Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phil Fish

Person » credited in 5 games

A French Canadian game designer and the co-founder of Polytron Corporation.

About Phil Fish

• 158 results
    Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@turambar said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@turambar said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@turambar said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@turambar: Well that's surprising since it seems to be the most popular western game in Japan after COD. And Japanese games have been around more than a decade lol. But please go on because alot of those games you mentioned are last gen, so I would genuinely like to know what I have been missing out on this gen.

My comment is on the idea of "good Japanese games this generation." Also, feel free to define what is last gen, what is this gen, and what games gets disqualified as a result from the above list.

For example Persona, I'm guessing your talking about 3 and 4 that came out on the PS2 = Last Gen

So only what system it was released for matters. In that case, P4 easily fits current gen due to being on the Vita and P3 due to being on the PSP.

Then does FFX count as a next gen title because it's on the PSP Vita now? I get what you are saying with P4 though they did add alot of new content.

They added far more content for P3 on the PSP than P4 on the Vita. Also no, one actually has significantly more content, the other is apparently a port and not much more. A better comparison would be the FF3 and FF4 remakes for the DS, and yes, I would consider them current gen games.

I would consider DS and PSP last gen.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By Turambar

@bourbon_warrior said:

@turambar said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@turambar said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@turambar said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@turambar: Well that's surprising since it seems to be the most popular western game in Japan after COD. And Japanese games have been around more than a decade lol. But please go on because alot of those games you mentioned are last gen, so I would genuinely like to know what I have been missing out on this gen.

My comment is on the idea of "good Japanese games this generation." Also, feel free to define what is last gen, what is this gen, and what games gets disqualified as a result from the above list.

For example Persona, I'm guessing your talking about 3 and 4 that came out on the PS2 = Last Gen

So only what system it was released for matters. In that case, P4 easily fits current gen due to being on the Vita and P3 due to being on the PSP.

Then does FFX count as a next gen title because it's on the PSP Vita now? I get what you are saying with P4 though they did add alot of new content.

They added far more content for P3 on the PSP than P4 on the Vita. Also no, one actually has significantly more content, the other is apparently a port and not much more. A better comparison would be the FF3 and FF4 remakes for the DS, and yes, I would consider them current gen games.

Games that came out at the same time as PS3 and 360 games are last gen. Gotcha.

It also warrants nothing that the entire idea of basing what generation a game is from on its device, not its date of development, and then turn around and say current gen Japanese games suck when both "current" and "last" gen games are created by the same developers pretty much concurrently makes this entire conversation bullshit. I suggest you get your arguments in line before responding.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@turambar said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@turambar said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@turambar said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@turambar said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

It also warrants nothing that the entire idea of basing what generation a game is from on its device, not its date of development, and then turn around and say current gen Japanese games suck when both "current" and "last" gen games are created by the same developers pretty much concurrently makes this entire conversation bullshit. I suggest you get your arguments in line before responding.

I'm not bashing, just saying Japanese game's don't really interest me anymore which is sad considered they were the games I loved last generation. I feel they just haven't really innovated any new ideas this generation of consoles.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@turambar said:

I'm not bashing, just saying Japanese game's don't really interest me anymore which is sad considered they were the games I loved last generation. I feel they just haven't really innovated any new ideas this generation of consoles.

That, then, has nothing to do with which console a game was released on, and everything to do with the chronological time period that the game was released, making your decision to omit DS and PSP games despite their development after the release of current gen consoles to be very inconsistent with your actual point. And on that, I would question what actual innovation was carried out by the western games you went to lengths to list. We aren't mixing well produced and well liked with innovative, are we?

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

@levio said:

He lied to people about never planning to release it to PC just so he could tempt more people to get it on XBL. That's an asshole thing to do.

Edit: Forgot to mention he mocked PC gaming in the process. Yes, he mocked PC gaming 1 year before releasing his game on PC.

Jesus, get over it, people. Oh, he talked some trash? ...SO? It's not like he's running for president; he's allowed to speak his mind and perhaps misspeak once or twice. He made a game--by all accounts a good one--and now he's letting more people play it. God, he's the devil.

Stop being so sensitive. Buy the games you're interested in and stop worrying so god damn much about the peripheral BS. Christ.

I feel like this lords-name-in-vain-filled rant was suitable considering today's Easter. You're all welcome.

If you were a girl, you would probably sleep with the biggest asshole you could and wonder why he treats you so bad.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@levio said:

@jjweatherman said:

@levio said:

He lied to people about never planning to release it to PC just so he could tempt more people to get it on XBL. That's an asshole thing to do.

Edit: Forgot to mention he mocked PC gaming in the process. Yes, he mocked PC gaming 1 year before releasing his game on PC.

Jesus, get over it, people. Oh, he talked some trash? ...SO? It's not like he's running for president; he's allowed to speak his mind and perhaps misspeak once or twice. He made a game--by all accounts a good one--and now he's letting more people play it. God, he's the devil.

Stop being so sensitive. Buy the games you're interested in and stop worrying so god damn much about the peripheral BS. Christ.

I feel like this lords-name-in-vain-filled rant was suitable considering today's Easter. You're all welcome.

If you were a girl, you would probably sleep with the biggest asshole you could and wonder why he treats you so bad.

Yep, you've sure got me pegged.

Let me ask you something: if at a point you made a mistake in public fashion (perhaps attempting to insult someone on the internet would qualify), would you try to correct yourself and do what you know is right, or would you stubbornly cling to a senseless idea or action even though you realize it was wrong? If you had the courage to do what was right, would that make you an asshole, too?

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@levio said:

@jjweatherman said:

@levio said:

Let me ask you something: if at a point you made a mistake in public fashion (perhaps attempting to insult someone on the internet would qualify), would you try to correct yourself and do what you know is right, or would you stubbornly cling to a senseless idea or action even though you realize it was wrong? If you had the courage to do what was right, would that make you an asshole, too?

But he pretty much only corrected what he said for more money/

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@jjweatherman said:

@levio said:

@jjweatherman said:

@levio said:

Is that just what you'd like to believe? I'm not sure why you'd even make that post.

Anyway, I've already made my point here. I just wish people were more capable of putting themselves in other people's shoes and treating them how they'd like to be treated.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid said:

@jjweatherman said:

@levio said:

@jjweatherman said:

@levio said:

Is that just what you'd like to believe? I'm not sure why you'd even make that post.

Anyway, I've already made my point here. I just wish people were more capable of putting themselves in other people's shoes and treating them how they'd like to be treated.

Do you really believe he wouldve taken it back if he hadn't decided to release it on PC?

Oh wait he never even took back the PC thing anyway lol.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#160  Edited By Slag

You know I like what of Phil Fish has to say actually

but the way he says it is just awful and needlessly confrontational.

joblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By joblack

Actually there is more, he has written in the steam forum

Polyfish [Entwickler] 23 Apr 2013 @ 2:18am it's #1 on steam right now and it's not even out yet.

you should boycott harder, nerds.

-phil

http://steamcommunity.com/app/224760/discussions/0/828936719094418300/

No way that I support that arrogant brick in any monetary way possible. I hope he looses all his arrogant hipster jerk money.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^haha that's actually pretty hilarious. i have a higher opinion of him now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.