Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

The Incredible Visual Style of Persona 5

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

Hey all! So I started a YouTube channel in which my goal is to offer some analysis and insight into games I think are worthy of discussion, and I decided to make my first video about the incredible visual style of Persona 5. I thought it would be cool to share it with the Giant Bomb community, since I know there was a lot of debate between Persona 5 and Cuphead for best styyyyyyyyyyyyyyyle (I think it's obvious which side of the spectrum I lean towards regarding that argument).

This is my first time doing something like this, so any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for watching!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I’ve been playing it since the Christmas sale and man this game looks really nice. The visual style is really great and I really like a lot of the character designs a whole lot.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

Great video essay dude, keep up the great work.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cool beans. Subscribed.

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wumbo3000

@cerberus3dog: @pauljeremiah: Thanks! I really appreciate it!

@humanity: Yeah, the character designs are really inventive, and I like how wild/out-there they are with a lot of their designs.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MattGiersoni

Cool video! P5 is my favorite Persona, but maybe that's the "newest installment bias". I want to do a new game + playthrough soon and experience it all again. The style and the OST are amazing. I listen to the OST everyday since the game came out. In places, it shows that it's a crossgen game and that its main platform was the PS3, like the low textures of (second palace spoiler) huge paintings in Madarame's palace. The overall style is quite good, transitions, hud elements, everything is really well done. I love that every party member has a unique splash screen for the "all out attack" move. I'm very glad P5 sold quite well in Atlus' eyes, I think the last figure we got was 2 million worldwide. You did a great job of putting all your thoughts into 5 minutes. I find that short form in any type of media is much more accessible and attracts people than long form stuff. I personally don't care about length but short videos are more popular I believe.

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wumbo3000

@mattgiersoni:Oh wow, I almost completely forgot that P5 came out for the PS3 as well. Thankfully, the visuals aren't too heavily reliant on things like resolution, as its style basically carries the weight, but I can see how the baggage of a previous gen console would have an effect.

And thanks for your kind words! My goal with this first video was to keep it pretty concise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.