Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pixel Piracy

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 30, 2014

An indie 2D pixel art-styled pirate-themed, roguelike, randomly generated open world game.

Officially released... Hoping for a Vinny Quick Look

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

So this game finally came out of Early Access and has been officially launched. I've had it in my Steam Library for awhile but I rarely play early access games as I'd rather just wait for the official release.

I've played about 3 hours of it so far and I'm actually having a lot of fun. The game seems to have a fair amount of depth to it. Every crew member can be upgraded how the player chooses with stat increases or learning skills from skill books. For example I have 5 crew members right now (including the captain) and I have the captain plus 3 others set up as my boarding party who are good at combat while I have my 5th crewmate focusing on skills that help my boat sail faster, etc... There seems to be room for at least 20 - 30 crew members on your roster though you do have to supply food and and either rum or pay for morale so you don't want to expand too much too quickly.

Combat is pretty much automatic but that's kind of essential when dealing with a large crew like this. You can set up groups and choose who you want to move where and there are melee and ranged weapons though I have not used any ranged weapons yet so I'm not sure how they work.

There are a few rough edges in how the game explains things to you. For example I just got a cannon on my ship as well as some ammo for it, but I don't know how to use it right now. I suspect I need to buy a skill book that will teach someone the cannon skill but I haven't seen it. There is still tons for me to learn though. I'm hoping Vinny will give the game a try for an hour or two and then do a nice long quick look.

One early tip. Buy the swimming skill for all your crew members as soon as you can. It will save you some annoying reloads if your favorite crew member gets knocked overboard in combat.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Please not yet. The dev really fucked up by calling this an official release of a complete game. There are still tons of bugs, maybe even more now with this huge content update.

This game has such amazing potential and I don't want to see people's expectations of it ruined.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.