Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantom Dust

Game » consists of 0 releases.

A reimagining of the unique action strategy game heavily inspired by collectible trading card games. The game will feature a extensive 30+ hour JRPG campaign that retells the original story.

What is Phantom Dust to you?

• 59 results
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

Poll What is Phantom Dust to you? (277 votes)

I played it and LOVED it 9%
    I played it and enjoyed it 7%
    I played it but didn't care for it 1%
    I played it and HATED it 0%
    I never played it but was interested 12%
    I never played it and wasn't interested 10%
    What the pup is Phantom Dust? 60%

Now that the crazy out-of-left-field rumor has proven true, I'm curious to know just how many people have a history with Phantom Dust, that obscure combat arena deck building Japanese post-apocalyptic action game that came out for the original Xbox like a billion years ago. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the reason I bought the Xbox and, now that it's been announced for the XBOne, I am actually considering buying a One just for this game. We'll have to wait and see just how much of an HD remake it is and whether they decide to muck it all up with poorly implemented F2P nonsense, but man, I fucking LOVED that game. And I don't think anyone else I know has even heard of it.

• 
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@icil said:

@jakob187 said:

Can't wait to see a new one. It's such an obscure thing to announce at such a big event, let alone even revive. I want to know the story behind all that.

Totally caught my by surprise man, to have an idea like that go all the way up the Microsoft chain and lead to funding?? Whoever spearheaded that is my hero.

My guess goes entirely to Phil Spencer. Or a mix of him and Ken Lobb, since he presented it.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

One of my most favorite games of all time. I still play OG PD to this day.

I'm kinda actually shocked most people here don't even know of the game. Its a cult-hit and I think it was featured back in the day on a Game Informer magazine. I think that's where I heard of it first then researched online. Great decision on my part. It has absolutely shaped the way I think of video games.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never heard of it but it seems alright from what Patrick was saying about it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Kind of a surprising get for MS. Although kind of awesome. Its a testament to how many people largely ignored the Xbox though. A bunch of hidden gems on that system that alot of people have never played.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Loading Video...

After looking at this vid. I do have some memory of phantom dust. I only had a ps2 at the time, but I seen this gameplay before on previews. It looks interesting.

Phreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Phreaker

Played it, loved it, got obsessed with it. There is and has been nothing like it. The game could be huge if done right and supported this time. I am more excited about this game than anything else announced by a country mile.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Phantom Dust? The new character from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure right?

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

@icil said:

@jakob187 said:

Can't wait to see a new one. It's such an obscure thing to announce at such a big event, let alone even revive. I want to know the story behind all that.

Totally caught my by surprise man, to have an idea like that go all the way up the Microsoft chain and lead to funding?? Whoever spearheaded that is my hero.

My guess goes entirely to Phil Spencer. Or a mix of him and Ken Lobb, since he presented it.

My heroes!! You could kinda tell that Ken was super excited to reveal the trailer (or maybe that was just good acting). He said "good design" was how they choose which game to remake, that made me giddy.

So happy to see all the superfans in here - this game really was such a huge impact in my life and in video game culture in general, just given the context:

• One of the first original XBox games to have some serious environment destruction (model swaps before model swaps were cool)
    • Came out right around the time of Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds, which is a game that began with the same idea but executed poorly. Phantom Dust came around and totally reenergized me on the card-game-as-action concept.
    • 20$ at launch! I wanted to buy it simply because it was one of the cheapest used games at my local store

Somehow I like to think these two guys knew our love and how bottled it was. I'm so happy ;_;

Moonlight Sonata in the lobby room, please bring that back again!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.