Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 05, 2014

A dungeon crawler-RPG with chibi-versions of characters from both Persona 3 and Persona 4 for the Nintendo 3DS. It is directed by Etrian Odyssey IV director, Daisuke Kanada.

Why am I so bad at this game?

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I have played every Persona and love them. I beat 4 twice if you count Golden and this was after watching the full Giantbomb play through back when it was new to the site.

I am officially 80 hour in and on floor 1. I keep getting stuck on the puzzles. I typically do not look at guides but holy hell I keep having to as I can't figure them out on my own and even when I get the answer I am like "wtf?".

I play on my nightly walks to help pass the time and I still have fun with my battles. I am level 62 now =/. When I used a guide to figure out how the hell i am supposed to keep my flame lit all I could think of in my mind was ok this needs to go from point A to B. An hour later the guide pointed out that no you go from point A to D to B.... I felt dumb but what really kicked me in the dick was the guy on the video was level 30. That's when I knew I must be the only person struggling this badly ><. I could lie and say I am collecting all the personas but nope I saceafice them so fast to level up that I don't even learn new ones :(

Did anyone else struggle this much? At this rate I'll probably be done kid 2018 :(

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am sorry I mean floor 1 of the 4th adventure.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't played much of it but I found it much more difficult than I was expecting, not very helpful perhaps but you aren't alone. Thinking I might start playing it again after this reminder so thanks.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a very hard game. The flame puzzles in the 4th dungeon are what made me stop playing when the game came out, so don't feel bad.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yeah that fourth dungeon gets excessive, from what I remember you have to explore everything on the floors before doing the carrying the flame thing usually. Your level honestly sounds about what I'd expect at that point in the game.

somamilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a game in the vain of the Etrian odyssey games which are a whole different beast than the main line persona games, as you've probably already experienced for yourself already. Your at the right level and don't be ashamed to look up a guide to help out on this to find the efficient way of doing it, as in my opinion you shouldn't hold yourself from havin' fun, but yeah explore and map the floor out well and then carry the flame.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks <3

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can totally understand why you had trouble with these flame puzzles, but I'm finding them extremely gratifying. I realize this is an old thread and you've probably finished this a long time ago, but I hope you ended up finding them as fun as I am.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.