Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 28, 2018

The sequel to the Etrian Odyssey-esque dungeon crawler spin-off of the Persona series. It'll feature the entire cast of Persona 3, 4 and 5, including 3's female protagonist.

TGS 2018: Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth Opening Animation, Gameplay Revealed

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Really digging the animation! I love the art style they've used here. And it's something of a dream come true for me personally to hear all three main singers from their respective games (plus Lotus Juice!) collaborating.

These are all fresh off a live stream Atlus held at Tokyo Game Show 2018, earlier today.

Here's some gameplay from the opening moments of the game. It's all in Japanese, but I think you'll get the gist, especially if you've played the first one.

And here's a very lengthy and tough fight against an FOE from later on in the game (fight starts at 9:40).

They also previewed some songs from the game, the latter four seem to be battle themes.

• 0:00 Cinematic Tale
    • 1:39 Invitation to Freedom (Persona 5)
    • 2:49 Remember, We Got Your Back (Persona 4)
    • 3:53 Wait and See (Persona 3)
    • 4:54 Pull the Trigger (Persona 3 Portable)

We were also shown the results to the character popularity poll that was held earlier this month, in which anyone with a Twitter account could vote.

The results may surprise you:

"The top 10 favorite characters who appear in Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth, voted by the fans, are the following:

1. Persona 3 Protagonist - 22,680 votes
    2. Persona 4 Protagonist - 9,460 votes
    3. Persona 3 Female Protagonist - 3,698 votes
    4. Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) - 2,932 votes
    5. Goro Akechi (Persona 5) - 2,805 votes
    6. Persona 5 Protagonist - 1,322 votes
    7. Ann Takamaki (Persona 5) - 741 votes
    8. Shinjiro Aragaki (Persona 3) - 669 votes
    9. Yusuke Kitagawa (Persona 5) - 609 votes
    10. Makoto Niijima (Persona 5) - 499 votes"

Full details on what went down during the stream, and what's been shown of the game at the show can be found at Persona Central who've done a great job of covering the event. Once again I'm just regurgitating what they've gathered, really. There's been some news around Catherine: Full Body as well, for those who might be interested: https://personacentral.com/tag/catherine-full-body/

Persona Q2 is coming out in Japan on November 29th, so in about two months. There's been no word on the Western release (that's surely happening) as of yet.

If I had to guess, we'll probably get a date or a time frame at the very least, around the time that the new Dancing games are released. When they were revealed, they were initially slated for early next year, but they've since been moved to December 4th, 2018.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.