Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona

Franchise »

Depicting occult practices, fey heroes, and demons crawling out of the woodwork, Persona is Atlus' largest, most successful, and most acclaimed franchise. Beginning as a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, the series developed a sizable following in the West after Persona 3, and expanded into non-JRPG genres after Persona 4.

Persona series PSN sale (50% off, North America)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I realized that they cut the price off of Persona games on PSN by 50% from this NeoGAF thread, so I thought I'd give you guys a heads up for anyone interested. All of these can be played on the Vita with the exception of FES.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin (now: $14.99 original price: $29.99)

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3: FES (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)

I already own all of them and have played them on my Vita, but I only own the disc version of FES so I might as well get the downloadable version for the PS3.

When Persona 4 Golden releases later this month, there'll only be one gaping hole before all mainline Persona games can be played on the Vita in North America... Hopefully Atlus will rectify that.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

@FluxWaveZ: Are the first two persona games worth playing? As a recent convert to the franchise I have only touched 3 and 4 and this is tempting to say the least

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Nightriff: Aside from the relatively high encounter rate, Persona 2 is an amazing experience. The experience was made all the more memorable by first playing Persona 1 before P2 because there are some pretty significant references and cameos in Persona 2 to Persona 1, but P1 can be a real frustrating experience if one isn't patient and the characters are probably the worst in the series (they're okay, though, might just appear unmemorable because of the game's presentation). I'd definitely recommend Persona 2: Innocent Sin and, if you are truly devoted to the series and want to see where it all started and understand some references that were made in future games, you should play P1 as well.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nightriff

@FluxWaveZ: I come to these games for the story and so if you say they are worth it to play (at least 2) I'll probably pick them up, 50% is just too tempting to pass up

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Nightriff: To get to the story in P1, though, you really have to trudge through a lot of what I think many would currently believe to be frustrating gameplay. I was okay with it, but sometimes I just wanted to move on in a dungeon and the stupidly high random encounter rate got on my nerves. I'd say that P1's story is the weakest (I haven't actually experienced all of it since I landed a bad ending), but I still enjoyed it.

I'm just saying that you might not be too into Persona 1, so being aware that it's a real oldschool, dungeon crawler is important. Might still be worth getting for 50% off, but if it's a choice between P1 and P2, P2 wins hands down.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Nightriff said:

@FluxWaveZ: Are the first two persona games worth playing?

The first one isn't, but Innocent Sin is pretty damn good. I don't know about Eternal Punishment, but apparently, that's not on sale, so it doesn't matter too much.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Nice! I just saved $35!

Now to upgrade to a Vita and get Golden...

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@FluxWaveZ: I'm half way through the game (Persona 1) and have tried to pick it up again twice but those random battles are sooo annoying. In your honest opinion, should I just skip it?

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By GabrielCantor

Oh cool. Just got a Vita and was planning on buying these for it. Only probably won't get FES since I'm currently playing through the disc version, and who knows when I'd want to play exactly that again, since at least portable can be a little different.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@IrrelevantJohn: If you're half way through (game's about 28 hours) and don't feel compelled to continue through it, then I'd say you should probably skip it. It's hard for me to recommend doing that since my goal was to finish the game no matter how tedious it would get, but there isn't some amazing payoff or revolution at some point in the game aside from learning what's behind all of the weird stuff going on in the world, if that's what you're waiting for.

Learning the meaning of "Erusaer Tsymmom" blew my mind, though.

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By punisherkaos

any idea how long this will last? id love to have every persona game on my vita

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@FluxWaveZ: Thanks. I guess I'll just skip it. Hopefully Persona 2 will be better.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@punisherkaos said:

any idea how long this will last? id love to have every persona game on my vita

I don't know. The similar sale a few months ago lasted about a month, so this might be the same time frame. Might even be something weird like until the Persona 4 Golden launch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.