Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona

Franchise »

Depicting occult practices, fey heroes, and demons crawling out of the woodwork, Persona is Atlus' largest, most successful, and most acclaimed franchise. Beginning as a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, the series developed a sizable following in the West after Persona 3, and expanded into non-JRPG genres after Persona 4.

The Countdown Has Started (ends Nov. 24 at 6:00 AM EST)

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

If it's focus is on Persona 3 and Persona 4 characters then I hope it's called something other than Persona 5.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I feel like Atlus is gearing up for the ultimate troll.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah I can't shake this feeling it is going to be a Persona 5 anime or Catherine 2 on iOS.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

As a TWEWY fan, I wish you all the best of luck.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#155  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@extomar said:

Yeah I can't shake this feeling it is going to be a Persona 5 anime or Catherine 2 on iOS.

First off, it's not an iOS game 'cause the CERO rating disproved that. Following that logic, we also know that it's an actual video game.

Also, this would be one hell of a troll that would have required a lot of time, effort and money given that:

• They built a website a couple of months ago for it.
    • They hosted a 72 hour live stream for it complete with a few original in-game scenes, original voice acting and three teaser videos.
    • They probably paid advertising money to have the reveal displayed on eight public big screen televisions in Japan at 8:00 PM on a Sunday.
    • They organized and are advertising a post-reveal live stream with a voice actress.
    ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't believe any of you that say you don't want it star Persona 3 and 4 and characters. You may prefer a new cast, but you will play and probably love a Persona 5 starring all established characters.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe any of you that say you don't want it star Persona 3 and 4 and characters. You may prefer a new cast, but you will play and probably love a Persona 5 starring all established characters.

I don't want it to star characters from P3 and P4. I will play a Persona 5 regardless of anything, but enough with these previously established characters. It would show a considerable amount of weakness on the part of Atlus to lower themselves to appease to the fans so badly by not only doing what they did with P4A as the direct sequel to P4 (which was fine), but by furthering it by making a sequel just starring characters that fans want to see more of.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#158  Edited By donutfever

@ll_exile_ll said:

I'll play it, but I will definitely be WAY less excited if it isn't a new cast in premise. Even if it's a new cast, it would be disappointing if it was about The Dark Hour or The Midnight Channel again.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#159  Edited By Brake

I refuse to get excited about teasers. I've been hurt too many times. You can't countdown to my heart anymore, you fuckers!

Anyway, hopefully it's Persona 5.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anybody catch what Yu said on the stream?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing important. Characters pop up at random times with choice words like Chie saying that she's hungry or stuff like that.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By chroipahtz

@fluxwavez said:

@donutfever said:

Nothing important. Characters pop up at random times with choice words like Chie saying that she's hungry or stuff like that.

As a Chie fan, that sounds incredibly important. Someone get that girl some steak.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Superkenon

It's almost worrisome how much P3/4 stuff there is leading up to this reveal (including the whole Midnight Channel angle).

Then again, it's not like they could tease it with "P5 Characters".

EDIT: Don't get me wrong. This has been a pretty interesting tease event, haha.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#165  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@j0lter said:

I need to see a persona 5 announcement NOW. Also, there have been rumors of persona 4 vol. 2 because the actress that plays nanako listed it on her list of games done

I haven't seen the list in question, but it seems like something that could have been referring to any number of things, including Persona 4: Golden or P4 Arena 2.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They really are going all out to announce Persona 4 DLC for Sonic and Mario at the Winter Olympics

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By donutfever
    No Caption Provided

Another set of symbols.

Looks like the streamer got kicked from Nico Nico.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By FluxWaveZ

What are you talking about? Atlus is streaming this themselves and they're still on-air.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez said:

@donutfever said:

What are you talking about? Atlus is streaming this themselves and they're still on-air.

Err, not the streamer. I'm a moron. The Twitch account.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Oh yeah, apparently the one restreaming it did indeed get kicked out in favor of a Premium Member. Unfortunate. I have a feeling that things might get dicey if one wants to see the reveal live when the time comes.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donutfever said:

Oh yeah, apparently the one restreaming it did indeed get kicked out in favor of a Premium Member. Unfortunate. I have a feeling that things might get dicey if one wants to see the reveal live when the time comes.

And when is that?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By FluxWaveZ

And when is that?

As indicated in the image in the OP: November 24 at 8:00 PM JST, which is November 24 at 6:00 AM EST.

Guess I might need to specify that in the OP if it isn't obvious.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donutfever said:

yeah got kicked out as well... And now I can not get in... I don't think i will be able to watch it on nico...

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So, nothing has happened since my last visit here on friday?

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Sorry if you've already linked to it, but here's a new unofficial stream that works.

http://www.twitch.tv/smartjason

Yeah, I linked to it a few minutes ago, but thanks.

From what I gather: Users cannot get kicked out of Nico Nico if they are already watching a stream, though if viewership has grown too large and one who is not a Premium Member closes the stream and attempts to re-enter it, they will be refused entry.

NeoGAF user by the name of pan-hime claims to be a Nico Nico Premium Member and will be re-streaming the reveal stream when the time comes, but if one wants to guarantee seeing it live, it might be a good idea to get in the stream and leave it on until it happens.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So how long until this thing goes down? Seems like you guys have been counting down all week.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So how long until this thing goes down? Seems like you guys have been counting down all week.

Don't stop believin'

Hold on to that feelin'

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#179  Edited By pekoe212

@ttthrasher Yup you're right. They're playing P1 music now too, so...definitely not the stream.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pekoe212: I think the music was the twitch streamer's addition, not actually on the niconico stream.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think this is related, but who knows.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Darji

@fluxwavez: No you can get kicked of. I was just again kicked of the stream. Justin TV back then had something like that too. IT is really annoying but I guess it makes sense for a premium service.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pekoe212: There is no music in the actual stream; it's added by the re-streamer.

@darji said:

@fluxwavez: No you can get kicked of. I was just again kicked of the stream. Justin TV back then had something like that too. IT is really annoying but I guess it makes sense for a premium service.

Alright, well at least it's good to know one can still get kicked out if they're in the stream. Hopefully, the Premium Member re-streamer pulls through.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#185  Edited By Hunter5024

@demoskinos said:

I believe the real announcement is 8 o clock in Japan on Sunday night. So about 11 hours from now I think?

Agh! Of all the days to be working an overnight, why did it have to be this one!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HYPE!!!

or not, I don't know... please, Atlus, don't fuck this up. You've had 6 years. Just make a good sequel to Persona 4 without any bullshit ok?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pekoe212: There is no music in the actual stream; it's added by the re-streamer.

@darji said:

Alright, well at least it's good to know one can still get kicked out if they're in the stream. Hopefully, the Premium Member re-streamer pulls through.

If he is a premium member he will nto kicked off and can stream yeah. So I guess I will bet on that channel^^

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Seems like Jeff's tuning in, at least for now.

Six more hours...

Edit Oh wow, posted at the same time, heh.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Six hours... Huh. Should I set my alarm? Nah, we'll know if I want this hard enough if I wake up naturally at 5:55 to check it out.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Aegon

@toowalrus said:

Six hours... Huh. Should I set my alarm? Nah, we'll know if I want this hard enough if I wake up naturally at 5:55 to check it out.

Yeah, I'm not staying up that late and I doubt I'll somehow wake up a few hours after falling asleep.

Hopefully I don't wake up to a bunch of people groaning, bitching, and being very disappointed.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

fine i'll stay up till 3:00am.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Aegon

@bigjeffrey said:

fine i'll stay up till 3:00am.

Friggin West coaster....damn.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I'm having this debate with myself right now also. I really really wanna see it live, but I need to write a 10 page paper tomorrow and need some sleep. This is the most important decision of my life haha

Kazzenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fully believe the new Persona is going to just be a combination of P3 and P4 characters in a new setting, I can't see a brand new cast of characters happening and if it somehow does I still think we'll see the old characters in important roles.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Zeik

@kazzenn said:

I fully believe the new Persona is going to just be a combination of P3 and P4 characters in a new setting, I can't see a brand new cast of characters happening and if it somehow does I still think we'll see the old characters in important roles.

Why can't you see that? That's how the series has always worked, and frankly how it should work. I could see them do something like P2 where the older characters play a temporary important role to help the new characters with something, but I sure hope they're not the focal point. I feel like some people fail to realize that P4's characters (or P3, or P2) would not exist at all if they had just stuck to the previous cast of characters. The reason we got great games like those is because they didn't just play it safe.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I'm real excited to possibly hear more about a new persona game. I'm somewhat indifferent on the whole new cast/returning cast though. Narratively, I don't care if they go either way. A new game making iterative improvements on the Persona formula would be fine in my book. I just can't shake the feeling that people are going to get really mad regardless of what they announce. I hope I'm wrong.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Zeik

@themanwithnoplan said:

I'm real excited to possibly hear more about a new persona game. I'm somewhat indifferent on the whole new cast/returning cast though. Narratively, I don't care if they go either way. A new game making iterative improvements on the Persona formula would be fine in my book. I just can't shake the feeling that people are going to get really mad regardless of what they announce. I hope I'm wrong.

Probably. I know I'll be annoyed if they keep the same cast, but there's always people who complain when they first see something new. But the latter is usually resolved once the game actually comes out and people grow attached to the new characters rather than just superficially comparing them to the old ones.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Superkenon

Did we get another midnight channel event, or was that the last one?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@superkenon said:

Did we get another midnight channel event, or was that the last one?

Everything is according to JST, so midnight channel event #3 already occurred at 10 AM EST yesterday. The countdown will have ended by 10 AM EST today, so there won't be anymore of those events.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.