The Planes of Oblivion are the places you go to when you enter an Oblivion Gate. There are various types of Planes which change according to its Daedric Prince. There are 16 Daedric Princes with their own Plane.
Note: The Planes you visit in the game belong to different Daeric Princes but they are surprisingly similar to each other.
- Mehrunes Dagon's Deadlands: Dagon's Plane of Oblivion is one of the most hellish places the player will visit. This is the realm which invades Tamriel during The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It is surrounded by an ocean of lava and scattered islands. There are various buildings on these islands, including towers, which contain slaughterhouses for example, and non-functional and functional gates.
- Sheogorath's Madhouse / The Shivering Isles: The plane of the daedric prince of madness is the Madhouse, more commonly known as the Shivering Isles. It can be visited by the player in the expansion The Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles. It is divided into halves: Mania, the northern half , the crazy and happy part of The Shivering Isles, and Dementia, the southern half, the dark and sick part of The Shivering Isles.
- Mephala's Web: Mephala's Plane is innaccessible to mortals. Some say that the realm is intricate and woven as a web and she rules over it.
- Nocturnal Realm: Nocturnal's Realm is Nocturnal's stronghold. It is a place in which no light shall enter where Nocturnals, daedric beings, reside. The main stronghold is called Shade Perilous.
- Malacath's Ashpit:Malacath's Realm is known as the most difficult realm to reach. It is described as being a realm with dust, palaces of smoke and vaporous creatures, as its name says.
- Boethiah's Attribution's Share: Previously known as Snake Mount, Boethiah's Plane is depicted by twisted towers and titanic maze gardens. Here is held the Tournament of Ten Bloods.
- Molag Bal's Coldharbour: Molag Bal's realm is, basically, a vast terrain with a great amount of charnel houses and slave pens. Mortals found in this realm are captured and placed in one of those places.
- Vaermina's Quagmire: Vaermina's Plane is a realm of dreams, nightmares and vicious tortures. Every few minutes, this realm's environment changes to a new terrible vision.
- Meridia's Colored Rooms: The Colored Rooms are a series of realms in which reside the Auroran daedra (these can be found in the expansion pack Knights of the Nine).
- Sanguine's Realms: Sanguine is the master of an outrageous amount of realms, used mainly as pleasure pockets.
- Hircine's Hunting Grounds: Hircine's realm is composed by many rooms and mazes inhabited by bears, wolves, werecreatures and Daedra, for example. Mortals found here are usually hunted by said creatures.
- Clavicus Vile's Realm: Clavicus Vile's realm has a peaceful-looking and tranquil environment, where horned and yellow-skinned Daedra live.
- Hermaeus Mora Apocrypha: This realm resembles a huge library where prohibited knowledge can be obtained. The books found here have black covers with no titles at all. This library is haunted by ghosts, all seeking the knowledge it contains.
- Peryite's Pits: Peryite's Planes are the lowest parts of Oblivion and are similar to Mehrunes Dagon's Deadlands, resembling Hell itself. It is possible to visit this realm in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
- Azura's Moonshadow: Moonshadow is a twilight country of shades and half-thoughts. The beauty present in the garden full of roses this realm holds makes mortals half blind.
- Namira's Scuttling Void: There is currenlty no information on this Plane.