Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

PV #02 Tease Discussion/Hype Centre

• 69 results
    DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

I've officially hit the point of excitement where making a thread about three seconds of obscured footage seems like a completely rational thing to do. I haven't been like that for a game in years.

The full trailer will come with P4D, which releases in Japan on the 25th.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The hype is real.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm ready to re-watch whatever they show us over 100 times. And then show it to my friends 100 more times. Persona is probably the only series that can make me this unreasonably excited about a video game anymore. I really haven't felt this blindly hyped up for a game since I was a kid. Might even have to go back and replay 3 and 4 again. That'll help kill some of the wait for sure.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh snap the leaks are real and I'm at work...

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited. Those images look cool, and I'm hoping for either a new track or a vocal version of the track we already got. Apparently this is the thread to go to if you have a Persona themed dp.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By probablytuna

STEAL BACK YOUR FUTURE

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder who's reaching out to Anne, since the other party members are present.

I was also hoping for a release date to be announced with this, but that probably would have been leaked with these.

Avatar image for anuncreativename
    anuncreativename

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donutfever: If they don't annouce a release date with this new trailer do you think it still comes out this year?

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anuncreativename: Atlus USA seems so confident it'll be out here this year that I feel like it has to be out in Japan by then.

But if they wait for TGS to announce it, like many seem to think, I can't see how there'll be time for both a reasonable gap between announcement and release over there AND the time for translation to complete and come over here.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Word is the trailer is 7 minutes long.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Word is the trailer is 7 minutes long.

That was the first rumor, but one following that is that it's more like 4 minutes long. Things are rather uncertain right now, but it's looking like the latter is more likely.

Avatar image for anuncreativename
    anuncreativename

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donutfever: I thought they announced that they would be doing the translation while the game was in development and they would be doing a simultaneous launch, at least I thought they announced that at some point but maybe that was just another rumor.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anuncreativename: Atlus USA seems so confident it'll be out here this year that I feel like it has to be out in Japan by then.

But if they wait for TGS to announce it, like many seem to think, I can't see how there'll be time for both a reasonable gap between announcement and release over there AND the time for translation to complete and come over here.

There's no way they're waiting until after the Japanese release to start localization. This game is way too big for them to wait that long. They even started P4 early, and that was before the series blew up as much as it has.

I'm still not 100% convinced it will make it by the end of the year, since this is bound to be a major localization effort, but I wouldn't be that surprised either, especially if Atlus USA are so confident.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anuncreativename said:

@donutfever: If they don't annouce a release date with this new trailer do you think it still comes out this year?

Apparently there is no release date in the Blu-ray version of PV02. They wouldn't want to keep the release date just for people who buy P4D early, though, so it kind of makes sense. Revealing it at TGS would be too late for a 2015 game, so I'd expect it before then.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@donutfever said:

There's no way they're waiting until after the Japanese release to start localization. This game is way too big for them to wait that long. They even started P4 early, and that was before the series blew up as much as it has.

I'm still not 100% convinced it will make it by the end of the year, since this is bound to be a major localization effort, but I wouldn't be that surprised either, especially if Atlus USA are so confident.

Oh yeah, they've definitely started translating it, but it likely won't be simultaneous. Ace Attorney 5 was the same way, but it came out about three months later if I remember correctly.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Probably getting a PS3 for this.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donutfever: I'm sure they are already localizing it. Hell SMTIV only came out like a month after Japan got it and it's nowhere near as big as Persona. I'm betting they are shooting for a simultaneous release or like a week or two later. Totally believable to me.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

This is totally selfish, but if it really is coming out this year, I'm kind of hoping for as little footage as possible. I want to go in relatively clean, but I also lack basic self-control.

Socuteboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Still haven't seen anything on the new preview yet, but I guess this is happening:

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By DocHaus

@socuteboss: Wait, Adachi dancing? Why is this a thing?

If they were going to have a drunk suited man dancing shouldn't it be the other detective?

ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

He looks like a beast! Could be the fox masked thief from the gameplay trailer.

Socuteboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus:

I dunno, I kinda don't care for how Adachi is being handled in the post P4 story, it almost feels like nobody cares that he murdered 2 people and tried to destroy the entire town.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socuteboss: Yeah, but he felt really bad about it after he was defeated by the powers of friendship. Kinda. Okay not really, but the Investigation Team just kinda accepted it.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now hang on a second. These leaked screens. Are we to believe someone's gotten a hold of the new trailer, but is taking and posting screenshots instead of just releasing it?

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DonutFever

@spunkyhepanda: Apparently the person who released these has also posted screenshots of their laptop in the process of uploading the full trailer.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently Atlus is taking these down, so catch it while you can!

Loading Video...

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Looks so good! SO HYPED :D

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hooray for voiced shadows of the protagonist

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game still looks amazing. Not sure I learned much from that trailer, but I'm totally cool with that. The music is great, as expected.

ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thankfully I watched it before it got taken down idk why Atlus are being so pansy about it. Game looks phenomenal, and i'm glad they're keeping the story under wraps, and very mysterious. I'm hoping they announce a release date soon because i am so ready for this game.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a mirror on dailymotion, of course there is.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so ready to fight dudes with nightsticks that transform into Norns.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess the theme of the game is masks. Makes sense.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that sure was a trailer I guess. I do wonder if the brief first-person shot of the Protagonist's party is a sign that there's another playable character yet to be revealed.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus: Given the way the party reacts to that hand, I think it's another Mitsuo Kubo situation.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue: Ok I have seen "Norn" come up in multiple places in connection with this video. What in the world is that? I've played a ton of P3 and 4 and nothing is coming to mind.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zeik

@christaran said:

@theblue: Ok I have seen "Norn" come up in multiple places in connection with this video. What in the world is that? I've played a ton of P3 and 4 and nothing is coming to mind.

It's the gold clock thing in that video. It's often made by fusing the 3 fate sisters: Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos. In P4 it was the ultimate Persona unlocked by maxing out Naoto's S. Link.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Awesome, thanks! I guess I'm not the best at remembering all the Persona names :p

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing's pretty sure from all of these trailers - acid jazz was the perfect choice. I'll buy this game just for OST.

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maaaaaaaan, that is one sick trailer!

God, I hope the English version won't be too far behind the Japanese release. While I might be able to resist reading up on too much of the story beforehand, dodging spoilers will be soo tough...

BrunoFFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game has so much STYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLE

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cettu: I mean, as far as we know, the game is still due out in North America in 2015. Atlus certainly hasn't said otherwise yet. I'd be bummed if we had to wait until spring or something but it's doable. I'm still only 3/4ths of the way through P4 and I was thinking about playing through P3 as well before this game. Also I'm going to be preoccupied with Dancing All Night.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool trailer, jamming new song. I still don't quite buy the whole "We swear there's going to be an English version of the game this year guys" line yet, but I would like to be proven wrong on that one.
    Here's to Atlus hopefully deciding to never touch region locking again so that as an Australian I can import an NA copy.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I found the trailer live and running on crunchyroll To Persona 4 trailer and it was amazing. Is the game really coming out this year in the US?

Rothbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So, what I'm thinking is that this game has yet another way of summoning your Persona; we had the Evokers in P3 which could work anywhere, then we had the T.V. Personas which were tied to that world (excepting few occasions), and here it seems that the protagonists simply become part of their persona. The yellow eyes make me think it's something similar to what Adachi had, when you confronted him in P4 right before the battle he just snapped, and instead of simply summoning Magatsu-Izanagi for attacks and such, he also had yellow eyes on.

Could be wrong, of course, but I like it how they're always finding new ways of turning people's persona powers on!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.