Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Online 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 04, 2012

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a Japanese free-to-play online action-RPG which was released for PC in July 2012, and Vita in Feb 2013. The game was finally announced for a US release during E3 2019, for Xbox One and PC in 2020.

On the absurdity and acrobatics of gunners

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Turambar

After hitting lv 30 with my ranger, I was pretty excited to switch to the newly unlocked gunner class. At first, I was definitely hit with some amount of disappointment due to how differently it played. It might be called gunners, but it's very much a close range, near melee class, particularly when you take a look at the range and animation of much of the photon arts for twin mech guns. But then I stumbled upon this little video. All I have to say is, I am all the way on board, holy shit. If this game comes out on the VITA here in the US, I might just drop the giant wad of cash and get one.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That video put Final Fantasy fight scenes to shame. She didn't touch the ground once after the fight started.

Gonna be honest though, nothing about that seemed all that impressive aside from flying and constantly repeating the same line. Seemed like two (or perhaps there was a third hidden in there) photon arts used over and over again. Maybe my untrained eyes are missing the true brilliance but... yeah.

Also, Sega needs to hurry the eff up and get this game an English release. It was hard to convince friends to go through the process of signing up and then having me guide them through menus using Skype's share screen function.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superwristbands: Weak bullet, bullet squall, that dash move which I don't recognize, and I think I saw twin satellite in there. I need to emphasize that that staying up in the air like that is not easy to do, and the speed at which the guy got off the weak bullet shot, then switched out to twin mech guns is some SC2 apm level shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.