Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlanetSide 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

PlanetSide 2 is the sequel to the 2003 MMOFPS PlanetSide from Sony Online Entertainment which remains one of the most notable and successful games in the genre.

Can a faction ever win?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funkydupe

Are there rounds/resets/scores, anything to keep track of who is in the lead between the sides?

I'm hoping one of the sides can win by holding certain areas, but I have no idea how this works in PS.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Funkydupe

Err. The forum made two identical topics for some reason. This is a first. :/

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Nentisys

@Funkydupe said:

Are there rounds/resets/scores, anything to keep track of who is in the lead between the sides?

In planetside 1 there were no resets. If a faction captured all the conquerable regions in the game, the 2 remaining factions would just group up in their "sanctuaries" (basically their own little island that no other empire can come to) and try to push out. It is practically impossible for a faction to hold all regions for any length of time because they have to split their defenses in order to defend against 2 factions that are invading separate regions. And capturing all regions in the first place is super hard in the first place.

Im not in the PS2 beta (DAMN YOU!) so I don't know how that is handled in PS2.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vodun

@Nentisys said:

@Funkydupe said:

In planetside 1 there were no resets. If a faction captured all the conquerable regions in the game, the 2 remaining factions would just group up in their "sanctuaries" (basically their own little island that no other empire can come to) and try to push out. It is practically impossible for a faction to hold all regions for any length of time because they have to split their defenses in order to defend against 2 factions that are invading separate regions. And capturing all regions in the first place is super hard in the first place.

Im not in the PS2 beta (DAMN YOU!) so I don't know how that is handled in PS2.

The beta hasn't implemented the whole "world" yet, it's just one continent and your main spawn is your sanctuary gate.

I have a hint of a memory of some kind of weekly or monthly region/land percentage tally? Is that wrong then?

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Nentisys

@Vodun said:

I have a hint of a memory of some kind of weekly or monthly region/land percentage tally? Is that wrong then?

Im not sure but now that you mention it I seem to recall that too. Im pretty sure it was on the "planetside players" website (which is all dead links these days) that had all kinds of stats to crawl through. I just logged into planetside to check and I can't find anything like that in the ingame stats windows.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zaccheus

PS2 works the same way as PS1 in this respect and was well explained by @Nentisys. So every faction have their "safe zone" that can't be invaded. So there is no way to actually lose.

AtomicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AtomicEdge

There are definitely going to be a lot of stats in the game, including an iOS and Android app, so I imagine they will be logging some kind of "Overall winner" data.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.