys thoughts on what I should play next.

TLDR: Had about 18 months away from games, Persona 5 totally got me back into them. Fucking super excited to be playing games again. Life is good.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Welcome back buddy. Reading your stuff somehow makes me want to play the game. My family owns a PS4 Pro, perhaps I can find the time to play this also, though I doubt I will ever finish it.

Its cool that you've found your gaming mojo again thanks to this game. P5 must really be amazing.

What games have you played? Probably stuff like Bayonetta I guess so I would say go with Nier: Automata since its made by the same company. DOOM is probably something you should consider also. Maybe even the more calm games such as Stardew Valley or Factorio. I've played Forza Horizon 3 and I don't even like cars, yet I love that game and only heard the best things about The Last Guardian (especially if you're an animal owner, but don't play it on a vanilla ps4, I've heard it sucks shit there) so play those too.

byrjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey duder, congrats on the return. Myself I'm just coming off Nier Automata, and after also playing in general alot these past months, I need a breather before Persona 5, although I think about buying everyday ;)

Nier Automata is an experience I rank up there with Dark Souls, Life is Strange, Braid, Fez, The Walking Dead. Ie. GOTY material. Don't sleep on it.

I agree with Jim Sterling on this one :

"Nier itself is important. It is, as far as I’m concerned, historically significant in terms of its design and the way in which it uses the framework of a videogame to tell an evolving story. If I had my way, every budding game developer would play this game to the point of acquiring endings A, B, C, D, and E before acquiescing to its final and alarmingly direct request.

Few games are able to showcase the power of the medium like Nier: Automata.

If history forgets this game, then fuck history." - Jim Sterling

http://www.thejimquisition.com/nier-automata-review/

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Man, the more I hear about Persona 5, the more I think I'm the only person on the planet who really doesn't like it.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer said:

Man, the more I hear about Persona 5, the more I think I'm the only person on the planet who really doesn't like it.

You are not alone my friend.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Play Horizon, the story is incredible. If you are also interested in a less story focussed experience, check out Hitman which I imagine you'd have missed. Neir is probably excellent but I haven't had the time, what with Horizon, Persona and Zelda.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

Play Horizon, the story is incredible. If you are also interested in a less story focussed experience, check out Hitman which I imagine you'd have missed. Neir is probably excellent but I haven't had the time, what with Horizon, Persona and Zelda.

I'm sad that I'll probably never play Hitman. I've DEVOURED the Giant Bomb content of that game, and because I've seen so much of it, I don't think I could play it myself. I've simply seen too much of it and the surprise would be ruined.

I think I'm gonna order Nier. I don't play games like that, so it'd be good for me to broaden my horizons

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@meierthered: Don't lie to him, he is alone

I am alone. I'm apparently the only sane person left on this planet.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Bollard

@matoya said:
    @bollard said:

I'm sad that I'll probably never play Hitman. I've DEVOURED the Giant Bomb content of that game, and because I've seen so much of it, I don't think I could play it myself. I've simply seen too much of it and the surprise would be ruined.

I think I'm gonna order Nier. I don't play games like that, so it'd be good for me to broaden my horizons

That's a shame! I actually have made a decision to only play each Hitman mission after I have already seen Brad and Dan play it. I donm't have the time to play each level more than once, so I like to see how Brad does it to learn the map and then try and do it the right way myself haha.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:
    @matoya said:
    @bollard said:

That's a shame! I actually have made a decision to only play each Hitman mission after I have already seen Brad and Dan play it. I donm't have the time to play each level more than once, so I like to see how Brad does it to learn the map and then try and do it the right way myself haha.

Hah yeah. I wanted to play it, but like most things on GB, I ended up watching and falling in love with it. It looks like a GREAT game, I'll give it that, but like I said, I've seen every way of doing every mission on this site, so I know I wouldn't enjoy it

I ordered Nier last night, due to turn up today sometime. Hoping it's as good as people say

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually so with you on this, persona 5 completely renergized my enthusiasm as well,

And yea give Nier a shot,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.