Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phil Fish

Person » credited in 5 games

A French Canadian game designer and the co-founder of Polytron Corporation.

Involved in new game?

Michael_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Just noticed that Superhypercube was announced for Project Morpheus, does anyone know if he is involved in the creation of the game? The game sounds really awesome regardless, just can't help wonder if he is invovled as Fez was so spectacular and I miss Phil's presence so much. :(

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't miss Phil. At all.

You don't get to rage quit the industry twice and keep any degree of credibility. Phil Fish is a clown.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Getz

I'm only willing to take Phil seriously if he comes back contrite and admits that he acted like an infant, crying for attention from an indifferent parent.

As to your question: fuck if I know!

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I hope clever game developers of interesting games make more games. I literally could not give less about the drama.

But unfortunately I think internet dickheads probably mean we won't be seeing him doing that again. Bummer.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

It looked like Polytron was just publishing the game, and if I remember correctly Phil said he was still going to publish them, but not develop any more. So I think he's only involved in a managerial capacity.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

I liked Fez. I don't care about Phil. If he comes back and makes another cool game, cool.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By audioBusting

The amount of "I don't know, but let me tell you what I think about Phil Fish" responses to every Phil Fish thread is almost hilarious.

As far as I know, he was definitely involved in the creation years ago, back when Fez was still in development. Wouldn't be surprised if he has stopped working on it since, you know. Either way he'd still be responsible for some of it, I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Phil Fish is the hero the games industry deserves.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By wrecks

@nickhead said:

I liked Fez. I don't care about Phil. If he comes back and makes another cool game, cool.

Yep. I'm all about the games. The rest is just noise.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#10 fisk0  Moderator

It looked like Polytron was just publishing the game, and if I remember correctly Phil said he was still going to publish them, but not develop any more. So I think he's only involved in a managerial capacity.

That's odd, it seems like the exact opposite of what I'd think he should be doing. He's a very talented game developer but very obviously absolutely terrible at handling PR things, so getting out of the game development business to focus on publishing, which in large part is PR stuff ...

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

@fisk0: @quid_pro_bono: I thought he put Polytron up for sale after the hacks, so it sounded to me like he's getting out of even the publishing business.

He didn't seem that bad at publishing, looking at how Fez did. His infamous internet interactions seemed mostly inconsequential to his business.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.