Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

I wish this game had kill cam.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

title is pretty self explanatory. Sometimes I am not sure where I got shot from and I think it be great if they added kill cam, would make it easier to improve.

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I normally am not a fan of kill cams in MOST shooters. The problem with killcams is they often have gameplay implications that I don't think should be in a shooter. They almost become part of the strategy itself which is lame to me.

However this game I think it would be positive. The map is vast and you get kicked out of the game right after your death. Maybe in squads it would be possible to call out positions to squad members with which would be lame.... but maybe just make everyone get to see theirs when your whole squad dies?

I really don't like gameplay effecting killcams though. However the death can be a bit unsatisfying not having an idea of what happened in the game, and I don't think this would effect gameplay much.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Lanechanger

@alavapenguin: That's a good point. You can't exactly respawn and goto your killer's camping point and flank them (edit: in solo, can still be done in duo+)

But yeah, I want the 2D/3D spectator mode they mentioned and wouldn't mind a kill cam. There can be a dissatisfying feel to dying sometimes especially when you've committed a long time into the game. I don't know if anyone else does this but when I'm in top 10 and I get killed, I will stay in the game to see how the rest of it plays out. More specifically I remember who killed me and see if they go on to win the CD or get killed.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sasnake

Killcam might be seen as a problem in the duo/squad games though, with ghosting....sorta. With the whole stream sniping thing currently being a mess I'd imagine they would want to avoid killcams for those 2 modes at least.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Solo killcam - absolutely

Duos/Squads - killcams after the whole team has been wiped out

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

They are going to be adding a kill cam in for solos only, no ETA yet. Source was a Twitch stream a few months ago in which they were answering community questions.

Pete0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see a replay of the round plotted onto the map so that once your squad is dead you can watch how everyone moved about the map during the round. You would see multiple trails heading into towns and then a few seconds later only one or two coming out.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love a heat map of the game up to the point you die or win. It'd be fun to see the familiar red of the Military Base and random white hot patches in the middle of nowhere.

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ALavaPenguin

@pete0r: That is a great idea. I would love some heatmap stuff like that.

Obviously a lot of this is about priorities for a game in development. however, still good to suggest it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@pete0r: Heroes Path mode is part of the DLC bundle, along with hard mode and a Majora's mask

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John1912

I like the game a lot. I have been sticking with it. I have really not played a "shooter" since Destiny I guess. Its early access so you have to give it some time. It would greatly improve the gameplay to have a death cam or even full replay of your match. That said, it would also shorten the life time of the gameplay. If that off sets that vs future or current gamers is a toss up. I would settle for proper audio where I can place shots fired. So many issues are being thrown in, and not knowing about wtf is going on, not having enough beneficial experience. IF they were intended I would just like it spelled out more. Its a really fun game!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Yeah some sort of info on how I got sniped would be nice. Hard to get better if you don't know how you even died.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ivdamke

I dunno, this game is pretty cut and dry in terms of how you died. If you get shot you're usually being out gunned in terms of aim/weapon power in close quarters or you were exposed to someones vision at a distance. Knowing whether a guy shot you from up on the hill through a window or behind a tree over a rock isn't going to help you improve.

That being said I see no negatives to a killcam in Solo for fun.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Not only do they need kill cams, but they very much need a way to spectate a game after you die (outside of the team based spectating). I mean, I'm not gonna watch a whole game play out, but if I'm in the top ten and want to see how the match resolves, I should be able to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.