Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 15, 2013

Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time is the sequel to the popular tower defense game Plants vs. Zombies. The game was released through the Apple store on August 15th, 2013, and is, unfortunately, a "free-to-play" title with microtransactions.

Major patch totally changes game

knightlyknave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A new patch game out which is super weird. It removed all the gates that needed keys or stars. But, it put all the optional stuff on a linear main line route. That means that some of the really hard levels that used to be locked behind optional doors are now required to progress. The Match 2 game with 5 different symbols in particular I doubt I could beat if I had to.

What does everyone else think?

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What does everyone else think?

That no one should support a game clearly designed to make the player continuously pay money.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So this makes it more of a grind to progress through the game without microtransactions?

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

So, does that mean more or less Michael Transactions?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Sounds like one step forward, one step back. The game was pretty okay as is, but I can't imagine they'd make a patch like this unless they say statistics from players that said they were losing people when they were asked to replay levels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.