Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Plants vs. Zombies

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released May 05, 2009

Plants Vs. Zombies is an action-strategy tower defense-style game developed by PopCap that tasks the player with surviving an onslaught of the undead by growing plants on their lawn.

Impossible to S-Rank after update?

sharpcypher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By sharpcypher

Is it impossible to S-Rank this game now?   

New copies of old achievements are available since the game updated.  You can't seem to get the old copies of the achievements.  For instance, I just completed China Shop, and only got credit for one copy of that achievement.  I had gotten others, like Ask Me About Mustache Mode before and after the update, so I now have two copies of that achievement. 

Can these copies be merged, or are we just SOL?

Avatar image for thedukeofargyll
    TheDukeofArgyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheDukeofArgyll

It updated most of my achievements through steam, the only one that didn't update was the complete all 20 mini games.  Apparently you have to start a new game in order to do it.  I'm not sure what platform you play it on, but when GOTY came out, steam updated it automatically.

sharpcypher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sharpcypher

Yeah, they're fine on Steam, but on Giant Bomb, there are two copies of several of the achievements.  I had already played the game through once before the GOTY version came out, so I had several of those.  When I played through after GOTY, I got those achievements again on Giant Bomb. For instance, I've been credited China Shop once, but there's another copy of that achievement that I wasn't given.

It doesn't really matter, but it's kind of a weird situation.  It seems that anybody who plays PvZ on Steam from here on out won't be able to S-Rank it.  Shame.

HaroldoNVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By HaroldoNVU

I know what you mean, I had an S-rank before the update and for some reason I remove my steam account sync and then re-added and those old achievements are no longer computed which is a shame. But only for statistics purposes since I'm about to s-rank again (only the 20 mini-games and the 2 gargantuan ones left) and it will be on my page on steam and even here if one takes some time to notice that the only achievements I'm missing are the doubled ones.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I have the same problem .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.