Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PixelJunk Eden

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 31, 2008

This is the third PixelJunk game on PSN -- a unique take on the platforming genre. It features swing physics, trophy support, and YouTube video recording/uploading.

Would the game be more fun with no time limit?

zig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zig

I think so.  The time limit definitely makes it more of a traditional game with traditional challenges, but I don't really think that's necessary for a game like this.  It could even be a separate scoreless mode for all I care.  I enjoy swinging around collecting pollen, I do not enjoy being pressed for time and consequently getting frustrated any time I miss a jump.

hiimmikecruz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By hiimmikecruz

Yes it would be.  I wouldn't have cared but now that the later gardens have stupid gimmicks, (jumps/teleports) and confusing maps so i don't know where to go it makes it very frustrating.

Mexicutioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Mexicutioner

no because it would take out the  challenge, you cant die in the game the enemies cant kill you.

DrVanNostren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DrVanNostren

I think that it would be more fun without the clock too. It is so relaxing and leisurely and the clock totally throws it off. I agree that it would take out the challenge, but honestly I don't play PJ Eden for the challenge, I play it because it is relaxing and fun.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Demyx

Agreed, I played the demo, and I think I would've started to like it more if I had more time with it and didn't run out of time. But it is a nice PSn game nontheless.

DrVanNostren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DrVanNostren
    Demyx said:
    "Agreed, I played the demo, and I think I would've started to like it more if I had more time with it and didn't run out of time. But it is a nice PSn game nontheless."
    Agreed, definitely still a good game
    packfan104l4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By packfan104l4

It's a GREAT game, but getting all of the seeds in the later levels is practically impossible with the time limit restriction.  I'm even stuck on garden 4 with opening all seeds because of that damn spinning thing knocking me everywhere.  I'm just not having fun with it anymore.  I'm throwing the controller more often than smiling.

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Psytek

Considering it would take about 2 lines of code and a <1KB patch to add an option to play without a time limit... hell yeah.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike

I would buy this game if there wasn't a time limit.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By KingBroly

Yeah, the time limit definitely takes away the feel of what the game is trying to go for.  A nice, relaxing game you can just sit back and play for a few minutes at a time.  But instead you're sweating bullets because you just fell for 10 seconds after getting so close to a Spectre.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By brukaoru

I would probably have a lot more fun with it if there was no time limit, but it would take out the challenge for other players... If they just made it optional, that would be pretty darn cool.

Hayden54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Hayden54

It would definitely take out the challenge and the urgency of the game - it could actually make it fairly boring. But I agree, they do need a different mode or easy difficulty and either make the timer last longer/refills fill up more or scrap it altogether. Hopefully that expansion pack comes soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.