Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

Helpful tips?

Pjmcfatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pjmcfatty

Had a thought that might be helpful to any other forgetful duders out there. When playing squaaaaaaad, have one person drop a marker where the plane starts and another person drop a marker where the plane looks like it's going to end. So later, after you're done looting, you can look at the markers on the map and remember where the majority of people would have jumped from the plane. And you still have 2 markers to plot out where you're going. Just a thought...haven't actually used it yet.

Vehicles spawn facing east. So if it's facing a different direction, someone is probably around...

Some vehicles have 100% spawn rate. Some of the Twitch pros I've seen head for those points then use the car make a run to a town that is far from the plane path. (Edit: apparently this was a bug. Vehicles no longer have 100% spawn rate but they do spawn more often in garages)

Any other tips?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

At full speed in a vehicle, hit Shift+F for a super boost.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stock up on energy drinks and pain killers, especially if it looks like you'll have to outrun the bubble.

Joemotycki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
    rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rocketblast0063

Pay close attention to the Murder Island series on this site. Take a lot of notes of everything they do and you'll soon end up with chicken dinner every single time!

godzillasbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the stream was supposed to be on tonight?

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By OldManLight

holding the alt key while moving the mouse to scan your surroundings will allow you to pan the camera 360 degrees without moving your character model.

holding the ctrl key while moving will allow you to move even more quietly. works even if crouched.

bounding from cover to cover (aka tree to tree) is the safest way to traverse open ground, better to have some cover than none at all.

even armor that is damaged if it's of a higher level will reduce that much more damage for the duration of it's lifespan so if you have an undamaged lvl1 helmet and a lvl2 helmet that's slightly damaged, it's still worth it to pick it up.

Matt Rorie's "secret spot" in the water logged buildings that don't appear on a map he showed on one of his streams is a great starting location with lots of weapons, health, armor, and low enemies.

@mike XD

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abuse the third person camera. Like, a lot. PUBG has 3 parts to it: looting, shooting, and the third person camera.

It's really easy to play it like an FPS with a third person view, don't do that. You can see around corners without exposing your head. Rotate the camera around corners, over cover, over the edge of gullies, over window sills, around tree trunks. Stay in defilade, see what's out in the open.

It's kind of horse shit but it's how the game works. FPS mode will come in eventually, and it's available in custom games, but for now if you don't use third person camera like a conscienceless monster you are not going to do well.

Oh, and you know, loot from the tab interface with drag and drop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turn on the voice chat for all. You'll be greeted by a warm comunity who will certainly entertain you with their witty sense of humor.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bdead: And the entirely original hit jokes such as "China number one" being shouted over and over by white dudes

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: On the european servers we get mostly russian guys shouting and playing their delightfull hard bass music. Oh and racial slurs in multiple languages, it's a blast.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

For me, I've stopped focusing on where I'm dropping in. I don't bother trying to get to a specific house or anything. I just dive towards the ground as fast as I can. Its risky, but I find that just landing in the middle of nowhere, away from all the structures and picking your way through those little out house looking buildings can lead to long runs.

I also try to keep my way point at the center of the circle. I don't necessarily go straight for it, but it keeps me headed in directions so that I don't get caught outside in the blue.

Lastly, I stopped worrying about red zones. Sure you might get hit, but running straight through and storming into buildings is a good way to get kills on people who are waiting out the bombs. Just keep your cross hairs trained low and do a quick lean around corners to see if someone takes a pot shot.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@mike: i was wondering how to do the super boost! Thanks! It's been helpful lately.

Learn your max distance from the plan path during freefall so you can plan to hit up towns as far away as possible. If you're hurting for supplies, get a car early and go to a town far away from the plan path and loot it before you head for the circle.

Plan ahead for the late game, if you're well equipped, and find yourself a small building or shak towards the middle of the circle. It's more likely to contract towards the middle portions.

Loot fast and have a goal with looting so you know when to stop. When you feel well equipped for late game, plan out your cowardice.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

only engage if you're sure you can finish the job. Nothing sucks more than losing your advantage of surprise only to have your victim make it to cover or get away long enough to heal or be prepared to defend themselves.

AR's are your best long range option behind sniper rifles but shotguns/smg's will devastate people in close range. plan your loadout accordingly.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

One thing that I started doing and it's helping me a lot is to shoot more in third person, instead of trying to go to iron sights or first person every time. Weapons are surprisingly accurate, specially when crouched and holding the RMB, and it makes you a lot more mobile while maintaining situational awareness. I basically just go for first person when I have a scope or am trying to shoot an enemy that's too far away.

freetacos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abuse the third person camera. Like, a lot. PUBG has 3 parts to it: looting, shooting, and the third person camera.

It's really easy to play it like an FPS with a third person view, don't do that. You can see around corners without exposing your head. Rotate the camera around corners, over cover, over the edge of gullies, over window sills, around tree trunks. Stay in defilade, see what's out in the open.

It's kind of horse shit but it's how the game works. FPS mode will come in eventually, and it's available in custom games, but for now if you don't use third person camera like a conscienceless monster you are not going to do well.

Oh, and you know, loot from the tab interface with drag and drop.

Yeah, panning around with the camera while you're in cover (or in general) is a must. If I am camping out in a house that I like, I make sure to stay somewhere that would be hidden to people coming in, but where I can pan the camera around and see the entrances. That way it's easy to pop out with a shotgun for an easy kill. Sometimes I will even run the route as if I were an enemy coming into the house, to see which spots I can/cannot see. That's obviously if I have time to kill and have found a good spot to camp out a bit.

I've had some luck with finding a vehicle early on, and using it to my advantage to stay towards the outside of the circle. I can wait at the edge of the circle until there's 10 seconds before it constricts, and then hop in the vehicle and dash to the outer edge of the new circle.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

I finished downloading this a few mins ago. I was always curious about the island in square H on the map. So first run in i decided to go take a look. It was a looooong swim. Turn out it's totally the island you start on. But, it had lots of great gear. In 2 mins I found lvl3 backpacks and helmets. Now I don't advise this unless you find a speed boat at the start of the match and even then you will have to move very quickly. But it looks like a great place to score awesome gear early on.

Sorry if all this is know already.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninja_welshman: If you're playing in a team and happen to see a boat heading out to that island, you can follow them in your own boat and then have one of your teammates steal theirs when they're looting, stranding them on the island.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is it just me or is the skill level on the NA Server way lower just finished 3# with 8 kills. While i normally get 2 on the EU server end ending in the 20's most of the time ?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake said:

is it just me or is the skill level on the NA Server way lower just finished 3# with 8 kills. While i normally get 2 on the EU server end ending in the 20's most of the time ?

There is per-server MMR, so by switching servers to NA you were playing with either new people or people with lower MMR.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: Aha that would make sense.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Don't worry so much about the blue wall of death, the first 2 times it shrinks down its not especially lethal, especially with energy drinks/painkillers and you can really get the jump on people by letting the blue wall pass you for a moment and looking for everybody else running for safety.

Rocketskates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Rocketskates
    Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got a 5th followed by a 9th in singles. That chicken dinner is getting closer, I can smell it!! Starting to get a feel for the flow and the weapons. I don't like sniper rifles, I do like double barrel shotguns. Also the tip above saying don't start nothing unless you can finish it is super good advice. Especial when your down to the last 20.

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By shaggydude

I've learned a lot from watching the Doc! I get a lot of good laughs out of it too. DrDisrespect is kinda like if a man's shoulders were just constructed out of chips on his shoulder! He's also the two-time, back to back, 1993-94 Blockbuster Video Game Champion, so he's got some bona fides. I think the man is a genius entertainer who's basically taken a wrestler kind of gimmick and applied it to twitch. And he's preeeetty good at PUBG! You can't duplicate his skill to connect with a player's head at 100m, but there's a lot to be gained by watching someone who's played hundreds of matches just in small things he does. Watch where he chooses to drop, or one time I watched him loot Georgopol and it changed how I go about looting Georgopol. Sometimes he will have a sniper rifle just within the first 5min of a match or something so I will try to find loot in a similar spot.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Found this loot map. Hope it helps.

Pjmcfatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take some time and just screw around with your fellow duders. Have fun with the game. Don't worry about getting a chicken dinner every time...

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@mike: you %100 got me with this one, made a hilarious death tho

I can say that out of the 3 Chicken Dinners I got, the best win was after a team kill halfway through, so kill your mates and then you have people to watch and help you to victory

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike said:

@ninja_welshman: If you're playing in a team

how do you play in a team

If you hover over the Play/Ready button you can choose which mode you want to queue for. You can form a party from people on your Steam friends list by clicking the button on the lower left of the screen before you queue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.