Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Plants vs. Zombies

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released May 05, 2009

Plants Vs. Zombies is an action-strategy tower defense-style game developed by PopCap that tasks the player with surviving an onslaught of the undead by growing plants on their lawn.

Plants vs. Zombies XBLA To Support Co-Op, Versus

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

Leaked achievement data from the Xbox Live Arcade version of Plants vs. Zombies over the weekend suggested that it would launch with co-op and versus modes, a first for the fledgling social games franchise from the makers of Peggle. But now those are confirmed features according to an official release, which also exposes a release window, new modes, and an interesting way to gauge how buddies are progressing in this version of the game.

Plants vs. Zombies XBLA launches this September at 1200 Microsoft Banana Points and will support a grand total of seven game modes, two of which are being billed as co-op and versus. In addition to this, the game will ship with 21 mini-games, one being a platform-exclusive Heavy Weapon-style shooter.  

But more intriguing, perhaps, is the "goofy new way to track and share progress online." Players will be able to create their "own custom house" and drive to check out others, according to official release.

Getting back to the co-op and versus, according to achievement gathering site Xbox 360 Achievements, "ZFF's 4 Evr" will give users 20 Gamerscore if they should "Bowl a winner with a friend" in a co-op catered version of mini-game Wall-Nut Bowling. "Versus vs. Versus" will reward users with a less-stellar 15 points if they happen to build enough steam in "VS. mode" to win five games in a row. 

No Caption Provided

Not long ago, creator PopCap Games blasted an image (above) to press of a zombie hand clawing a piece of paper that prominently said "Save the date; August 2, 2010." A betting man would have said--and at least one did--that this reminder had something to do with the forthcoming XBLA version of the title instead of a sequel. Looks like that betting man (me) was wrong.

One version of Plants vs. Zombies is a much more competitive offering than others. PopCap added in some score-based systems into the World Winner version of the game, making it possible for the service to set up ladders and such around what people can score in the game. It's not co-op or versus in the traditional vein, but it's sorta close to what we're seeing here with the XBLA version of the game.     

In addition to being available as a digital download this September, PopCap is also planning to bust out a Xbox 360 retail version of Plants vs. Zombies bundled with copies of Peggle and Zuma. A PC/Mac version this bundle is expected as well. Both of which should hit this fall at $19.99 respectively.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

Leaked achievement data from the Xbox Live Arcade version of Plants vs. Zombies over the weekend suggested that it would launch with co-op and versus modes, a first for the fledgling social games franchise from the makers of Peggle. But now those are confirmed features according to an official release, which also exposes a release window, new modes, and an interesting way to gauge how buddies are progressing in this version of the game.

Plants vs. Zombies XBLA launches this September at 1200 Microsoft Banana Points and will support a grand total of seven game modes, two of which are being billed as co-op and versus. In addition to this, the game will ship with 21 mini-games, one being a platform-exclusive Heavy Weapon-style shooter.  

But more intriguing, perhaps, is the "goofy new way to track and share progress online." Players will be able to create their "own custom house" and drive to check out others, according to official release.

Getting back to the co-op and versus, according to achievement gathering site Xbox 360 Achievements, "ZFF's 4 Evr" will give users 20 Gamerscore if they should "Bowl a winner with a friend" in a co-op catered version of mini-game Wall-Nut Bowling. "Versus vs. Versus" will reward users with a less-stellar 15 points if they happen to build enough steam in "VS. mode" to win five games in a row. 

No Caption Provided

Not long ago, creator PopCap Games blasted an image (above) to press of a zombie hand clawing a piece of paper that prominently said "Save the date; August 2, 2010." A betting man would have said--and at least one did--that this reminder had something to do with the forthcoming XBLA version of the title instead of a sequel. Looks like that betting man (me) was wrong.

One version of Plants vs. Zombies is a much more competitive offering than others. PopCap added in some score-based systems into the World Winner version of the game, making it possible for the service to set up ladders and such around what people can score in the game. It's not co-op or versus in the traditional vein, but it's sorta close to what we're seeing here with the XBLA version of the game.     

In addition to being available as a digital download this September, PopCap is also planning to bust out a Xbox 360 retail version of Plants vs. Zombies bundled with copies of Peggle and Zuma. A PC/Mac version this bundle is expected as well. Both of which should hit this fall at $19.99 respectively.
    VashTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By VashTS

I like plants

JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JessicaBoo

This game is crazy addictive......
    cspanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By cspanick

Brainsssssssssss

rargy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By rargy

PC version stole 50+ hours of my life.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By granderojo

This means co-op achievements, fuck this.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Animasta

this is basically the best tower defense game

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Ineedaname

I already have the iPhone version, the PC version, don't do this to me.

babylonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By babylonian

I hate that I know this, but Nicholson, they're called Gamer Points, not GamerScore. GamerScore is the word for your total accumulated points.

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wandrecanada

This announcement is yes!  I have the Steam version and I will surely have the XBLA version for Co Op!

bosshog70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By bosshog70

Love playing this on pc, sounds even better on xbox360

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By goodwood

Damn you popcap why is it that the games they make everyone buys them multiple times  to have it every platform. I will have to hold off on buying it on the 360.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Shabs

Nooo!  I've given enough of my life to PvZ... I don't know if I can handle more modes... more achievements... more time gone from my life...

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @VashTS said:
    " I like plants "
    I like zombies...

And in other news, believe it or not I have never played this game cause I'm waiting for the 360 version.
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FCKSNAP
    @Ineedaname said:
    " I already have the iPhone version, the PC version, don't do this to me. "
    You should just wait for the SOE version on PS3/PSP, it's inevitable since they signed that deal.
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By Sooperspy

Hopefully it plays good. Actually, Very very good for $15. It should be $10 like PC.

dr_zox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dr_zox

ahhh for goodness sake, Make a damn sequal and stop rereleasing the same crap
    jos1ah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By jos1ah

Great game, but September? I mean, we've waited long enough already. If it were releasing a month or so sooner I'd probably pull the trigger.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By ravensword

Wasnt this game suppose to hit PSN? this and Castle Crashers? WTH!? 
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrKlorox

I wish they'd patch the PC version with all these updates. Especially 1080p graphics. Even the iPad version is higher resolution than the PC one.

@Redbullet685 said:

" Hopefully it plays good. Actually, Very very good for $15. It should be $10 like PC. "

PC version is $20. Steam just sells it for half price by default.
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Seedofpower

Can someone find me the thumbnail image?

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22  Edited By Castiel
    @Snapstacle said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " I already have the iPhone version, the PC version, don't do this to me. "
    You should just wait for the SOE version on PS3/PSP, it's inevitable since they signed that deal. "
    Link please?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.