Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Time to drop some new gameplay!

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By metalsnakezero

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This is the most excited I've been for Valentine's Day in a good long while! Also, I think I'm the first person to ever say this, but man, those menus, the styllllleeeeeee!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I kind of don't like the music. Its not as good as 4's or 3's.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Yeah, I'm way into this. Lots of fighting what were core Personae from the past couple games... Wonder if that means anything.

And the toothy grins on the musical notes is pretty great

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did i miss something? I didn't see much gameplay in the video, just the cat talking then the protagonist talking to some girl on a train in japanese?

I wonder how much doing the ps3 version is holding back this release date? I think they should have just scrapped it tbh, it could have been a good way to sell some consoles too.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By YI_Orange

@sterling: it's more low key for sure, but it fits the style and I'm way into it. Plus, I'm sure they're just hiding the ripping guitars right now.

My takeaway - Those character specific victory screens are amazing. Is motorcycle girl's persona a motorcycle? These trailers are already making her my favorite character.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@yi_orange: Yeah, I'm sure that track will grow on me once I actually play it. And you're right, its only one of many tracks in the game.

sergeantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@slax: You are not. Even other artists / UI designers in the games industry are very publicly losing their minds over how slick everything is, and how stylishly it's presented. This is the first game I can think of where even the menus look appealing.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did i miss something? I didn't see much gameplay in the video, just the cat talking then the protagonist talking to some girl on a train in japanese?

I wonder how much doing the ps3 version is holding back this release date? I think they should have just scrapped it tbh, it could have been a good way to sell some consoles too.

There are 21 brief videos there. It will cycle through them if you let it keep playing, or you can jump to one in the top left.

If anything it's the PS4 version that's holding it back. They started the PS3 version first. If they hadn't decided to port it to the PS4 it probably would be out by now. I don't mind waiting for a better version though.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OurSin_360

@zeik said:
    @oursin_360 said:

There are 21 brief videos there. It will cycle through them if you let it keep playing, or you can jump to one in the top left.

If anything it's the PS4 version that's holding it back. They started the PS3 version first. If they hadn't decided to port it to the PS4 it probably would be out by now. I don't mind waiting for a better version though.

lol...whoops I completely missed that. I am an old man so excuse me not understanding these newfangled youtube playlists.

And i guess your right, just feels odd now to see new ps3/360 releases

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Don't feel too bad, I did not know Youtube could do that until just now myself. :P

It's not that weird for Atlus. Persona 4 came out several years after the PS3. That wasn't even their last game on the PS2 either.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Trying not to look at this but I can't help it.

Only drawback is I'm going to be playing this on PS3, so will not look or run as nice. I am not buying a PS4 just for this game.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@sterling said:

I kind of don't like the music. Its not as good as 4's or 3's.

Me either so far but who knows. The other games weren't quite flawless soundtracks for me though the highs are so high.

Honestly it's like some smooth jazz business in that track.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of spoilers for social link stuff, but the combat looks real good. Gun, Sword, and Persona? Looks like you can capture monsters/persona. I think remember doing that in one of the other non persona games i played way back.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@sergeantz: Oh I know. I was being sarcastic, making fun of myself for saying something that everyone else has said. But still, when I watch any gameplay it's just so slick!

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh MAN I am hype.

Also ya'll are nuts the music is dope.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of spoilers for social link stuff, but the combat looks real good. Gun, Sword, and Persona? Looks like you can capture monsters/persona. I think remember doing that in one of the other non persona games i played way back.

The demon negotiation is a defining feature of the main SMT franchise. Persona 1 and 2 had it too, but it was poorly implemented by comparison.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@oursin_360: It's demon negotiation. It was in Persona 2(and 1 probably) and a lot of Shin Megami Tensei games. Basically they ask you for items/money or opinions. If you give them what they want they get happy and either join you or give you stuff. If you make them mad they either fight or leave. I don't know the details of it in Persona 5, but I assume it's along those lines. I hope they speed it up a bit or don't make it super mandatory. It can be pretty fun, but it became a grind in Persona 2.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know i remember it from one of the games but not really persona, i never played 2 and was too young when i played the first game and I think I quit way before i got to the combat. I know i played a bit of the other games, i believe nocturne was one. I never actually beat 3 and am about half way through i think, and only watched the endurance run of 4 but loved what i saw lol.

Avatar image for soimadeanaccount
    soimadeanaccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By soimadeanaccount

Seems like they are sticking with the calendar and picking afterschool activities system. The training affected his combat stat, while others did for his attribute (courage/understanding, etc. back in P3 and 4), hanging out with people also. I wonder if SLink will return or how they will restructure it.

Will be interesting to see what the localization team does with the crossword puzzle.

The confession booth seems to affect the abilities of the chosen party member.

Is he spending time making items/equipment on the desk? Wonder how far that gets.

Seems like it is possible to pass One-more turn to another member in part 13? Gun, sword, and talking cat, very Devil Summoner.

Talking to enemy gain persona still only for MC? No multiple persona for other members?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.