The game has been in early access for a while, and now finally fully released for PC and Xbox. Behemoth took a weird turn and made a turn based strategy game, much to the chagrin of fans hoping for Castle Crashers 2. But the game is very much worth your time. It is strategy + coop + pokemon.
1. The art and humor is still very much their distinct style.
2. The strategy combat is not as tight as say Into the Breach, but the more laid-back feel is nice too.
3. The game also offers online or couch co-op, a rarity in turn based strategy games.
4. Units can be recruited by capturing enemies (of wacky design) on the battlefield.
5. All kinds of loot and customization options.
96% positive on steam
Destructoid: 8.5--"I love the risks it takes to shake up strategy RPGs. It's a wild, creative, occasionally erratic game. Pit People is imperfect, but it's so worth your time."
also 25% off until March 13, 2018, $15