Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 05, 2014

A dungeon crawler-RPG with chibi-versions of characters from both Persona 3 and Persona 4 for the Nintendo 3DS. It is directed by Etrian Odyssey IV director, Daisuke Kanada.

Persona Q Fall 2014 release for NA confirmed

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Trailer just went up. Yeah, it's coming out in fall 2014 just like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mosespippy

Now I need to buy a 3DS. Congratulations Nintendo, I will finally own one of your products for the first time.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Personetrian Odyssey might be a game I would be interested in. This is good.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

God damn I am excited. Etrian Odyssey is awesome, and that coupled with some Persona craziness could be great.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By Justin258

@mosespippy: You mean Etrian Odyssey wasn't good enough!?

Everything I've heard about this game makes it sound like an EO game with a Persona skin. Hopefully that's exactly what it is.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That song is very close to the battle theme from the first Persona.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By mosespippy

@believer258: I've never had a reason to buy a DS because I could borrow my brother in law's for months at a time. He had a DS and I had a PSP. He works on an oil tanker and is at sea for two months at a time. Sometimes he'd bring his DS, other times he'd take my PSP and leave me his DS. I've played a good chunk of the DS library as a result.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've never played Etrian Odyssey so I don't really know what they mean by dungeon crawler in that style, but HELL YES, that's way sooner than I expected.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't know what to think of this game. I like Persona, and I like Etrian Odyssey, but I'm not so sure this will scratch either itch.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@theblue said:

I've never played Etrian Odyssey so I don't really know what they mean by dungeon crawler in that style, but HELL YES, that's way sooner than I expected.

Try out the demos of Etrian Odyssey on the eShop. People I know have been pretty split on the gameplay but I personally really enjoyed them.

futurstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ive never played a persona game but this looks cool, i like the what im seeing in the cutscenes and
    the polygonal stuff looks pretty good as well.
    trailer doesn't really explain to me what the game is, if its turn based, i could get into this!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive never played a persona game but this looks cool, i like the what im seeing in the cutscenes and

the polygonal stuff looks pretty good as well.

trailer doesn't really explain to me what the game is, if its turn based, i could get into this!

It's a turn based dungeon crawler. Now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing whether it's first person dungeon crawling or not.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

first person

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I've always been interested in the Etrian Odyssey games, but I've never dipped into them. Add Persona into the mix though, and I have no choice but to try it out.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By Justin258

@mosespippy said:

@believer258: I've never had a reason to buy a DS because I could borrow my brother in law's for months at a time. He had a DS and I had a PSP. He works on an oil tanker and is at sea for two months at a time. Sometimes he'd bring his DS, other times he'd take my PSP and leave me his DS. I've played a good chunk of the DS library as a result.

I was kinda just joking (and obnoxiously plugging a game series that I really loved).

EDIT: Also, I haven't actually seen any footage of this game that is in first person. Um... is everyone certain that this is supposed to be in first person?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zeik

first person

So basically Persona 1-ish? First person dungeon crawling with third person battles?

I wonder how well that will fly with the more recent Persona fans.

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By generic_username

Sweet. Something to help pull this Pokemon heroin needle out of my arm is very necessary for me right now.

Even though it's not going to be very Persona-like in gameplay, I'm still totally interested in seeing a story with all these characters, and it being on my handheld of choice is just another plus.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I am probably more excited for this than I am for P5. Not saying I'm proud of or okay with that, but I loved the shit out of the EO games that came out in 2013. Really glad the EO team is getting work and (seem) to be selling games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.