Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

Has anyone actually gotten a kill with a frag grenade?

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By OldManLight

I made it into the top 20 and as the circle shrank and I moved in and then i took fire from an unknown position. I was close to one of those small sheds with the small windows at the top so decided to use that for cover. as i got close i spotted a player crouched inside of the shed. I shot out the window and tossed a frag perfectly into the shed which landed probably less than 5 feet from the player inside. it detonates, and he didn't die!?! my throw was perfect. Lag? Bug? Armor? What's the point of a frag if it is not lethal at that extremely close range?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

The dude's frying pan probably absorbed the entire blast.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3 chaser324  Moderator

All of the thrown weapons seem a bit janky at this point. There's always a noticeable delay between me clicking and the pin being pulled as well as releasing and it actually being thrown.

Thus far, I've primarily just used them as distractions or area denial. Haven't managed to actually get a kill with them yet.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Did you accidentally throw a stun grenade?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It might've also been that once inside, the grenade rolled/bounced somewhere other than you thought and the player was around a corner from it. Or some object inside the shed blocked the blast or something.

On a related note, how often do you find you bother to a throw non-frag grenades? Their utility seems questionable most of the time, since in tight spaces they're as disorienting for you as for the enemy.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

I was holed up on the top floor of a two-story building and saw several people run into the house next to me, only to get gunned down inside. As I was forced to escape due to the impeding blue wall of death, I decided to throw a frag grenade into the adjacent murder house. Boom, got the kill and some excellent loot from the 5 corpses inside.

@bisonhero: I've used flash and smoke grenades as distractions, to get people to move out of cover or start firing so I can see them.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I threw a frag grenade towards a dude crouching and strafing in front of me, it bounced off his head and landed about next to him. He kept walking and as it exploded nothing happened and he shot me (I had no weapons at this point since the match had just begun). Did absolutely 0 damage to him.

@bisonhero: I use smoke when remaining count is under 5 and we're in an open field. Sticking around the middle of the smoke tends to be somewhat useful for concealment, allowing for a crouch or two from a prone position to hopefully take someone out.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@oldmanlight: This EXACT situation just happened to me, except I was the one hiding in the shed and the grenade that was thrown at me instantly killed me.

haxdax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I threw a frag grenade at a guy hiding behind a vehicle. I had already shot him once or twice. When it blew up, he shifted about 20 feet away from the explosion (as if it was a physics bomb) and started shooting immediately at me. He died from bullets probably 30 seconds later.

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Goboard

yup, it was my first kill too. I was in a house and all it had was a grenade. As I was heading towards the door it opened so I threw it at the door and ran for another room. The person who ran in started to run out but must not have seen or heard the grenade when they started running back in and right to wear the grenade had landed, killing them.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Yes. Ask Vinny and Alex.

palvand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP Vinny and Alex.

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Welding

Someone put a certain GIF in here.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We will soon have recorded proof.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#15 sgtsphynx  Moderator
    OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By OldManLight

@slaps2:

i wondered that too so upon noticing i didnt kill him i charged in to finish the job and got sprayed down, there's no way he did that on accident.

also that clip is hilarious.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a grenade kill for the first maybe 4 weeks ago, was pretty satisfying. A dude was holed up in a house, and he heard me walking around outside of it, so i stayed put outside thinking he would come out at some point so i could jump him, what entailed was him throwing grenades out of the houses various windows trying to get me. When he ran out he tried to take shots at me from a small room in the upper room of the house. So i though hey i got a grenade might as well just shoot out the glass and lob one in just to make him sweat for a bit. That grenade ended up killing him.

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By captain_max707

In my last solo game I made it to third place with a sweet grenade kill. It was a terrible circle with just one building in it, one of those circular two story towers, on the edge. I ran in the downstairs portion and had my heart stop when I heard footsteps above me. I ran back outside, shot open a window and threw a grenade it. I was rewarded with the kill which felt great, and then I had to crawl out to the new circle in the center of a field. Turns out the two remaining guys were on either side of me and I got gunned down by both. Was a great round though, definitely my best solo game.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a kill (was in a duo game), but I got a knock out throwing a frag grenade into a third story window last night. Unfortunately, dude was sniped by someone before I could get up there to finish him off.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#20  Edited By sammo21

Yup. This was late game, maybe 30 people left. I came across a f*ckboi shack with a huge hole in the door so I knew there was someone possible hiding inside. I threw a grenade through the hole in the door and killed a dude.

@sgtsphynx unrelated, I don't know if he does it to play up the "comedy bits" in the video but I'm always amazed at how talkative and loud Dan (honestly, both Dan and Alex) is in every PUBG video they do lol. No idea how they hear anything in the game.

HaniHani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sure have. Myself.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mike

Got one on video last week

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.