Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 09, 2016

The sixth mainline entry in the Ace Attorney series released worldwide for the Nintendo 3DS in 2016.

Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice announced for West - September 2016 US/Europe

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Awesome! Man, September is going to be insane!

Edit: thought about it for a few more minutes and I'm even more excited. I love Phoenix Wright games and am happy the West is getting this one, especially since we didn't get the fudal Japan one.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I didn't see any Athena or Maya. Where are you getting that from?

Phoenix Wright and Apollo's voice acting continues to sound bad to me, but it's in line with most anime dubbing so I'm guessing most fans are fine with it. Any phoenix wright is OK with me though, I just wish it was better.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hopefully Spirit of Justice implies Mr. Wright wins moral victories but no actual ones. Summing every case up with, "Well, my heart's in the right place."

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Can't say I'm too excited about the setting for this one, but on the other hand, I MISSED YOU, MAYA FEY.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n: Oh OK. I only saw the screenshots in the announcement post. Thanks!

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no objection to this.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Still sad that the Meiji period Japan one isn't coming, but alright. I wasn't interested in Dual Destinies, so this'll be my first Ace Attorney in a long time. I wonder what Shu Takumi is working on though...

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ThunderSlash

@audiobusting: Same, I find it hard to believe that they skipped localizing that one just because it had explicit Japanese elements. There has to be another reason.

A new Ace Attorney game is fine by me though, even if it's only digital.

Phoenix's 3D model looks funky.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I bought Dual destinies and then never played it because I never finished Ace Attourney 4. It also took me forever just to finish the 3 first games in the series. I kind of want to keep up with the series but I'm so behind and it takes me so long to just get through one :(

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

It's a bummer that The Great Ace Attorney never made it over here, but hey, if the excellent Gyakuten Kenji 2 fan translation was anything to go by, I'll be able to play that game in English at some point.

I'm more than okay with another Ace Attorney game. I know some people weren't so hot on it, but I liked Dual Destinies a lot and I liked the Professor Layton crossover a decent amount too. The only thing that gives me pause is that there seems to be a lot of mystical nonsense happening in this one... which I've always thought was one of the weaker parts of the AA games.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

s-bot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so ready for more ace attorney shenanigans

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I can't tell if Pees'lubin Andistan'dhin is a really good dumb pun name or a really dumb dumb pun name.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

On episode 2 right now and I'm enjoying the return of being able to investigate every background, for whatever reason this feature was not in Duel Destinies. A lot of the conversations while investigating have been very entertaining so far.

On the game as a whole it feels like an improvement over Duel Destinies so far but we'll see how it goes. I was pretty disappointed by DD, even though it had some good moments, and Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright was a horrible tease with a potentially amazing Shu Takumi game being hamstrung by Level-5.

I really want Spirit of Justice to be great but without Takumi it might just be "okay" like every mainline entry in the series after Trails and Tribulations. However it is giving me a pretty good first impression so here's hoping for the best.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater said:

I can't tell if Pees'lubin Andistan'dhin is a really good dumb pun name or a really dumb dumb pun name.

It's amazing because it's stretching so far.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Efesell

I enjoy that this new setting does not even attempt to keep up the lie anymore about the entire court being 100% full of shit. That's just baked in now.

@arbitrarywater said:

I couldn't help but appreciate how far they'll go for the worst jokes. Even if they spoil it a bit with a couple "Ha! You get it!?" lines.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bit into Episode 2 now (first investigation phase).

Pretty happy with it so far. I really liked Dual Destinies and this is basically like a continuation of that as far as style & assets go (I love how the 3d characters are animated in the cartoonish way that is a hallmark of the series). What I've played till now has been solidly written, and since they aren't developing a new protagonist the pacing feels pretty good. I've got some hopes about getting some twisty plot developments in the later cases.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Karmosin

A little dissapointed by the lack of Athena. The case she got was pretty short, but hey, it was pretty fun and you got to see Blackquill again! The game is more dedicated to Apollo either way, so I guess I should be happy that they still squeezed in a case for her.

Otherwise I've enjoyed it alot. Still think I like dual destinies more though. Here's to hoping that the DLC-case will be as good as the one in that game!

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm on case 5 and boy, if you like Apollo and want to know more about his back story, this is the game for you.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dekkadekkadekka: is it comparable to his role in DD? Because they filled out his backstory and in the process turned him in to a stupid whining baby.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@alistercat: it delves more into his family, specifically his father. Hasn't gotten as mopey as he got in DD. There's more I could say about certain aspects of this which are a bit disappointing, but it involves spoilers from Apollo Justice and I'm on mobile, so I can't spoiler block them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.