Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 08, 2018

Obsidian Entertainment's second crowdfunded game, set in the pirate-infested tropical archipelago of Deadfire.

Any duders backed this one?

Skithus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Any duders backed this one? (94 votes)

Yes 28%
    No 71%
     • 
    hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

I've never backed anything and never will.

Skithus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've backed about 8 kickstarters so far, they've all panned out except for crowfall which is still in development. I'm fairly selective about it, but with big companies like double-fine or Obsidian it's kinda a no-brainer for me. Plus I was a huge fan of the original Pillars which I had also kickstarted.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mcfart

@hawkinson76 said:

I've never backed anything and never will.

This. I thought the Kickstarter fad was over already, what with its many failures.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad crowdfunding is still a thing that developers can utilise to create games that would otherwise never exist or wouldn't be funded by publishers because it wouldn't be profitable.

People are right to be skeptical about kickstarter/crowdfunding projects by relative unknowns, but I think for established developers this is really good avenue to speak directly to fans. I would probably never fund a kickstarter that was proposed by one guy asking for $40,000 but for a developer like Obsidian I would certainly hear them out. Now having said that I haven't backed this game but that's because I have barely touched the first one. Seeing as they're already at $3 million of the $1 million goal they'll probably be fine.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't backed it, and wont because I don't have the money for the tier I want (I want my boxed copy!) but I'm so stoked that they're making another Pillars. I love the first one.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up not backing it, but did back the first one. I have no qualms with backing projects if you're into them, my gaming habits are such that...I have yet to actually start the first one yet >_>;;; maybe in 2035 if there's still electricity.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I loved the first Pillars enough to feel alright about backing this one. They're saying the right things and have definitely been far more reasonable with their stretch goals than some of the earlier campaigns I've backed. I seriously doubt the "Q1 2018" projected release date, but at the very least it seems like the game is already decently far along in development.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

I'm backing it enthusiastically. I'm a fan of Obsidian and CRPGs, so Pillars 2 is right up my alley. What they've said and showed of it so far is really enticing. Here's the newest update showing off a little bit of the big city in the game:

Loading Video...

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I still haven't finished Pillars of Eternity (which I backed). It will take me longer to finish it than for them to make Pillars of Eternity II, so no.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Didn't back Pillars 1 and loved it, so I decided to go for the second one. Obsidian has given me an astounding number of excellent games, so I feel good about helping them out a bit now.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Campaign ended with 400% of funding goal reached.

They have a post-campaign backer portal up if anyone is still interested in contributing.

Benzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've maybe backed 2 or 3 things, and this was one I definitely had to back. As much fun as I got out of the first game, I wanted to see them make another. I was a huge fan of Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/NWN, so to see this team make an absolutely fantastic modern cRPG, I felt compelled to help them make a sequel. I only try to back projects that have earned the support, rather than lean on promises.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I don't back games... I'm very interested in how this one reviews though as the previous one was great.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Justin258

I didn't back it, but I'm very likely to buy it despite never finishing the first one.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Greg

I've backed a couple of things in the past and regretted both. I won't back this but I'll almost certainly buy it.

I didn't finish the first game but I really enjoyed the time I put into it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Tennmuerti

I backed the first one and was very impressed with how that turned out. Kind of missed that the second game was even kick started. So just bought it, cause yeah that's my jam and I'm definitely gonna be playing it.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@justin258: Haha...me too. I am gonna do my best to hold off until I beat the first one, but alas, I am weak.

The first one starts out kind of slow (or I thought), but there's one moment in that game that got me real jazzed about where the story was going.

Has anyone played it on console? I'm thinking of picking it up for that instead since most of my gaming is at my TV/Couch these days...

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Downloading now.

This will pretty much be my gaming life for the next couple of weeks.

Sergiy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not this one, I didn't like the original pillars, but as a CRPG fan I will need to play the second eventually, when the price drops.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope but will buy day for ps4. Pillars 1 was great.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ltcolumbo

@big_denim: I bought the original for PS4 a few months ago when I received an email reminding me that the second one was coming out soon. I already owned it on PC but I’m just more into turning gelatinous on a couch most nights now. It plays, looks, and controls great on PS4. I backed the sequel and will be receiving a Steam copy, but I’ll almost definitely be waiting for the PS4 version to try it.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I had forgotten about it until they announced the Critical Role content in it.

I barely scratched the surface of Divinity: Original Sin 2, not because it was bad (it is in fact, pretty awesome), but I just wasn't in the frame of mind for it - I need to go back to it. I really liked Pillars of Eternity though, it more closely matches my love of Baldur's Gate. I've ordered and pre-loaded Pillars of Eternity 2. I was ready to play yesterday, but bloody worldwide releases mean that a "May 8th" release is really a "May 9th" release for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.