Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pilotwings 64

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 23, 1996

Take control of six characters and take part in hand-gliding, rocket-belting, and gyrocopter-ing to pass tests in this crazy flight simulator for the N64.

Why Don't I Care about Platinum Medals Anymore?

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By insouciant

I remember playing Blast Corps for weeks and Pilotwings 64 for months in order to get all perfect scores, thus earning all the platinum medals.  But with Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Link's Crossbow Training I don't care anymore.  If I get at least a bronze in each event, that's good enough for me.  Maybe it's because Wii Play is shovelware that came bundled with an extra Wii remote, and Link's Crossbow Training is kind of like shovelware that came bundled with the Wii zapper. 

But Wii Sports is a quality game.  Maybe the full range of physical motions in Wii Sports discourages me into thinking it's nearly impossible to get perfect scores.  For example, in Pilotwings on the cannon stages, getting a platinum medal just involved pointing the cannon at the right angle and trajectory, then pressing A at the right moment.  But in Wii Sports on the putting green training, to get a platinum you have to swing your arms at just the right speed and aim at just the right angle.  It's almost as hard as real golf.  Actually, since a lot of times the Wii has trouble accurately registering your swings, it's harder than real golf!

Maybe it's because Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Link's Crossbow training don't have story lines.  But Pilotwings doesn't have a story line either.  Maybe I'm just getting lazier.    
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

Try getting all the stamps in Wii Sports Resort. THAT will keep you busy for months.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.