Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Universe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 24, 2006

Phantasy Star Universe tells the story of a Guardian named Ethan Waber who is on a mission to save his sister and stop a mysterious life form known as the SEED.

Phantasy Star Universe Xbox 360 Gets An Update

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

Somewhere on an Internet message board, a person is exposingSega as a publisher that has abandoned the console versions of Aliens vs. Predator. And while I'm sure there's at least one dude out there still jawing about the PS2 and PC versions of Phantasy Star Universe being shut down, no-one should be typing up a storm about a lack of support of the Xbox 360 version of the game. A massive title update for the MMO has been released that delivers not only content, but also tweaks.

The update, which is being called Guardians Advanced Content, isn't the usual band-aid that addresses notorious bugs. Rather, it introduces a variety of new weapons, outfits, missions, and items on top of advanced customization options, new photon arts, skill tweaks, and much freer messaging. It's a Godzilla-sized patch and appears to be Sonic Team's digital swan song for the 2006 release. 

No Caption Provided

== TEASER ==Guardians Advanced Content requires the Ambition of Illuminus expansion pack, a bit of content that sports its own new armors, abilities, weapons, and weapons. The pack, which at one point was 1600 Microsoft Banana Dollars, was made free last month.

Sega notes on the official PSU website that owners with Ambition will need to delete their original version and then re-download it to use this patch. The same post also advises users to "check out the all-new Resident Security Department on the 3rd floor of Clyez City!" I wonder what's going on there.    
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

Somewhere on an Internet message board, a person is exposingSega as a publisher that has abandoned the console versions of Aliens vs. Predator. And while I'm sure there's at least one dude out there still jawing about the PS2 and PC versions of Phantasy Star Universe being shut down, no-one should be typing up a storm about a lack of support of the Xbox 360 version of the game. A massive title update for the MMO has been released that delivers not only content, but also tweaks.

The update, which is being called Guardians Advanced Content, isn't the usual band-aid that addresses notorious bugs. Rather, it introduces a variety of new weapons, outfits, missions, and items on top of advanced customization options, new photon arts, skill tweaks, and much freer messaging. It's a Godzilla-sized patch and appears to be Sonic Team's digital swan song for the 2006 release. 

No Caption Provided

== TEASER ==Guardians Advanced Content requires the Ambition of Illuminus expansion pack, a bit of content that sports its own new armors, abilities, weapons, and weapons. The pack, which at one point was 1600 Microsoft Banana Dollars, was made free last month.

Sega notes on the official PSU website that owners with Ambition will need to delete their original version and then re-download it to use this patch. The same post also advises users to "check out the all-new Resident Security Department on the 3rd floor of Clyez City!" I wonder what's going on there.    
    GrocersPride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By GrocersPride

Really? neat!

I didn't play past beating it and getting the 1000 points in the week that it came out, but it's cool that Sega is throwing one final patch at us.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

Almost got to ruin someone's day.

TigerDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TigerDX

Weapons, and weapons!

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By dagas

If only it was free to play like PSO on Dreamcast. Who wants to pay a monthly fee for this?

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There's a Phantasy Star game for the 360? I haven't heard that series mentioned since the Dreamcast era.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By scarace360

people still play this. Did they ever play this?

ItsAJackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ItsAJackal

Does this still have a monthly fee attached to it?

Philva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Philva

The 360 version ruined my memories of the Dreamcast days... Don't get me wrong the 360 version was alright, just not up to par with its predecessor.

Veriwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Veriwind
    @President_Barackbar: I second that, I haven't heard of the PSO mentioned since the dreamcast days.
    Stubee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stubee

Its funny that a lot of people still play the Demo on the 360...weird.......

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By crusader8463

Like any sane person I loved me some of this game on the Dreamcast back in the day, but when they asked for a monthly fee I couldn't play it anymore and have never been able to get back into it since. I love the game, but it's not worth a monthly subscription to play it.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zityz

Makes me happy to know some people still care about PSU. I enjoyed playing the PC version back in the day but the damn game was always empty.
    MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By MjHealy

What do you mean about Sega dropping support on AvP? Had they planned to do some DLC and then  did theynever release any of it?

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Driadon
    @President_Barackbar: Wow, there's been a lot that has come out since then. Episodes 1 and 2 were re-released on the original Xbox and Gamecube and there was a DS game, Phantasy Star Zero, that came out just last year.
    Kenshiro28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kenshiro28
    @MjHealy:  yeah, there was supposed to be some patches and such but it's been revealed that Sega has canceled everything forever.
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Supermarius
    @Philva said:
    " The 360 version ruined my memories of the Dreamcast days... Don't get me wrong the 360 version was alright, just not up to par with its predecessor. "
    shouldn't that make your memories of the Dreamcast era even better?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoo, my Godzilla page got linked!

rav2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rav2002
    @MjHealy:  If you are talking about Alien Vs Predator, then I could have sworn I had seen a little DLC pack for it on the marketplace not to long ago. 

As for PSU, I had forgotten that still existed in the world, wow. I tried the demo way back when and never really could get into it. I stuck with FF XI on 360 for a while and then dove into the madness that is WoW for a few years.
    Curval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Curval

I was a big PSO fan.  I played the hell out of the Dreamcast and the original Xbox versions of it.  I tried PSU and I just didn't think it felt the same.  I would love to see PSO put out on XBLA or the PSN, that would be cool.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#21  Edited By MeatSim

People are still playing this game?

Blueblur1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blueblur1

I just updated the wiki page with more info on the new update.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.