Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

The fifth entry in the Ace Attorney franchise, and the first for the 3DS.

Out today! Who's getting it?

• 76 results
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Ben_H  Online

I'll get it but I want to play the third game before I play this. I own Apollo Justice but I will likely just play that when I have time.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@irrelevantjohn said:

Wait... the eShop says the game is rated M, was there ever a Phoenix Wright game rated M?

Nope, but with all the murders they were probably relatively on the edge before, so I'm not too surprised. I do have to wonder what exactly pushed it over though.

MLeeLunsford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zeik said:

@irrelevantjohn said:

Wait... the eShop says the game is rated M, was there ever a Phoenix Wright game rated M?

Nope, but with all the murders they were probably relatively on the edge before, so I'm not too surprised. I do have to wonder what exactly pushed it over though.

ESRB has declined to comment as to why, since it has similar warnings as the rest of the games. My guess is the fully animated cut scenes making it more intense? Dunno.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Zeik

@zeik said:

@irrelevantjohn said:

ESRB has declined to comment as to why, since it has similar warnings as the rest of the games. My guess is the fully animated cut scenes making it more intense? Dunno.

Yeah, that would make sense. Much like how Persona went M rated when moving to 3D even though the earlier games were technically much more violent and explicit in content.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#55  Edited By lumley

Updated the OP with some review scores. Not at all surprised that it's reviewing so well, can't wait to download this later tonight.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Huh, i'll get this as soon as my 3DS arrives i guess. Anybody happen to know where to get the cash/points or whatever they use for the Nintendo eShop online? I imported an NA 3DS so i can't just buy them here.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

@shirogane: Don't think you have to add points/cash beforehand when buying games on the eShop, or at least I don't. Whenever I buy eShop games I am asked if I want to add the exact amount so I never have to worry about adding money to my account in £15/$20 chunks.

However, these sites look like the best for buying prepaid codes if that's what you're after:

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/3DS-20-Prepaid-Game-Card/ (US & EU)

http://www.game.co.uk/en/nintendo-eshop-card-15-154940 (UK)

I've used a similar service for XBL points cards and they're super quick with the email.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By JZ

@hailinel: yeah I'm a horrible person. Well it's VLR's fault for spoiling me.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Downloading it now! Should be out for Europe, Australia, etc. Not for the US yet though.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ugh, 2 hours left.

Beb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I feel less motivated to get this since they never released AAI2. Maybe in the future if the price drops.

I feel like people not buying the games only makes them less likely to release more in the future. Seems like you are sabotaging yourself.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

bought it. I actually woke up about 2 times during the night just to check if it was online. Then I found out most new stuff is upped at 9 am but man am I super psyched!

Whale-san, GUILTY!

No Caption Provided

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By cloudymusic

I'm allllllllll over this.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By JoeyRavn

I feel like I should... but I'm rather short on money this month. I could get it, it wouldn't be a sacrifice or anything, but I feel that I have my hands full with Pokémon X right now.

Edit: Went ahead and bought it. What's wrong with me? I have no will power...

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ElixirBronze

I would, but my stupid Pokemon game is eating 95% of my fucking SD card :( so there's no room for this.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By happenstance

Just bought my copy and am downloading now. Really looking forward to it, the Phoenix Wright games are always some of my favourites.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone tell me what the download size is? I can't imagine it's that big. Hope I can squeeze it onto the SD card.

Also lol IGN for complaining about the game being linear...as if they've never played a Phoenix Wright game before.

SuperKcross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goddamnit I'm not even done with SMT IV and Pokemon X yet.

ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ExcessDebris

Already purchased and downloaded. I've missed you Phoenix.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@l1ghtn1n said:

They don't do as good a job as I'd like explaining some of the backstory though; I know nothing about Apollo Justice or his relationship with Phoenix Wright (or even what happened to him, seems like he lost his badge for a while?) or who Athena is (Is she new to the series? What happened to Maya?) but that's stuff I can just read a wiki on if needed.

That's a great thing. This series relies on story and the pacing of everything would just get bogged down if people who have played the previous games had to sit through a bunch of exposition and explanation of things that they've already experienced. I can't put myself in that position, but so far there hasn't been anything major that would require that amount of explanation for newcomers to the series but there are still a lot of callbacks and references to the previous games, which I think is the perfect way to handle it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Aaannnddd... it's downloading. $30 is a bit much for a game that I will play once, but I figure that: a. Its presence on the E-Shop ensures that the price won't go down anytime soon and b. I should support Phoenix Wright in order to ensure that it continues coming out in the west.

Meepasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm torn that I don't have time to play it right now while juggling Pokemon, but I bought it anyway to show my support.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By SpunkyHePanda  Online

Good to have you back, Ace Attorney. *single tear*

I'm halfway through the second case, and it hasn't been too challenging so far, save for two real head-scratchers. There's a point in the first case where you might even need to break out a pen and paper. My sleep-deprived brain wasn't prepared for that.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Played a little last night. Didn't get too far, but I'm really happy with the graphics and the 3D is well done. This is how a next gen Ace Attorney game should look =D

BirthWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got it yesterday, downloaded during work, then had to wait to play it.

It's so good, I absooooooolutely love the 3D models with all the quirky animations and stuff, and turning the 3D all the way up still makes it look gorgeous.

WOOOOONDERFUL.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@l1ghtn1n: Here's some quick answers if you want them, though Apollo Justice is worth playing.

Athena is new. Maya is doing medium training or whatever. Phoenix forged evidence and lost his badge(though I think that was all cleared up in the last case of AJ which is why he's allowed to come back), but for the time being Phoenix hired Apollo and basically mentored him. The girl with the magician hat is Trucy, Phoenix's adopted daughter. She's a magician.

And since you haven't played since the second one(though the third is fantastic and you should totally play it), don't be surprised if Edgeworth is less of an antagonist than you remember. He's more friend than foe to Phoenix these days.

Anyway, I played through the opening case last night and had a good time. There were a couple bits where I figured the thing out way before the game wanted me to and actually ended up forgetting about some small details when the game wanted me to present them. Other than that, it was a good warm-up. I'm a little disappointed the second case seems to be a flashback since I'm excited to get right into the present day stuff, but it should be entertaining at least. No reference to Gumshoe so far, so that makes me sad, but hopefully there'll be no Wendy Oldbag, I hate her.

And on the note of recurring characters, I wonder if Kay Faraday, or Von Karma will make an appearance(Granted I know nothing about AAI2 so there could be stuff about them in that). I also hope Trucy gets a decent role, I actually found her to be a more enjoyable sidekick than Maya.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.