Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Online 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 04, 2012

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a Japanese free-to-play online action-RPG which was released for PC in July 2012, and Vita in Feb 2013. The game was finally announced for a US release during E3 2019, for Xbox One and PC in 2020.

Installer?

Neezie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jeff mentioned in a recent bombcast about a installer for PSO2 that also installs the English patch. Does anyone know which client it was? I've poked around online and found a few I'm not too sure of.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Turambar

PSO2 Tweaker I believe.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

@turambar said:

PSO2 Tweaker I believe.

You got it!

@neezie This is the resource I used to get PSO2 installed and working:

http://arks-layer.com/setup.php

However, I ended up opting to use the torrent to download the rather large PSO2 client and then used the tweaker to patch things. Direct downloads were a bit slow.

Neezie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mike

@neezie: no problem dude. If you run into any snags when installing this thing and can't figure it out, ask me, I may be able to help. It took me a bit to get things working. Also keep in mind that I don't think this is working on Windows 10 at all yet, so if you have already upgraded you may be out of luck. (Forget this part, Jeff says it's working now! Great news.)

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@Mike said:

@neezie: no problem dude. If you run into any snags when installing this thing and can't figure it out, ask me, I may be able to help. It took me a bit to get things working. Also keep in mind that I don't think this is working on Windows 10 at all yet, so if you have already upgraded you may be out of luck.

It's been fine for me on the final, released version of Windows 10.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I downloaded the installer but when I try to connect to the beginner server it takes about 30 seconds and then I get an error saying that I cannot connect. I have tried this on multiple occasions thinking at first that the server might be down but now I realize that it is likely a problem with me. Does anyone have any fix or reason as to why this is happening?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mike

@jeff: Oh great! Those PSO2 Tweaker guys are on the ball. (Or maybe Microsoft is on the ball?)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shaunk: Did you look through the options for the PSO2 Proxy in the settings menu of the Tweaker?

Amikron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will confirm what Jeff states about windows 10 on PSO2. Having 0 problems on my end. Final release as well.

Neezie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike: I'm struggling a bit with the captcha. Would you know what I should enter for this?

No Caption Provided

Amikron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Amikron
    Neezie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mike

@neezie: I used that extension to help me with the Captcha, too. It still took me three or four tries to finally get it though. Just take your time, you'll eventually nail it.

The Japanese Captcha was the most difficult part of the entire installation process! As if English Captchas weren't difficult enough...

megabite10164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

Yeah. With Tweaker it's almost just as easy to sign up and play this game than any other MMORPG.

It's also worth pointing out that the launcher handles a lot of the graphical options which you will access by clicking on the circle on the Tweeker. I spent way too much time trying to figure out how to do it in game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.