Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona

Franchise »

Depicting occult practices, fey heroes, and demons crawling out of the woodwork, Persona is Atlus' largest, most successful, and most acclaimed franchise. Beginning as a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, the series developed a sizable following in the West after Persona 3, and expanded into non-JRPG genres after Persona 4.

What year is persona 1 and persona 2 in?

icybankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know that persona 3 is 2009/2010 and persona 4 is 2011/2012. So when did persona 1 and 2 events take place?

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By coakroach

The year they came out... I think?

So 1996 and 1999 respectively.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Fourth guy on this page really gets into it...

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I don't think they are even canon with Persona 3 and 4. I think Persona 2 is a video game in Persona 3.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@sethphotopoulos: Yeah, but Bare Knuckle is an arcade machine in Streets of Rage 2. You can literally play Maniac Mansion in Day of the Tentacle...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't think they are even canon with Persona 3 and 4. I think Persona 2 is a video game in Persona 3.

I'm pretty sure I've seen chatter that the mystery antagonist in Persona 4: Arena somehow ties into the events of the early Persona games.

But I haven't played them myself, so I can't be sure.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sethphotopoulos: Sorry, also, in this thread, users (who are actually knowledgeable, unlike me) seemed to have that figured out. Like, on the subject of Persona 2 being a video game in Persona 3, @hailinel said:

The names Tatsuya and Maya were only used in the English localization. In the original Japanese, they're named N-jima and Y-ko, for Akemi Nakajima and Yumiko Shirasagi. Also, @YI_Orange is correct; Persona 3 does make a reference to the Nanjo Group. There is absolutely nothing preventing P3 and P4 from existing in the same universe as P1 and P2.

Man, I've got a Vita loaded with the early Persona games right in front of me, I wish I could work up the nerve to play through them.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

nah. Many of the Persona 2 and 1 characters show up on a talk show that you watch on the television in Persona 3.

Also, as was said, strong argument (not confirmed) that the main antagonist in P4:A is nyarlathotep who was the main bad guy in Persona 2.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zeik

@sethphotopoulos said:

The developers have confirmed they are all in the same world. Well, except Innocent Sin, for spoiler reasons.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Kirijo group being part of the Nanjo group before they split up is a big example that hasn't been mentioned.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Hunter5024

If these are really all set in the same world, then people are acting a little too normal considering insane shit has happened repeatedly over the last decade and a half.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If these are really all set in the same world, then people are acting a little too normal considering insane shit has happened repeatedly over the last decade and a half.

What do you mean?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I still ascribe to the belief that every video game takes place in the Animus. Because Templars and/or nanomachines.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

well, technically only one part of persona 1 and persona 2: eternal punishment happened, if I remember right (you have to choose between main quest and snow queen for persona 1 iirc). Also If...

I mean, fuck, most people remember from persona 3 is... what? a weird string of super depressed people? and persona 4 just had a string of really weird fog and 3 murders, which were solved

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hunter5024

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, did everyones memory get wiped at the end of Persona 3, or was that just in the lame ending?

(Notifications still aren't working for me)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, did everyones memory get wiped at the end of Persona 3, or was that just in the lame ending?

No one loses their memory in the true ending of Persona 3.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

You're thinking of the bad ending. Everyone forgets in exchange for the immediate danger passing, and they all go sing karaoke in blissful ignorance that the world will eventually get fucked at some point.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So everyone should remember being awake during the dark hour as an apocalypse happens right?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

So everyone should remember being awake during the dark hour as an apocalypse happens right?

The rest of the world doesn't remember, but the members of SEES only temporarily lose their memories of the Dark Hour and everything associated with it in the time between the final battle and the actual epilogue.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@hunter5024 said:

The rest of the world doesn't remember, but the members of SEES only temporarily lose their memories of the Dark Hour and everything associated with it in the time between the final battle and the actual epilogue.

Okay so I was misremembering. It's been a few years.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.