Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

What will your gaming schedule be when P5 comes out?

• 92 results
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

Persona 5 release is coming so close and it will take us many hours to get through. With that in mind how you duders planning to play this bad boy to completion?

I have a 3 hour free time during my weekdays to play games and I focus on 1 game to completion and only deviate when a new game I want to play comes out. Weekends I have a 5 to 6 hours depending on what other plans I have other then my usual trip to the city.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

All I know is I'm going to stop playing everything else when it comes out. Zelda, Nier, Nioh - if I'm not done by the time Persona 5 rolls around, I'm waiting until after I finish Persona 5 to pick it back up.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'll be playing other games, and waiting to see if Atlus are interested in making a PC port.
    If it looks unlikely after some months then i'll be playing it for an hour or so in the mornings 4 days of the week.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I booked a vacation around it so im hoping to get long stretches in before my vacation ends.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope to have zelda beaten by then, and I plan on setting aside every other game to focus solely on Persona until it's beaten. Going to play a few hours each night after I get off work, and cram a bunch of hours in on weekends.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love a Switch port, but I don't think it's gonna happen. I probably pick it up after I'm done with Horizon, Zelda and ME: Andromeda.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By militantfreudian

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to make any concessions to play Persona 5 more than I normally play these days: not more than a couple of hours every other day. I'll probably be alternating between it and the new Mass Effect too. I'm way more eager to play Persona though.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'm gonna be going between that and Mass Effect. Hopefully I can get near the confusion of mass Effect though before it comes out so I can finish the game up and hop right into Persona.

Does anyone know how the reception has been for the game in Japan? It's been out for a long time and I'm sure as long as the translation is good the impressions will be similar.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I know is I'm going to stop playing everything else when it comes out. Zelda, Nier, Nioh - if I'm not done by the time Persona 5 rolls around, I'm waiting until after I finish Persona 5 to pick it back up.

Pretty much this.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

With any luck I'll have polished of Yakuza 0 by then, at least. Hopefully I'll get around to a decent chunk of Zelda, too, but I may well put that down to focus on Persona 5. Or just run both of those at once, depending. As for actual timing, it won't be too different than my normal - sometimes I'll squeeze in an hour in the morning, but usually it's just evenings and weekends for me.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm already juggling 3 huge games (Zelda, Nier and Horizon) and I'm going to get Mass Effect if it's any good. I'm going to prioritize Persona for sure but I hope I'm not still burried in video games by the time it comes out.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the genre isn't really one that I personally enjoy playing, I'll be busy with other games and hope that Jeff & Vinny start a P5 Endurance Run feature with PS4's Share Play mechanic. After realizing that to be a fever dream, I'll at least hope for a eight hour long GBE Playdate or a ten hour QL with Jeff & Vinny.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Same schedule I usually have for video games - 2 hours a night and whenever I can on the weekends.

Persona 5 probably isn't going to be the only game I play - in fact, playing it on weeknights and something else (Mass Effect?) on the weekend sounds ideal. Almost like a long running anime or TV show or something!

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cettu

I wonder if I'll be able to pace myself. I'd really like to savor this since the wait has been so long.

...There's a good chance my first playthrough's gonna look a lot like Dan's time with Zelda prior to release.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm currently playing through Nier:A and hoping to finish that in the next week or two. Then I want to knock out Night in the Woods. After that I'll play the Gravity Rush 2 DLC and then call it there. Nioh, Yakuza, Zelda, Nonary Games will have to wait until I'm done with P5.

majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

I have a big trip planned in May, so I'll probably wait until June to start Persona 5 (otherwise I'd have to take a break from it for ~3 weeks). As for my pace, I learned with Persona 3 that I can't power through a game that long without burning out on it (and thus ultimately thinking less of my time with it). I played Persona 4 more leisurely, while playing other games on the side as I needed Persona breaks, and ended up enjoying the experience a whole lot more. Made it feel like those characters were a part of my life rather than a thing to get through. I'll likely take a similar approach for P5... though not having it on a handheld will make that approach a little more of a hassle... There was something nice about popping in and out of rest mode on the Vita whenever and wherever I had a few minutes for P4.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished Nier: Automata so I feel pretty good right now about not having any games I urgently want to complete before P5's release. I'm still playing Zelda but I don't feel compelled to finish it any time soon, I'm content to play that in little chunks even if it takes me a year. I'll probably end up getting Mass Effect but I'll drop it once P5 comes out.

vizard1301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will prob play it a few hours in the morning before work,and grind a bit in the night,but with mass effect out i will have to pace myself.

Might just end mass effect first then start on persona 5 properly though im way more hyped for persona.

chebbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have many Masters deadlines coming up, so it is likely to be my one hour before bed piece of relaxation. Looking forward to those singular hours though!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

i'll probably be done with mass effect, then i'll just take my time and enjoy persona 5.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Play it and probably nothing else until it is done. I have been holding off on getting Zelda, Nioh, and Yakuza (in addition to pretty much all of 2017's cool looking games) specifically because I've been thinking about the Persona problem. It may take me forever to actually beat it between working and school, but we shall see. Unless something changes, I can probably get an average of two hours a night until I'm done, so 14-ish hours a week isn't terrible.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quitely think about finally getting a PS4 after the semester because of this whole damn first quarter.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am all the way done with NieR so I guess it depends on how much meat Mass Effect has on its bones.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Captain_Insano

Having 2 young kids means I have a limited gaming schedule. Even when I get free time at night, I like to split my time (Netflix, reading, games), so I usually play an hour of games at most a night. I'm not as attentive and focused as I used to be. I'm playing through Nioh at the moment and have Horizon: Zero Dawn queued up ready to go. Persona 5 I will try to get to down the track. Too many games, too little time!

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually only have about an hour a day when I want to fit in other hobbies. Might stretch it to 2 for this. 5 hours roughly on weekends, depending on if I have plans.

Why did all the great, long games wait until I was out of college with a 9-5 job?!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's gonna be tough putting down ME: Andromeda after I have spent two weeks on it but I don't think anything will take my attention away from Persona 5. Good thing this is the last major came to come out that I'm interested in until maybe Red Dead Redemption 2 later this year (assuming it actually gets released).

lun49gameon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its gonna be tough because I don't want to juggle with playing more than two games at the same time. The stories will get all mixed up and that aint gonna be fun. I will probably be done with Yakuza Zero and will be spending time on Mass Effect. I had to make the difficult choice between Nier and Horizon and I chose the Guerilla made game to see how far they have evolved from their last game that I played. Its going to be a fun time with Persona 5 and the first one in the series i play.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Also Im really hoping to finish up Metal Geaar Solid 5 before P5 come out at mission 19 and 32 hours in I dunno if Im gunna be able to do it lol

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had some vacation time I needed to take so I'll have like 11 days with Persona 5 all to myself. Im just hoping I can finish Mass Effect before it comes out.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'm not playing Persona 5 at all until I've completed Mass Effect: Andromeda. If I tried to divide time between the two I definitely wouldn't enjoy either of them as much.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I work in a school and I have 2 weeks off for Easter break pretty close to the P5 release. A happy little co-incidence

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Probably an hour or two a night until I complete it. So probably 3-4 months of playing Persona 5 every night.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took that Thursday and Friday off from work and a friend is flying down to stay at my place and watch me play it. I've been waiting for this game for 6-7 years now, so it's pretty much going to be my entire life for a few weeks after it comes out.

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way I'll be done with Mass Effect by then, so I'll probably keep it in reserve for whenever this year's big gaming drought ends up happening. Probably mid summer, going by the current release calendar.

Totallywizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Totallywizard

My work is definitely going to suffer after Persona 5s release. I plan on having a pretty shitty sleep schedule for a while.

Here's to hoping I finish Nier before then.

Seitosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically I'm scrambling to finish everything before the release, both outstanding games and term end assignments, and then I'm dropping everything to spend time with it

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P5 all day, errday until it's done. I'm trying to mainline Nier right now, (I think) I'm about halfway through route B. If it ain't done by Persona Day, it's getting left behind for a bit.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AcidBrandon18

I just recently finished up Horizon and since I'll be skipping Mass Effect I'll probably be spending all of my time playing Persona 5 when it comes out. It'll be interesting since I haven't played a JRPG since Parasite Eve on PSOne. I did watch the Endurance run of P4 so I guess I'm basically an expert now.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK. I really want to play the new Prey game in early May so might wait until after that for Persona. I won't want to take a break in Persona and I don't to be spoiled for Prey when people discuss it.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No idea, but the game is the reason why I haven't gotten Nier and Yakuza yet, knowing that those games can take some time to finish.

Jibanyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got it pre-ordered but won't be able to actually play it until the end of the semester in early May, about a month after release. When I do actually get to play it, it'll be the thing that definitively takes up all of my time, but I'll also be able to go at my own pace due to having so much free time in the summer, so that won't be a problem.

Getting engrossed in a game like this means I probably won't leave the house for a while once it gets its hooks in me.

It's gonna be great.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I just did everything there is to do in Zelda a couple days ago, since then I've been working on Horizon. Once I'm done with that, I'll be playing For Honor until Persona 5 comes out, and then I will hole up in a bunker for the next 2-3 weeks while I do nothing but play Persona.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nux

I'm going to drop all the games I'm currently playing (Zelda and Horizion) and I'll spend as much of my free time as I can playing it.

Rodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

As I am currently on injured work leave and will continue to be past persona 5 launch im going to get pretty deep into it for a couple days and then get into a good rythem playing for a couple hours a day, but intill then i'll be playing neir and mabye mass effect if i have to time and inclination to.

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first couple weeks will be rough leading up to finals (student/employed full time) but before I know it I'll have evenings to myself and Persona. Looking forward to it.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've tried to clear my schedule, but next month is going to be literally the busiest I've been in a year. Sad, but I'll cut sleep to get through P5. Priorities.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By bybeach

Plenty of room, since I have absolutely no interest in P5. I have to admit, I did enjoy the ER for P4. There was something that genuinely connected with me to the characters and how they were portrayed, graphically and individual development. But P5 seems back to how they were in P3, at least in a relative way. From the trailers I have seen, I'm not feeling it.

I think I got what I needed. Way more interested in Yakuza.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna try and finish Nier before Persona, if im unsucessful in this, ill drop Nier till after i finish Persona (not a dig on Nier, game's fantastic, just super excited for Persona 5)

Shig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Shig

I'm still working on my BotW & Automata backlog to get to a place where I can focus on P5.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.