Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona

Franchise »

Depicting occult practices, fey heroes, and demons crawling out of the woodwork, Persona is Atlus' largest, most successful, and most acclaimed franchise. Beginning as a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, the series developed a sizable following in the West after Persona 3, and expanded into non-JRPG genres after Persona 4.

Persona 5 ?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided
    As you may already know, a little while back Persona 4's producer, Katsura Hashino, revealed that the team responsible for Persona 4 split in two groups after developement, with each working on separate games. Hashino-san mention this in the final post at the Persona 3 Portable creator's Blog today.  

Hashino explains that one of the teams worked on Persona 3 Portable, (-he says that next year, he'll have to get to work with this team on a new project), while the other team, is working on a original new game which is now nearing completion. (-he expects this to be an "extremely interesting" game)

Hashino ends the blog post by making a vague reference to what appears to be an even bigger title.  He says that next year these two development teams will gradually merge to form one team working on "that" title.  

source:  Famitsu.com Google Translated Link
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By L33tfella_H

Man...I'm glad i got into SMT. I loved Persona 4, and going through Persona 3 and Devil Survivor on the DS, i realize i've been missing out.

I've always wondered, has there always been a dedicated team at Atlus who do SMT games, or is it just something spread around the whole workforce?

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3  Edited By Symphony
    @L33tfella_H said:
    " Man...I'm glad i got into SMT. I loved Persona 4, and going through Persona 3 and Devil Survivor on the DS, i realize i've been missing out.  I've always wondered, has there always been a dedicated team at Atlus who do SMT games, or is it just something spread around the whole workforce? "
    You can't say you're into SMT until you've played Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga! :P
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @Symphony: well....looks like i'm gonna have to go on amazon now!
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

It's gotta be Persona 5, It makes sense that the team responsible for Persona 4 would reform to work on that game. 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64
    InTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By InTheEnd

Great, it'll be interesting to see what comes out before they merge again. I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say they're going to do P5. I mean wasn't P4 one of the more successful titles in the SMT series?

Avatar image for crombiethezombie
    CrombieTheZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CrombieTheZombie
    @L33tfella_H said:
    " I've always wondered, has there always been a dedicated team at Atlus who do SMT games, or is it just something spread around the whole workforce? "
    Basically, the MegaTen games were handled by one team (R&D1) until around the time Digital Devil Saga/DDS 2 came out (I forget exactly when). Then the team split into two, with Katsura Hashino's team going on to make the first Trauma Center and Persona 3 upwards, and Kazuma Kaneko's team (The guy who does the demon/persona art. Also does the character designs in his team's games) went on to make the Raidou games, and Strange Journey. Devil Survivor had some of the Growlanser team on board though, probably for their SRPG experience. It was about half Growlanser staff half MegaTen staff IIRC. Can't remember who did the Persona 1 port to PSP though.
    Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Cerza

My money is on it being either Persona 5 or the next numbered SMT game. In either case this is good news.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Venatio

Persona 5 is a game that I really hope gets made for the PS3, it could be so awesome 

But damn its gonna be a long time before that happens if at all :(

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By maxszy

I read about this on Joystiq this morning, definitely seems like a Persona 5 is in the works to me. And the fact that it is supposedly even bigger than the last, is just insane. I can't wait though, I really hope it is P5. Its going to be great! 

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Cerza
    @gakon5 said:
    " @Cerza said:
    " My money is on it being either Persona 5 or the next numbered SMT game. In either case this is good news. "
    The next mainline SMT game is Strange Journey on the DS.  It isn't called SMT IV, but it's been established by Atlus that this is the next one after Nocturne. "
    Oh God! I thought Strange Journey being SMT IV was a bad joke. The fact that it's not makes me a really sad panda.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By demontium

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.